Rob's WD16H and Big4 Forum

One of first 500 of contract C14498 with leg shields

Rob's WD16H and Big4 Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Normandy 2014

Hi All
Just thought I'd post a reminder for all you Norton owners out there that there is another great gathering in Normandy June 2014 so get your Nortons sorted and get them over there.
For more info check out the BSA M20 website and lets see how many Nortons we can gather ( hopefully more than in 2009

That is all J.

Re: Normandy 2014

I think that we can bank on more Jeremy. We should wait on the record attempt until all those M20s are flat out, bang the 16Hs into top and go flying past.

It would certainly be nice if we could get all the Nortons together at some point.

Yes, I'm up for that. A WD Norton record

Count me in too :-)
TTFN
Ian

And me to !
Cheers,
Bram

No reason for posting, other than to bump the thread and to mention that I'm really looking forward to it.

The oddly mild weather here in NW Europe is at least letting me 'keep my eye in' on the 16H but I can't wait to do it en-masse again.

photo 18012014b_zps83e9b9d2.jpg

Mine is running well, but I need to fit the pillion seat for the missus. Have you lot booked on the Bayeux parade? When I did, Rob Miller said mine was the only Norton booked on that run...! I hope that's changed now..?

I'm certainly booked for Bayeux and I believe that Rob vdB is too. Are you bringing the missus ? In 1944 they relied on local talent !

Yes mate, I want my bacon and egg toasties cooked fore me in the morning :-)

Have I missed something here ? how can I book onto the Bayeux event ? and what day is it happening ?

Jeremy, it's Sunday 8th June and is an MVT event to which the British and Commonwealth motorcycles have been invited.

You need to mail Rob Miller.

Details are on the M20 forum:-

http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/static/show.php?usernum=3155626639&frmid=9172&msgid=1294567&cmd=show

Yaay ! am booked on event

Do you think that there would be any support for asking that all the Nortons be placed together on that parade ?

...It would be nice to drown out all those short-stroke engines from the lesser machinery

I suppose if we manage to congregate together of our own accord it would be ok it would be nice to hear all those unaproachables together

I'll be there with my 16H. I stay at the camping site in Etreham.
Looking forward to see all of you on your Nortons!.

Henrie

This is just a quick heads up for all you taking your lovely Nortons to France in June , it turns out that the UK MOD wants us to register ourselves and vehicles with them !!! please have a look at the BSA M20 website forum for more details and link to MOD.
I'm not sure if or how this may affect our European friends and personally I think its B*llsh*t but I have filled in the form as it costs nothing and may avoid problems in Normandy as there is talk of an exclusion zone around the coastal area around 5th/8th June.

Regards Jeremy.

Update
If you hav'nt already registered with the MOD there is now up and running a French website to do so, see the M20 website for details.

That is all J.

I'm booked in too... Really looking forward to it despite all the forum notes predicting road disruptions !! makes it all the more fun !

I am looking for a set of rear footrests for the trip.. If anyone is looking to sell a set.. without rubbers, pls let me know.

MRP

Not long to go now folks I hope to see all those luvly Nortons out there showing all how its done :-) its been a bit of a mad panic with my mates Jeep thing playing up but its sorted now so all is well.

Yes, see you all there