Rob's WD16H and Big4 Forum

One of first 500 of contract C14498 with leg shields

Rob's WD16H and Big4 Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dynamo / Regulator: need some help

Hi Heiko, Paul Goff is the person a lot of people use for electrical parts and upgrades. Here's his website

http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com/

This might help !!!
I came across a Lucas 6v regulator on ebay.. its a repro item sold by Heritage M/Cycles Dorset... Just ebay search on "lucas 6v regulator"

Hello Heiko,

Maybe a bit late but Hans Beck in Delft, Holland sells good regulators to use with gel batteries. His addres is on the links page of the website.
http://www.beckelektronika.nl/

Cheers,

Rob

Heiko
Hello,

preparing my WD16H for MOT and re registration I still struggle with the electrics.
Can anyone tell me where to get a good (plug and play) electronic regulator for the lucas dynamo.
As I have a battery case with an acid battery inside I think about replacing it with a dry battery. Maybe I have to consider this when replacing the regulator

Thanks for your help

Heiko

Just to let you know that I fixed this issue, but beware: it's not contemporary:
I got a regulator from a company called Laubersheimer ( www.laubtec.de, 85.-€ ) The regulator, nice Aluminium block, is actually "plug and play ", fits in the Lucas housing and has the advantage that the voltage output can be adjusted ( if ever you use NI-Cd or Ni-Mh you need a higher Voltage )
As batteries I used 2X 6V - 4Ah sealed lead gel Akku, parallel providing 8Ah in total and being the perfect fit in the battery rubber box. Price each is 6,05€ and available via Amazon.
To avoid overstressing the dynamo when driving in daylight with lights on I installed a LED pilot bulb - as used on bicycles - in my headlamp. This is close to the brightness of the 25W original bulb.

Thanks to all for your help!
Heiko