Our Spiritual Guest Book

Please feel free to sign and give your feedback on our websites by clicking post 

The Lantern of Light Guest Book
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Can u help me

--------------------------------

In my work I have encountered a great many sceptics. I have found myself defending the job I do to countless people, some of whom had actually formed cotent and valid arguments for their position. Sadly there are a great many sceptics who are only sceptical because they do not understand the spiritual world. And who can blame them? There is a lot of 'airy fairy' nonsense attached to psychic work, and even from a medium's point of view it is easy to see how people can find the whole thing a bit far fetched.

The proliferation of television shows, films and fictional books concerning the paranormal has meant that the definitions of what a spirit actually is have been grossly exaggerated to the point of ludicrousness. Over the years I have encountered some pretty hair-raising situations but I have never been 'slimed'. Nor have I ever summoned the Devil. It is only common sense to recognise that dramatic works of fiction must contain hyper-realistic situations in order to satisfy and audience. They are NOT, and nor, would I assume, are they intended to be, an accurate and honest representation of the subject matter. On one occasion I had a lady call me to cancel a visit to her haunted home! because she had watched 'Scariest Places On Earth' the night before and was terrified I might unleash a poltergeist in her house! In reality she would have probably just received a 'Hello' from Grandma Maude!

Terminology is a source of bafflement too, what exactly is 'residual energy'? Come to think of it, what exactly do you mean by 'energy'? Don't even get me started on Fairies and Angels. Well actually, the terminology is probably the biggest hurdle. Lets look at that word 'Energy'. For those scientifically minded folk amongst you, energy is of course a quantifiable force measured in joules. In scientific fields energy can even exist in potentia, and of course we all know that E=MC2, right? When a medium talks about energy, he is referring to the atmosphere generated by the partcular spirit of the time. In life, you know when someone is in a mood or not, you can just feel it. Well that is what we mean by energy. I use the word energy because it is a better word than 'vibes'. A building, a walking stick, a person, an animal, even a football field can all generate their own atmosphere. If you have ever walked in to a house and felt ill at ease for no apparent reason it is most probable that you have picked up on the energy of the building, you are feeling the emotions of many many years which is still as potent as it was in its day. In this sense, the energy therefore is very much 'residual', i.e. it is a product which remains long after the solution (in this case, life itself) has ceased to be, a bit like the white residue left behind after you have given the bath a good scrub! The term 'Medium' is also losing its definition. A medium, in any area of life be it science, cookery or writing etc, is a means of transferring data. A writer uses a pen to channel his thoughts to the paper, a scientist would use copper in order to transfer an electric charge from its source to its destination, and a psychic medium simply passes on the words of spirit beings to their target. So think of a medium as a human radio.

Fairies, Gnomes, Angels and all manner of fantastically named entities exist also. A Fairy is simply a nature spirit and as soon as you get over the fact that it is called a Fairy you will be fine. Call them something else if you like, they are only words after all. We should be careful not to understand the world simply in terms of its language, rather we should look beyond the words to understand more about their subjects. I still think its odd to call an orange an orange, how on earth can you eat a colour? Isn't colour an abstract thing, and not a tangible solid object? Wierd! Gnomes are earth spirits, they inhabit rocks, earth, piles of leaves, old trees and many other places. They do not, however, wear pointy hats and carry fishing rods from toadstool to toadstool. Nor do Angels sit on a cloud playing the harp. Likewise, a Salamander, which is a fire spirit, does not slither about on all fours eating flies. In addition to Gnomes and Salamanders there are two other types of nature spirit. There are the Sylphs, which are air spirits and there are Undines, which are water spirits. What do they look like? I am of the belief that they look like whatever your brain can cope with when it sees one. That is to say, seeing something which we do not understand or recognise causes our brains to apply a suitably easy to grasp overlay to the whole thing, and because of cultural influences you will see Fairies with wings, gnomes with hats on and Angels with halos. That's fine though, that's great in fact, Once you can see these beings you're on the way to a better relationship with the world you live in.

Another difficult aspect of this, is the understanding that not all spirits ar

This I loved! I only clicked on as I have just found this site but the reply!!!......you may as well have read my mind. I won't get onto that subject either.
Wishing you abundance

Is this still happening?
Can you take a ring?