Return to Website

Speakerbuilder.net

Welcome to the Speakerbuilder.net discussion forum. While being polite and respectful is not common on the internet, please try not to flame people who don't deserve it. Otherwise, go nuts.

Speakerbuilder.net
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
m
Marcel
looking for visaton vox clone
Hi, Looking for a speaker design like the visaton vox series. Really like this design;high tower with a small front and a bass-driver at the side; The visaton speakers are way over my budget. Only one I could find was the monacor prodomo:http://www.lautsprech...
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 18, 2005 5:41pm
by Marcel
m
Matt J
Building Crossover
This would be my first speaker building experience. I am wanting to build a 3-way floorstanding speaker with the following: Adire AV5 Adire Extremis 6.8 Peerless 812978 1" tweeter I was wondering if someone could help me with making a proper crossover for thi...
Views: 307   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 13, 2005 10:34am
by Matt J
p
Paul L
Dayton III crossover and driver connection advice?
Good evening, I have got parts ordered for a set of Dayton IIIs (my first speaker project) and I have a question or two about constructing and connecting the crossovers and drivers... Since the hi- and low-pass sections of the crossover are shown separately fro...
Views: 341   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 8, 2005 2:03am
by Paul L
r
Rich_S
"Good" speakers for office
I'm looking for a good set of speakers for a small office, 12' x 13'. I'll be playing mostly classic rock, blues, electric folk, a little bit of classical. I'm a musician/music lover as opposed to an audiophile - meaning I appreciate good sound but "good" is good e...
Views: 281   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 7, 2005 4:04pm
by D Kelly
k
Ken C
Which version Dayton Silk Tweeter in DBP?
Anyone know exactly which version of the Silk tweeter the crossover in the DBP is based upon?
Views: 215   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 3, 2005 8:44am
by PLWhitehead
Perspex speaker enclosure
Will it be possible to build the Eros DIY system with Perspex enclosures any suggestions?
Views: 249   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 2, 2005 6:20pm
by Dkelly
o
Oggy
Any Eros builders in Ontatio Canada?
I am considering building a set of Eros and was wondering if there is anyone in the Windsor to Toronto corridor that has built a set I could listen to. I would be greatful to anyone generous enough to let me listen to their speakers. thank you, Paul
Views: 287   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 21, 2005 1:06pm
by jeff
Eros 2 Crossover
Has anyone got pictures of their completed eros 2 crossover they could send out...My constructuion is completed however I am better with woodwork than electronics and a visual would help me out..douglasbrown@shaw.ca
Views: 549   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 28, 2005 10:29pm
by Doug Brown
t
Terry
Lyra speakers
I recently built a pair of Lyra speakers.(They sound GREAT!) I noticed that one of the drivers could handle 50 watts RMS. Might this be a problem with an amp that is capable of 70 watts RMS?
Views: 488   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 27, 2005 11:10am
by d kelly
The Best Health
This is for you! The Best Health
Views: 229   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 26, 2005 11:24am
by seilormoon
d
D. Ko
eros enclosures
any problem with making the enclosure front baffles out of 3/4" MDF and then using 1" MDF for the rest of the enclosure...the net loss of thickness would only be 1/4" and be much less labor intensive...i am wondering if the sonic quality would be comparable...dko
Views: 533   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 26, 2005 11:10am
by D. Ko
j
James
Stuffing speakerbox and internal volume
I am about to venture to build my first set of speakers. Not sure which yet but had a question regarding the stuffing wool stuff. When a internal volume is defined for a type of speakers and a box can be built as long as internal volume is what is stated, when you...
Views: 442   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 18, 2005 12:10pm
by d kelly
b
BobB
Another question on Lyra xover
I should have asked this question on my first post about the Lyra/xover/inductors. There is a 60uf cap shown on the low pass. Should I use a 60 npe or go for a combination of 60 with a higher quality cap. I have only built one pair of diy speakers. I would really lik...
Views: 279   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 13, 2005 12:15pm
by D Kelly
b
BobB
Lyra Crossover
I am gathering parts for Wayne J's Lyra project. Would it be ok to use the Jantzen 15 gauge air core inductors in place of the 16 gauge on the crossover? Same value of course. Thanks All.
Views: 411   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 12, 2005 10:27am
by D Kelly
a
Ace
What are good speakers to use with this box??
Hey i have 2 towers that im looking to put new speakers into. How hard would this be and what type of speakers are best to put in these towers? Im looking for speakers that do superior audio for music as well as superior audio for movies. The box has 1 tweeter 1 4...
Views: 295   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 11, 2005 11:18pm
by Ace
j
J
Dayton 8's Project
This will be my first project and the construction of the speaker is not well documented. The link is located http://www.wadsnet.com/~dtenney/dayton_8MTM.htm Can anyone help me figure this project out? I need to know how to construct the cabinet and also the speak...
Views: 407   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 6, 2005 6:15pm
by marty h
modify Spendor S3/5 add damping
I like my Spendor S3/5 speakers except for the cabinet, which rings like a bell. I've tried some simple tweaks like placing a bag of lead shot on top. I would like to try a more dramatic tweak, and I was wondering if anyone has ever tried something similar. Basica...
Views: 230   Replies: 5
Last Post: Oct 5, 2005 12:51pm
by mike
Need a Cabinet Builder
I lost my woodshop space in my last move, so i need to pay someone to build some cabinets for my Seas Excel / Hiquphon 3-way. I have the basic design done, but am open to suggestions. I am not particularly picky about fine finish details. i would be very grateful...
Views: 276   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 3, 2005 9:14pm
by GuyWithoutWoodsh...
Eros port location
I am building the Eros speakers and do not have the ideal place to put them for the best sound. They will be close to a wall which might cause the base response to not be ideal. My Question is: Can I place the port in the front baffel instead of in the back as th...
Views: 363   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 1, 2005 9:50pm
by Richard White
Captain, we are detecting faint life signs from the Rev!
For the first time in a year and a half, the home page for Speakerbuilder.net has changed! Rev? Is that you? Cheers, jIyajbe
Views: 534   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 28, 2005 6:11pm
by Bruce Thomas
Microphone Calibration
Are there are any methods for calibrating a microphone? I'm not looking forward to spending money mainly because I don't have any. I made a DIY microphone out of an electret element; although the electret isn't the Panasonic brand that every DIY webpage recommends. I...
Views: 210   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 23, 2005 9:51pm
by Matthew
celestion sl-700,woofer upgrade
does anyone have ideas on better woofers for sl-700's?they can't take the low end when watching movies,6" drivers,7" diagonal from screw hole to screw hole,can anyone help?
Views: 179   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 20, 2005 3:11pm
by David Martins
eros enclosures
for the enclosures there have been two approaches 1) 3/4"mdf bonded with 1/2" plywood; or 2) 2 layers of 3/4" mdf bonded together - can you tell me the pros and cons of each method suggested?
Views: 399   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 18, 2005 11:38am
by dko
Eros MK2 x-over question
What is the function of C12 and R13 in the series x-over? Is this impedance correction? If so, what does removal mean?
Views: 330   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 18, 2005 4:28am
by Ramon Philippo
1 2 3
Free Forum powered by Bravenet