Rob's WD16H and Big4 Forum

One of first 500 of contract C14498 with leg shields

Rob's WD16H and Big4 Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wd 16 H

Thanks for that Rik . They are the steel pegs mine are slightly bent but an auto jumbled friend of mine Has four sets nos All boxed and about 10 pairs loose all nos
regards Ted

Civilian hangers are longer - WD bikes had the shortened trials type (as the arm points backwards, a shorter version means that the rest is further forwards).

Could it be that you have one of each ? I think they're about an inch different though...not really 'slightly'.

There is a difference of 31mm between the hole centres on the two types of hangers.

photo DSC_0004_zpsqehism9o.jpg

Ted, if your contact has any of the longer civilian type I would appreciate details as I need one to make up a pair. The shorter WD type seem to require contortionist effort to effectively apply brake pressure, certainly for my size elevens.

I find it is possible to rectify bent ones with a lot of heat and brute force, the longer one was a good 20º out of alignment originally. Still needs a slight tweak but nearly there.

Hello Pete . They are definitely the shorter Wd Type at least the loose one's
anyway ! he does have a vast stock of nos Parts bsa norton triumph ect next time i go over i will ask if he has the longer type for you
regards Ted