Rob's WD16H and Big4 Forum

One of first 500 of contract C14498 with leg shields

Rob's WD16H and Big4 Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wd Norton 16H magneto sprocket removal

Horror's method is the official one - there is a drawing in the M&I manual available for download on this site.

The lever is not used against the casing but back on itself with the cam spindle as fulcrum point.

http://www.wdnorton.nl/Downloads/16h%20M&I%20manual%20200dpi%20by%20courtesy%20of.pdf

hope the poster does not mind me asking this question ,re my question 16h over heating .

the answers were that it could possibly be retarded .
would some one post up a idiot guide/simplified answer on how once the mag sprocket is removed you set the timing ,i think ive got the jist of it but just to make sure ive got it right .
the bike starts easy and idles well, however on fully advanced it still feels as if it needs advancing further even with the advance / retard level fully advanced ,which makes me think that the timing cam is slightly out and the points are starting to open to soon or to late.

thanks all

As Rik points out in this thread the Maintenance and Instruction manual is available for free download on this site. It goes into describing how to do the ignition timing in detail.

Keith H
As Rik points out in this thread the Maintenance and Instruction manual is available for free download on this site. It goes into describing how to do the ignition timing in detail.

cheers keith
bit of a internet numpty wheres that download mate

[quote

cheers keith
bit of a internet numpty wheres that download mate[/quote]
On website main front page press the blue download word, take it from there