UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Open Road-Windy Daze

I've been interested in this early 70s album because of their connection with Donovan,can anyone tell me if its any good and worth buying if i can find it?This is their second album after the one they recorded with Donovan,which i have NEVER heard either,any comments to be made on that one too??Thank you.

Re: Open Road-Windy Daze

Wallace gots it on vinyl.

Good'un, Jimmeh.

(But Windy Corner band is bettah.)

I like the Donovan/Open Road album. I think it's got a very cool seventies vibe and I'd recommend it.

Hi Joe,got to hear a few tracks from "Windy Daze"album on you-tube,it sounds pretty good to me,sorta soft acoustic with an electric accompaniment folky sound......hard to really give a exact description,and a big surprise to me i found a copy of the cd for under a tenner,as for Donovan/Open Road album,again i heard a few tracks on you-tube and i agree it sounds a fine album,so i've made myself skint again,oredered a copy for 7 quid,released on cd by Repertoire!!Looking forward to receiving those.Thanks for the feedback guys!!

I think you'll like the Donovan/Open Road, Stu...

I see this excellent album has become extremely expensive on ebay and amazon, so, for your listening pleasure for research and educational purposes, here's a link to it:

http://rockasteria.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/open-road-windy-daze-1971-72-uk.html

This Japanese rerelease includes 2 bonus tracks - their one and only single.

COPYRIGHT STATEMENT: This audio/video is not being used to make money in any way and is for entertainment and leisure purposes only. This is an act of fair usage as described by the Copyright Offices, therefore, a dispute should not occur over this audio/video. No copyright intended. This is strictly for non-profit and educational purposes only. All rights belong to the original owners and content creators of this material.
Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use. It is not to be used for copying and selling. No copyright infringement intended.

I like them, and the Lanzon and Husband LP too

Open Road should have recorded a second album , titled Children of the Sun

There were more details on this site http://www.chapteronerecords.com/ now pretty dead