Return to Website

Say Yes to Kevin

A place for those who adored Kiwi Kevin Smith. Rest in peace, dear man.

Say Yes to Kevin
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My Hero

Oh Kevin, so many years ago I met you. I was 25, you were 26. You shook my hand and kissed my cheek … you stopped my heart and touched my soul. From that moment I was smitten, I admire and adore you. Even then, as a young man, I could see your star was beginning to rise. I’ve followed your career, and watched your successes.

Then I met you again, 10 years later and to my surprise, you remembered my name. You kissed my cheek and said hello. You treated me like an old friend, not someone you had only met once before. You stopped my heart and touched my soul once again.

So beautiful, stunningly handsome; so beautiful, but beautiful on the inside as well as on the outside. You seem to be almost completely unaware of your own beauty, and bemused (or amused?) by other’s perception of your physical presence.

And so talented. A talented actor, singer, comedian. Such a sense of humour and so quick witted. Kevin, I loved to see you on The Panel, just being you, no characters to play, just a sense of the true you. With a sharp line, a flash of that huge smile, a twinkle in your eyes and that trademark quick raise of the eyebrow. So cheeky, so funny! Just like the “old days” at Kitty O’Briens.

So loved by your family, your friends, your colleagues, your fans. You touched the lives of millions Kevin, you made a difference in people’s lives. In so many interviews I’ve read, you speak with such love about your beautiful wife and wonderful boys … you obviously adore them so very much. Never too busy to help a worthwhile charity, you are a kind, caring man. You are the consummate “Kiwi Bloke”, a gorgeous man who loves his family, is funny and talented, intelligent and sensitive.

I’ve cried an ocean of tears and I only met you in person twice. Your wife and children, your family, your close friends … they must be inconsolable. My sincere condolences to them all, my thoughts are with them. And a huge thank you to Sue and the boys for sharing Kevin with the rest of the world, throughout his career.

I can’t believe you’re gone Kev; too young and with so much to still look forward to. This definitely proves that only the good die young. For a long time you have been my hero, Kevin, and for all time you will remain my hero. Your star has stopped rising now, at it’s highest point, the brightest star in the night sky. You will be greatly missed and always remembered with love and admiration. I hope that in some other lifetime, I’ll be lucky enough to have you kiss my cheek and say hello … to stop my heart and touch my soul. Safe journey, dear one.