Return to Website

Menagerie Forum (free 4 all)

If you manege, have the personality of an animal down pat, like yourself unconditionally and speak the language of the natural world, this forum is for you.  

Menagerie Forum (free 4 all)
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
((::jumps up and down, waves arms:: heyooo! Thread moved up here!))

Sil either didn't notice or care that the male was attracting attention, but he looked around nervously as he hurried behind.

"He's Fantom," she said shortly. "Only one besides myself to escape.. too bad he's such a coward," she snarls the last, and he hangs his head ashamedly, still following. "He's coming, too."

Getting there...

"Oh...I see..." Tamara murmured. She was becoming just a little annoyed at the staring. It was a while before they came upon the estate, a long while of staring from other people. But they were there at last.

-------------------

The portrait had been brought out and both Isabella and Lizzia looked at it. "It really doesn't look like her, you know." Lizzia remarked.

Isabella seemed baffled by her godmother's comment, "Look like who?"

Lizzia laughed, "You really don't know who I'm talking about? Look at her. The girl in the portrait, tell me who this reminds you of?"

"I see the resemblance in the eyes. Tell me, godmother, is Tamara...well...is she the same Tamara I've heard about in the myth."

"Myths are myths. Tamara is Tamara." There was a mysterious quality about Lizzia's smile as she looked at the small portrait she held in her hand. Her fingers gently wrapping the golden frame, added to protect the fragile piece of art.

The girl in the portrait seemed to smile back at her, and some old memories seemed to light up Lizzia's eyes.

It was so long ago. So I finally get to see your face again don't I? Little Chasity, you will always be the daughter I never had.

Both woman stood there, watching that old relic. Wyndstorm was completely oblivious was the importance to the portrait. :::"What is so important about some portrait? They treat it like some prized object."::: Wyndstorm drew his cloak to cover himself more now that Isabella was in the room, he definitely did not want other people to seem him as some sort of talking blue and pink wolf man. Thankfully, the beautiful mother-to-be didn't notice Wyndstorm that much.

:::"I think it is a prized object,"::: the dragoness replied.

:::"When do we get to move on?"::: the wolf's mental voice whined, ":::I'm bored.":::

When the old man had oepend the door to the estate once more, Tamara uttered a thankyou and then walked briskly inside, nearly walking into the wrong doors several times before she came upon the guest room and led the two inviskits in.

"Well, it looks like you've finally found your friend," Lizzia's voice was that was an amused woman. She became even more amused when she spotted Fantom. "...and an extra friend I see."

Isabella turned deathly pale at the sight of Fantom, having never to meet any creature like that anymore. Her eyes had been caught at the sight of Fantom due to the fact that she was easily out of place as Sil had a cloak to cover her.

We're here.....

Silhouette seemed unimpressed by the estate, following silently behind Tamara. As they entered the room, she actually chuckled slightly at Isabella's reaction to Fantom. He stepped back submissively, obviously not liking that he had upset her.

Sil turns to Tamara. "You needed me for something?"

The Portrait

“This is Fan...uhhh...Fantom I think..yes I think that’s correct.” Isabella was still standing there with a pale expression on her face.

“He’s not going to hurt you,” Tamara reassured the young noble woman. At least I don’t think so “I went to get my friend, Sil.....” she continued, although she did explain earlier that she had to go and get a “friend” before she left. There was a long silence and Isabella didn’t say anything. Tamara wished Isabella wasn’t so pale, she wished the woman would be a bit nicer, but she guessed this was the nature of things
Then Tamara wondered how Isabella would react if she found out what she was, but why would Isabella ever need to know that?

Lizzia finally broke the silence, “There part of the world just like grass and humans are Isabella, just deal with it.” Isabella forced a smile.

Tamara gestured towards the portrait that Lizzia and Isabella were looking at without really looking at it her self. “Can you please take a look at it and tell me if it’s the same one that was shown to you.” Taamra turned to look at Lizzia, knowing she had given away a big part of what she kept from her in order to prevent her criticism. Lizzia looked at her with an expression that wasn’t curious or questioning, it was a look that told Tamara she knew about Sil.

Isn’t there anything the woman doesn’t know?

The portrait was something that was old, very old, but the technique of the painting was created something ethereal. It wasn’t primitive at all.

Chasity Ameryn, the long perished woman who died more than the thousands of years that Tamara could count, was sitting perfectly posed. The light seemed to beam down that perfect direction in the picture, highlighting her auburn hair and spotlighting that freckled face of hers. She was, all in together ethereal in the physical aspect. But there was something that wasn’t entirely human about her, something peculiar. Those eyes. They were the very image of Tamara’s. It was almost frightening, to see another pair of those eyes, yet at the same time, it was also very curious. There wasn’t any other feature in that portrait that resembled Tamara except for those freckles and eyes. Those two things, especially the eyes, marked the very idea of what Tamara looked like. Other than the physical aspect, both of them bore the uncanny strangeness that couldn’t be completely described. The artist had done his best work in his entire life; he had ultimately captured something that no body else had, that strange almost beautiful quality that seemed to surround both beings. That thing was nothing of the physical aspect, but something that came from within.

The dragoness and the wolf were both occupied with some other argument and their attention were no longer held by the portrait or the new arrival along with Sil.

A picture, but no words

As Celia awaited the return of Tamara the portait held her attention.

As Tamara returned, she blinked at Fantom, but said nothing. She went up to Tamara and acted as if just looking at the picture from another angle. She gave a quick glance at Tamara, but returned her attention back to the portrait.

After the picture, that would be when she pulled Tamara aside, or so she hoped. She might raise to much attention at this particular moment.

A chuckle...

Silhouette actually chuckles, as though amused by Isabella's fear.

She pulls back her hood, revealing her own inhuman face. She glances at Isabella, then leans forward to look at the picture.

Fantom sighed.. perhaps Sil could see better without the hood, but she found scaring people all to much fun.

Sil nods. "Yes, that's the one," she replies casually, then stands straight again.

Apegio

Tamara quietly sighed, her suspicions had been correct. “Thank you Sil,” she quietly murmured. Now she knew what was used for her attempted murder. Whoever who took that portrait had politely returned it once it had served it purpose. Only she didn’t know who took it and now she was stuck since her leading suspect was dead and there were no other clues. She didn’t notice how Celia seemed slightly eager to talk to her alone.

Isabella distanced herself a little away from the inviskits. It was an interesting thing watching the Lady Isabella do that. Tamara wondered and wondered some more, feeling slightly uncomfortable by the different treatment that Isabella had for those two. After all, Tamara herself came to being in a not so different way, just a different reason and process.

The door opened and the old man walked in once more. He bowed to Isabella, "M'lady, your father, Lord Apegio is here." Isabella smiled and Lizzia's eyes immediately turned cold.

"Please, let him in." Isabella said sweetly, ignoring that cold expression on her godmother's face.

"I thought he wasn't around," the woman said in a low serious voice.

"He wasn't," Isabella turned to Lizzia in an upset manner. "Why don't you like him? I know for a fact that you two knew each other and were once friends. What happened between you two?"

Lizzia scowled and crossed her arms, "Child, that's really none of your business."

A man appeared in the doorway, holding his head up proudly. His hair was graying and so was his beard, the manner of the way he dressed was something of higher class. He was in his middle ages and had starling green eyes that seemed to probe into things.

Apegio. Tamara had met him, she remembered. He wasn't a sorcerer, but he worked with Lizzia. Like Larissa, Apegio's abilities laid in that of the mind except it wasn’t telepathy. If she remembered correctly, Apegio wasn't too good with his ability. Tamara almost always deflected him whenever he tried to enter her mind. On rare occasions she would let him enter her mind, only to have him break away, quickly overwhelmed by her thoughts. Those "rare occasions" was something of a polite thing she thought she did. Apegio was insecure about his powers, always seeming to envy her, the young pupil of Lizzia who was so much more advanced than he was and a child compared to him. Tamara felt sorry for the man and decided to let him into her mind a couple of times so he would think he was improving.

He approached and smiled at Isabella, and then he embraced her. There was an odd stiff quality about that display of affection. Isabella's eyes seemed to look up to her father in a fearing and respectful manner.

"Dear father it is good of you to visit." the mother-to-be greeted with a strange amount of caution.

"I see you have other guests as well," Apegio's voice sounded as stiff as his display of affection, it lacked depth.

He turned to look at them all, he's eyes skipping over Wyndstorm, Nekoelet and Celia. They rested the most on Tamara and the inviskits, especially Tamara. But something changed in his passive expression when he found Lizzia, a return of ice from the golden haired lady who seemed to know too much.

"Hello Apegio," Lizzia greeted with a monotonous voice that had absolutely no sincerity.

"Greetings to you Lady Lizzia." Apegio's response frozed the air and returned Lizzia’s bitter front. All of a sudden there was a strange amount of tension in the room.

It was obvious to Tamara that the friendship between Lizzia and Apegio had turned sour, but she didn't know why. An awkward silence filled the room.

Leaving

Ice seemed to chill the room. Tamara noticed the air had gotten completely cold within the meeting of Lizzia and Apegio. She shifted uncomfortably onto her other leg and she waited for one of them to say something more to break that icy silence.

But neither of them moved nor say a single word more than what they had uttered earlier. Tamara frowned; there was no time for this. “Lizzia, I believe we have other places to go right now...”

“Oh do you?” Apegio said in his aloof voice that seemed slightly disturbing.

“Yes we do.” Tamara corrected. There was something about Apegio she couldn’t quite put a finger to. It was as if there was something nice and trusting about him but Lizzia’s presence prevented that impression at all.

“You gowned, Lady Tamara. Your rather quite beautiful as well, it’s a shame you scared away nearly every young man who approached you.” Apegio remarked with a smile that was unsettling. The fact was that Tamara hadn’t physically aged that much since she had last met Apegio, only Tamara wasn’t sure about that and Lizzia was. It was also a fact (and not an insult) that Tamara did earn a frightening reputation amongst the world of courtship where she held the title of “Lady” the most. Tamara would’ve blushed at that comment if Apegio’s smile wasn’t so disturbing and Lizzia’s stare wasn’t ice.

“I would hate to...waste all of your time. Perhaps we can be better acquainted next time then,” his voice was monotonous. “May I ask where you are all heading?” Lizzia didn’t speak, and Tamara wondered weather she should. She did it with a certain amount of caution, “Emeralde.”

“An interesting coincidence, I’m also headed there after this visit, may I ask why Emeralde?”

“I want to-“

”There are certain business’s to be done,” Lizzia fired her interruption just in time to stop Tamara from saying anything more. Larissa grinned slightly; Tamara had done something wrong, even though she didn’t know what she had done that was wrong.

Tamara glanced at Lizzia, there must’ve been a really good reason why Lizzia didn’t want Apegio to know the specific reasons. Whatever reason it was, Tamara didn’t know it. Besides, Apegio wasn’t all that much of a threat. Apegio was after all, a member of Emeralde’s High Counsel and it would’ve been common for him to be there. So why on earth did Lizzia expressed so much dislike towards this man? Did Apegio reflect the same thing for Lizzia, or was it so subtle she didn’t see it? There was no time for dealing with certain personal problems and right now, they needed to go.

“We really do have to go.” Tamara quickly said and looked at Lizzia to get some senses into that woman. Lizzia didn’t hesitate to move. She went to Isabella and embraced her breifly, quietly advising her to take care. Then She walked toward the door and passed Apegio without another word. Tamara blinked, perplexed. She had never seen Lizzia so cold towards anyone. She gestured the others to leave as well. “Uh..It was nice meeting you.” then she left the room as well. Isabella scowled at her father, “Why must things be like this? What on this god forsaken planet happened between you two?”

Larissa was the next to follow, she nodded politely to Isabella and Apegio before she promptly left the guest room as well.

Nekoelet and Wyndstorm had silenced themselves throughout the whole event. They looked at each other, one more perplexed than the other. :::”Human’s are so strange,”::: Wyndstorm mused in telepathy. Nekoelet affirmed silently as both of them quietly left as well.

“Lizzia!” Tamara called out as she caught up to her teacher down the halls which led out of the estate. “What was happening back there? Why were you so-“

Lizzia scolded “It’s really none of your buisness, child. Keep your mind on your studies where they should be,” and she walked briskly out of the entire building

Good.

Silhouette seemed pleased to be leaving. She walked swiftly to exit the room without the slightest word or motion of farewell.

Fantom flicked a tattered ear uncomfortably, then quickly bobbed his head in an apparent goodbye before turning to hurry after Sil.

Off we go

Celia had yet to find the right moment to pull Tamara aside. And the man coming in wasn't helping. She stayed quite giving a small nod in achnolegdement when he entered the room and as they left. As they left Celia went up to Tamra, deciding now would be best. "Tamara, when you get a chance can I talk to you alone?" The girl askes, walking along side her friend.

((I posted! Happy Friday...um right..*bounds off*))

Talk?

"Talk?" Tamara looked at her friend, curious for what she wanted to talk to her about. She nodded. Then she saw Fantom as they followed Lizzia. His appearence would not do at all. She walked back to him and stopped him as she spoke,

"Umm..excuse me...but people around here aren't use to a lot of things, so..." She took out her ring and reached into that space, then she pulled out another cloak.

"Nekoelet was going to use this, but since it didnt fit.." She handed it to him. "It'll attract less attention."

Concealment

Fantom nods an "okay" and takes the cloak, swinging it over his shoulders and pulling the hood down over her eyes, shading his face completely.

Silhouette seems reminded by this and pulls up her own hood.

((short and sweet. ;>))

When the time is right

Celia nodded, "I over heard Elizabeth and someone else talking when I got lost, but I won't say anymore right now." She glanced around, "I'll tell you more when you think it's safe to."

Moving on

Tamara walked ahead once more. When time was right. When was the time going to be right? She wanted to know what Celia overheard, but this wasn't the right place. She looked at Celia for a brief moment, what had Celia found out?

They entered to another secluded ally. Lizzia hastily opened another portal after looking around to see if anyone was looking.

"Next stop is Emeralde," she said, turning to Tamara. "You haven't been there for a long time, are you ready?"

Tamara blinked as she stepped aside to let everyone else enter before her, "what do you mean ready?"

"Emeralde might be a separate country than the rest of United Turandle, but that doesn't mean it's any better than Turandle."

Tamara felt the slow frightening uncertainty crawl up her spine. Turandle was dying. The realm had been dying for a long time, but it had been dying so long that everyone had gotten used it and it became a norm. She could feel its death desensitize her even though she hadn’t been there for years; Tamara was connected to the realm.

But what was so different now? She knew she had the ability to regenerate the realm; only it still wasn't the time. Thera had always told her she would know what to do when the time was right.

Gmph...

Another stop, Sil thinks with disgust. She turns to Fantom, who looks uneasily at the portal. "Go on," she growls.

"Is it safe, you think?"

"Yes, I do. Now go."

He nods and steps through, Sil following. Once on the other side she glances around quickly, and, seeing noone, turns and waits for the others to follow.

Following

Celia goes through the portal after Fantom and Sil. Once there she awaits the arrival of the others.

((Ack, sorry, kinda short...^^ )

Entering

The wolf looked towards his companion.

"Well we might as well follow along," Wyndstorm said gruffly. The dragoness looked at the portal and sighed, "I wish we didn't have to travel so much."

"At least they can't find us," Wyndstorm said with a faint amusment in his voice. He looked at the portal with distaste, not really enjoying the products of this thing called magic. The dragoness quickly changed back to her old form. A little girl no more, she stepped through the portal. Wyndstorm was still putting his paws through it. He was actually taking his time, unlike before. The wolf was curious of what the portal was made out of.

As soon as his paw touched it, it went right through and vanished. The wolf speculated a bit as he took his paw out. Then, realising that might've been taking too long, he quietly went though as well.

Replies:
There have been no replies.