Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Posts for February 2008

Hello dear friends {smile}

I see it has been quiet so thought I would start this string so that posts can be left here for this month - that is for those who want to leave a post! {smile} Everything has been fairly quiet here though I have been focusing on some esoteric astrology writings and am now in the process of creating some more pages.

I hope that {{all}} are well... and wondering how the kitchen work went on {{elfina}}? Hope all is well with you.

Time to go and feed the wolfpack... so leaving a {{warm hug}} to {{all}} who may enter...

love always

mermaid...xxx

Re: Posts for February 2008

{{elfina}}} thought I would leave another message here for you as I saw you made it here and have left a message in the other string to say to carry on posting in this string (for February). Once we get to March then we can start a new string for March... the format is different here yet we have got used to different ones before haven;t we? {smile}

It is very strange with the missing mermaid messages yet I somehow think if they have been deleted then they are lost forever so as to speak... yet that was then and this is now so we can only go forward can#'t we? Must admit it was a bit of a shock when I first saw that they were missing yet there is no point in getting upset or anything - I was just puzzled. If Tripod needed the space then they could just have deleted pages from way back. I suppose that it could have been someone with a grudge hacking into it and deleting the mermaid posts though it would have taken them forever to do! {smile} I guess it will be a mystery that probably will never get solved.

Lovely to hear your kitchen is now all done and will look forward to seeing pics when you have time. I have set this board up so that you can put pics in by the way. {Smile}

Time to go feed to wolfpack again - I just looked in as I needed to sit down and rest the back for a little while. I have been working out in the garden all day today as the weather has been glorious though now am beginning to pay the price for that! {chuckle}

Hope all is well with you dear friend and sending love and {{{hugs}} across the sea.

mermaid...xxx

Mermaid,
Pat is playing golf this afternoon. I hope he has a good game but something tells me he is going to be frustrated as it is really windy today. I am about to do some painting in a few minutes. I enjoy painting on his golf days, no interuptions.
I am painting a Tinkerbell suitcase today for a foster child. My club paints suitcases for children who are taken from their homes for various reasons. It is rewarding to know my painting is helping a child start a new life. Most of these children have been abused in someway or have parents who cannot cope with their own lives let alone a childs.

Re: Posts for February 2008 London Trip (1)

Hello again {Smile}

I thought I would put the post in about our weekend trip to London for Paul’s birthday last month so here it is and hope you enjoy {smile}. Babs came as well and also Penny (Paul’s sister) and her husband Bob. I will do this in two posts as it might be easier.

We left on Friday afternoon and caught the train from Colchester to London. We always stay at the Naval Club in Mayfair which is such a boon as it is right in the heart of London.

Naval Club

Paul has been a member for many years so it means that we can have a room at a reasonable price and it is also very comfortable there {Smile} We did have a bi of a hiccup on Thursday as we intended to eat dinner at the club on the Friday night and then go to Zilli’s for dinner after the theatre on the Saturn then we found out that the Dining Room was being used for a private function (Burn’s Night) so we couldn’t use it on the Friday night. We thought we would go for a chinese meal and ffter searching on Google we found the following restaurant:: Kai’s of Mayfair so we gave them a call and booked a table.

Once we arrived at the Naval club then we had a little time before Babs arrived. Penny and Bob arrived a little later. They all had a drink in the bar and were eating with friends at another place on the Friday. Babs was with us for dinner so we walked round to kai’s. Well it was an amazing experience. The food was out of this world as was the service… you can just say it was an experience never to be forgotten! {Smiling} Here is their actual web site

Kai’s of Mayfair

One of the starters (which I had of course!) was called ~Mermaids in the Mist~ ! {smile} We were thinking of going down to London again to see a show for a birthday treat for me and we will definitely go back to this restaurant though we will have to book about three to four weeks ahead. The only reason we got in there (we found out later) was that someone had cancelled about 5 minutes before Paul rang on the Thursday. Talk about the Universe providing! {chuckle}

Cont/…

Re: Posts for February 2008 London Trip 2

Cont/…

On the Saturday we took the River boat service down to Greenwich Maritime which is a World Heritage site as Paul wanted to go to the Maritime Museum. I think we have been to so many maritime museums around the world yet had never been to this one!

The river boat service is great fun and saves being stuck in traffic in taxis – the London traffic is dreadful so you only use taxis for short trips. Here is the web site for the river boats….

thames Clippers

Here is the web site for the National Maritime Museum

Maritime Museum

and the main one for Maritime Greenwich

Maritime Greenwich 1

Maritime Greenwich 2

You can have some fun looking around the different sites. Ihave done them so they open in a new tab/window – hopefully they will work ok {smile}

The show was fantastic.. we went to see Fiddler on the Roof at the Savoy Theatre in the Strand. I would go and see that again – everyone loved it and said that they would go and see it again too. It was voted one of our favourites! {smile} Unfortunately it is only running for a few more weeks so I am so glad that we decided to go and see it. Here is the site for the theatre

Savoy Theatre

We then went onto Zilli’s after the show for dinner and had a lovely meal to finish the evening, finally getting back to the Naval Club at 1.30am! {Smile} Aldo Zilli is a wonderful chef and he has also written some fantastic cookery books as well. Here is his web site {smile}

Zilli’s

We had Les come and pick us upon on the Sunday morning as there was no proper train service running so that was lovely as we were back home by 12 noon. The girls had managed very well and we then had a very lazy afternoon just recovering! {smile}

Well that was the weekend in London in a nutshell so as to speak.. hope you enjoyed the read and also seeing the different sites.

Love always

Mermaid…xxx

{{elfina}} aww that sounds wonderful painting the suitcases and you are such a talented and gifted artist that I know they will be beautiful and any child will treasure them. I have not heard of the Tinkerbell cases before yet what a beautiful idea. Hope that you managed to have a nice undisturbed time whislt Pat was playing golf and that also he won so he wouldn’t come home grumpy! {grin}

Heading off to Neptune land now and leaving a {{{warm hug}}} to you dear {{elfina}}} and hoping that {{all}} are well.

Love always

Mermaid…xxx

Well, managed to find you Ok!
How thrilling to be in London-I would like to spend lots of time at the various museums-it would be wonderful.
These days, not possible-oh to have the finabce that we have now, when we were fit and young !Well, I can think about it !!
Life as ever continues-drs visits,some shopping,reading and puter.Quite enough for a couple of elder folk--and wise with it.
Dogs are well-who would come near our house with 3 dogs barking and yapping their heads off!! Even the cricker team members kn ock on the front door-very wise !

Had a very cool spot of weather , now it is getting warm again-just would like a little of all the rain north Queensland is getting !!

Kermie, can you not get your eyes seen to ? We have both had both eyes down and cararacts removed-we can see !
Do hope you improve your health,and a bark from our clan to Bobby !!

love Maggy

{{maggy}} lovely to see you found it here. The other board was having so many problems I thought it best to use this one {smile} Am right in the middle of cooking dinner yet wanted to leave a birthday post for dear Sarah and have just seen your message. Will pop back later to write up a longer post… til then

love and {{{hugs}}}

mermaid…xxx

Hello Mermaid,
I tried to leave a birthday message for Sarah in the Pisces birthday string but it didn't take. I don't know what I am doing wrong. Perhaps Ill try again later. Until then I hope you wake up tomorrow to a wonderful day for your Birthday. Be back then.

{{elfina}}} It is there and looks lovely! {smiling}

love always
mermaid xxx

Good Sunday Morning, Well it is Sunday morning in my part of the world.
I have been having a very lazy weekend as Pat has the flu bug and is in bed. We had some nice plans for the weekend but all had to be cancelled including his golf game tomorrow. Oh well every day can't be wonderful. He got sick on Friday and yesterday was down for the count. He got up for breakfast today but has gone right back to bed so I'll just have another lazy day. I even slept in the guest room last night as I didn't want to catch this bug. John left yesterday morning to visit friends just north of here for a few weeks. He didn't want to stay around and get sick. I don't blame him.

The birthday rooms look so pretty with all the lovely pictures. I am wondering if Kermit will find us before his birthday. I know he sometimes has trouble reading the little box below.

Mermaid did you get the pictures of my kitchen and lanai that I sent by e mail. They are not very good pictures but you get the idea. I don't want to post them online.

1 2