Rob's WD16H and Big4 Forum

One of first 500 of contract C14498 with leg shields

Rob's WD16H and Big4 Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Help Identify Big 4

The Big 4 front mudguard does change the look but apart from that and the engine, it seems to be all 16H to me. Wheel rims could be 18" but these were also fitted to some (RAF, I believe) 16H sidecar outfits.

You've got a pretty complete machine there, leaving you the choice of a full restoration or a 'tidy-up' and recommissioning.

Feel free to post pictures of the parts and I'll do my best to help with identification.

The Big 4 engines are harder to find parts for than the 16H (far fewer made and a shorter period in service).

Thank You again Rik,

The Big 4 front mud guard and 4.00 18 tires had me fooled as a novice. I'm hoping that I can get away with just cleaning it up, new tires, and fresh fluids. First I need to figure out why the kickstart lever will not return.

I will be sure to post pics of the spares as I seperate them and i'm sure I will have several more questions needing answer.

James

Hello James,

May I add your MC particulars to the website?

I would be pleased if you could send pictures of both frame and engine numbers.

Cheers,

Rob

Please use the e-mail adress given.

Hi Rob,

Yes, you can definitely add the particulars to the website.

I will need to clean the frame a bit to make the frame number a bit easier to read but I will get some pics over to you as soon as I get this done.

Thanks,
James

Perhaps a broken return spring? Mine came with two spare springs. Apparently that was about the only thing that ever went wrong with it.