Hasbrouck Heights High School

Classes of 54 & 55

Hasbrouck Heights High School
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
update from Shai

Got this today from our guy and wanted to pass it on. Keep him in our prayers as well as all of us old FOLK.
hi all,

i do believe that this is my 3rd account of my observation of the war. as most of you know i missed the 1st five day of the conflict as i was in kenya climbing (trekking up) mt. kenya. i arrived home to my 4th war in israel, although we felt quite safe on ginosar as no rockets or missiles had lasted nearby.

nobody feels like doing much travelling & people only go to tiberias or elsewhere if they have to for some errand or for work. personally, it took me over a week to move from my nice safe home on the kibbutz & i only ventured to tiberias as a had to take care of something concerning our car.

of course, we hear lots of airplanes & helicopters flying overhead either flying north to lebanon or flying south returning to their airbase. occassionally i hear booms, thumps or blasts, mostly from the north. sometimes i hear the warning siren; again usually from the north, but sometimes from tiberias. sometimes the boom is very loud, which i assume means that the rocket or missile has landed withih a few miles of here. they
are targeting tiberias & rosh pina (north of us), so sometimes a stray lands in our vicinity.

last wednesday they shot over 200 at israel & i heard many, many loud booms, so stuff had to have crashed in our area, but none on the kibbutz. so, we continue to feel quite save here & we hope that this situation continues. today is nice & quiet so i hope that means it will stay quiet & we'll have a peaceful shabbat.

peace to all.

shai schwartz