UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best UK complation albums

All, can you name a few decent psychedelia albums as I want to experience different artists , Thanks

Re: Best UK complation albums

You could start with The Perfumed Garden, Chocolate Soup For Diabetics and Rubble series which are all available as 5 or more cd comps.
They contain just about all the essential UK psych tracks you need. There will be some doubling up of course.

Thank You so much, I just want to increase my education, I am playing Psychedelia : A 50 Year Trip to death

I suggest
'Let's Go Down and Blow Our Minds - The British Psychedelic Sounds Of 1967' Box set [3 CDs]. about £16 on amazon including P&P.

Get Me Home For Tea: Rare Psychedelic Rock From The U.K.
A bit pricey, so listen on youtube -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__FWjTIaDF0&list=PL-6fdmha2mWkTHPuyQZFGqKfwjTLvYn4H

I would endorse the titles already suggested the 20 cd / LP Rubble series is still the definitive article in terms of compilations. Others you might want to investigate once you've gone through those are:

Circus Days (compiled by Phil Smee who did the Rubble series) Vols.1-6 (cd box set)

Electric Sound Show 5 CD box set - From the compilers of the vinyl only Incredible Sound Show Stories series. These are later 60s into early 70s stuff psych into prog psyche and very good quality

Psychedelia - 5 cd box set - Originally a 4 LP set (an extra disc was added for the CD box). A lot more British psyche and late 60s singles and re-mastered to a noticeable extent form the original CD issues more than a decade ago.

These should all be readily available on Amazon or eBay.

PM

And if you are feeling adventurous, why not check out the 1980s UK psych revival / continuum in:

'Another Splash of Colour: new psychedelia in Britain 1980-85' 3 cd box set

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Another-Splash-Colour-Psychedelia-1980-1985/dp/B01AWF28O8/ref=sr_1_4?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1503563054&sr=1-4&keywords=psychedelic+cd+box+set

PM

one of my favs is MARMALADE SKIES-3 cd's for £4 plus p&p from amazon is one of my favs

Thank you all for taking time out, since my post I have purchased a couple of your recommendations , I am on the start of a very expensive but wonderful journey...Thank You again