Return to Website

Say Yes to Kevin

A place for those who adored Kiwi Kevin Smith. Rest in peace, dear man.

Say Yes to Kevin
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Goodbye my friend

Hi I heard Kevin Died like a month ago and i can't figure so how he died I hope it wasn't pianful but anyway i was always a fan. Well i got to go sorry about your Loss Tanja

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

20/3/02 Seattle, Washington, USA.

I found out today I can't believe it happened a month ago & I had no idea. I can't believe Kev's gone at 38.

I met Kev & we became friends when he was playing understudy to Pat Urlich & bodyguard in 'Are you Lonesome tonight' the Elvis production. We didn't know each other long, but he made a lasting impression on me, as he did with everyone who were lucky enough to know him. There were many nights with the cast partying at the 'Cock & Bull' bar on Willis St in Wellington were I worked at the time. He always missed Sue and called her daily. I believe Sue was/is his best friend & soulmate.

Gosh, the 'Cock & Bull', that was 14 years ago now. I have watched his success very proudly over the years. It was something obvious. He had an honest magnetism about him that made everyone want to be in his presence. He made you feel so good & at ease.

More than fun, more than talented, much, much more than 'that gorgeous man'. I don't think he ever realised that his success was achieved each day that he was just being himself. That was his greatest gift to the world.

I pray for his family & friends and know that he is fine, watching over them and probably saying "Oh come on guys! Get on with it, I'm fine. Sorry about the early exit but have one on me. Hell, have a several! I'll always be around when you think of me. Love ya, always."

Love ya too Kev, all the best mate, til next time, goodbye my friend.

Pip XO