Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
February 2008 posts (2nd part)

Starting a new string off here as I can't seem to post in the other one and not sure if there is a limit on the number of posts in each string.....

Hello dear friends {smile}

I thought I would just pop in as today is the last day before Babs leaves to return home. Paul is off to London to be a witness at a hearing in the High Court and then he won’t be back until Friday evening so I am going to have a bit of time to myself this week. Clive and Sarah are coming to stay though they won’t be here until Thursday evening which should give me some time to be able to sit and catch up on my writings which will be great! {smile}

I did have a lovely birthday weekend…. It was nice and lazy and on Saturday night we went out to dinner at our favourite Italian eaterie and the kids were there as well. I must admit I was a bit wrecked yesterday as didn’t get to bed until 2am so last night I was in Neptune land by 9.34pm! {chuckle} Am feeling a whole lot caught up on sleep now I must admit. {smile}

I did have some lovely presents, one of which is a wide screen LCD computer monitor which is taking some getting used to after my little one which I used to peer away at! {smile} This is lovely though it feels like one of those huge plasma tv screens after the other one I must admit! {chuckle}

I also got some lovely CD’s and DVD’s (which were on my wish list and also dw wonderful book on Esoteric astrology by douglas Baker… this is brilliant so I must start collecting his other books as he writes in such an easy to follow way!

Was interesting on Friday as I was reading some emails and then happened to look up and what should I see but a huge dog fox walking along the fence line between the garden and the top paddock. I thought I was seeing things and then he stopped and looked right at me then continued his leisurely walk! I got up from my desk and dashed through to the kitchen to tell Babs what had happened and Paul was already up. I said “You’ll never guess what I have just seen!” and he replied “A fox” – he had seen it from the bathroom window. It had looked in the hay shelter (where we think we have a wild rabbit in there) and then ambled round the garden so he must have then gone under the gate in the long paddock and then through the big gate into the top paddock past me and then down to the bottom paddock and away over the fence! To see him in broad daylight was really unusual so I knew it was a special messenger. And so he was for when I picked an animal totem for theyear on my birthday morning – no surprises to see that Fox came up so that is my animal power animal for the year.{smile}

{{elfina}}} I hope that Pat is feeling a lot better – it is so miserable having the flu. Last time I had it I was totally out of action for 2 days and felt as weak as a kitten afterwards so ever since then we have been having the flu jabs – touch wood they seem to do the trick although you can still get the flu at least it is not so violent in its manifestation as if you didn’t have the vaccine. (supposedly at least!) {smile} When Paul is ill then I sleep in the downstairs bedroom so the dogs are always pleased as they pile in there as well! {smile} Nothing like wall to wall hairy dog rugs – I will probably sleep downstairs whilst Paul is away as well. Weren’t the birthday strings lovely with all those pictures – I thought they were beautiful so we will have to do something special for kermit on the 28th that’s for sure {Smile} I got the pics and your kitchen looks lovely – must admit I wouldn’t have gotten rid of the hot tub though! {grin} Keep healthy sweetie and sending a nice load of {{healing energies}} across the Pond for Pat and a {{{big warm hug}}} for you …{smile}

Well that is about it for now from me… as I must make a couple of phone calls to see what time the plumber is arriving here later this afternoon… so will pop this post in for now and look in again soon… til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}}}}

With love always

Mermaid..xxx

Re: February 2008 posts (2nd part)

I have just managed to disable the little box verification thinggie so there now should't be a problem with posting here - fingers crossed that is! {smile} Am still not sure why my post wouldn't take in the Feb string - I tried about 5 times to post it... thank heavens for copy paste and the fact that I write up my posts in a word document! {smile}

til later...

love always

mermaid...xxx

{{maggy}} I missed responding to you - or perhaps I did and it is not showing - I thought I did the other day yet there are strange things happening here I must admit! {smile} Let's see if this takes and I will write up a longer one in the other string...

love and {{{hugs}}}

mermaid...xxx

PS I have just seen there is a notice from Bravenet saying they are having technical problems so heck knows what is happening right now! {chuckle} I hope this post goes in if not will put it back later.

Happy Birthday!

aww thank you dear {{rick}}}}

hope all is well with you. {Smile}

love always

mermaid...xxx

Leap Day....My granddaugher was almost born on this day 8 years ago. Tomorrow is her birthday and Emily's will be on Tuesday. I haven't even mailed their gifts off yet. Pat has finally recovered enough to drive so will get the packages in the mail today. He is going for some medical tests today, keeping my fingers crossed that the results are all favorable.

Our neighbor 3 doors down passed away this week. The memorial service is today and then a luncheon at their home is to follow. It is going to be a busy day today.

Mermaid, I finally got my saw fixed so will be making new birds for your Christmas tree soon. I am working on a few craft projects at the moment for a neighborhood craft sale in early April. I am the chairperson of the sale so in order to make sure there is enough on hand to sell I am working double time on making and painting articles.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend. ******

{{elfina}}} hope your grand daughter had a wonderful day yesterday {Smile} It doesn't seem very long since we were doing the waiting vigil in the Retreat for her arrival does it? {Smiling}

I am going to start a new string for March yet thought I would leave this here to complete the February one {Smile} Will respond to you more in the new string which I will start a bit later today {Smile}

Good to hear Pat is much better as well and sending some more {{healing energies}} across the Pond with the wish that all is well with his tests.

Til later.. have a great weekend {{{hugs}}}}

love always

mermaid...xxx