Return to Website

Say Yes to Kevin

A place for those who adored Kiwi Kevin Smith. Rest in peace, dear man.

Say Yes to Kevin
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thank you for helping me through my teen years

We Love you Smithy!

The first time I met you was at the Vivian Street, Wellington - Shell Petrol station whilst filming for "Skits", I was only 16yrs in the car with my father and I just looked up to the car next to us and I was complete and total Heaven-without realising that we pulled in at the wrong time and disturbed a film shot. As the poor petrol station attendant was trying his best to quickly fill our car and the production team looking at my father as if they were going to attack him I just looked at you, and you politely looked over and smiled as if to say " Sweet as, don't worry bout' it" after that, affixiated as we drove out you waved a "thanks" and from that moment on I was you number one fan. Whilst other teenagers gossipped and screamed of dreams on meeting their superstars from overseas - I had one of those chance in a lifetime and that I had a moment with my teen idol in the flesh-I met my teen fantasy in reality-with adult supervision (ha).

Thanks for getting me through my teenage years.

You would have been the next "Sam Hunt" but a down-to-earth version. You are the best Smithy and I will miss you.

Thank you!