Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
Posts for July 2008

Knowing that Liz is on holiday, I thought I would open this up for her.

Re: Posts for July 2008

Hi Rick, thanks for opening the July room for us. I was about to do it but saw you beat me to it. I am hoping that Mermaid is having a great time. Today is Wednesday Pat and my relax and do something different day. This week we visited a small museum with Egyptian artifacts. We also toured a quaint little town that was having it's yearly sidewalk sales. It was fun looking. We also had some business to conduct today so we didn't go as far as we usually do. Our business turned out well and we were able to reduce our taxes on a property we own by a considerable amount. Yeah....

The girls are back home. Emily is not feeling well and is running a fever. She will go to the doctor tomorrow if she is not any better. Please keep her in your prayers. She is a tiny fragile little one with a lot of spunk usually but when she gets sick she really feels it.

Today was the perfect summer day but tomorrow the rains will come again. Looking forward to a rain free 4th of July and a nice Saturday as my dauther is having her annual motorcyle show. I will be doing the registrations again this year. It is usually a fun day.

Well I have been chatty enough for one day. Waving to the room and wishing you a happy over the hump day. *************

Greetings Rick and Elfina,
I hope mermaid is having a good trip with good weather.
Very foggy here today;the gardener is pruning our fruit trees and generally cleaning up-so hopefully,small trees and my strawberries will go to their correct place in the garden,cross fingers !Had the s/berries out in the open,and they hated it,so back to their old spot near the fence.We are going to get some seed potatoes and the gardener will pop them in when they have sprouted.If cabbages ans caulis get planted,they produce lovely caterpillars !
So much talk of climate change and our lack of water-gardens are being rearraned nowadays.
cheers maggy

Hi Guys,

Just wated to stop by and wish all a very good 4th week end.

Be happy, don't drink and drive; have lost too many friends that did. (gees, I say that and think of all the times I did, bad boy, BAD BOY )

HI TO RICK, ELFINA AND MAGGY and all the retreaters, have a great week end. Bom Bobbi is sending her love and loads o {{{pawsey hugs & licky licks}}}

LIGHT, LOVE & PEACE; Kermit and Friends {{{HUGS}}}

One more day and our Mermaid will be home from the sea. I hope she had a really grand time.

I am a happy lady today as my son finally got engaged to be married yesterday. Sara is a really nice girl and will be a wonderful addition to our family. No details of when yet but they will come in due order. Yesterday also was my daughters annual bike(motorcycle) event at her restaurant. I registered the bikes for the show which was a fun task even if it did take all day. I also awarded the trophies and did some of the judgeing. My son was at the event and asked Sara to marry him in front of a lot of his friends and family. We were all thrilled and happy for the pair. Sara was in tears as she never expected it to happen. He also bought her the winning bike as an engagement present. It happened to be for sale and she had been looking for one for awhile. It was perfect. Because of the price of gasoline more and more people are buying "bikes" to get around. The "new" bike is a vintage Triumph that is in perfect order and just beautiful and her favorite color.

Today being Sunday is the 3rd day of the holiday weekend here in the states. It has been a really good one for us. I hope and pray that Paul and Mermaid had a good time too and come home well rested and happy.

Waving to the room with a special hello to Kermit. You would have loved yesterdays event the beer flowed and the event was awesome. The band was a mix of jazz and comtemporary and just perfect for the occasion. The weather was great and no one did anything wrong....just shows you that todays bikers are a different breed of people. Mostly nice people who like open air and the thrill of the ride.

Hello dear friends {Smile}

am just splashing through quickly to say we are home after having had a lovely restful time of it - the weather has been kind up til the last couple of days which was fine with heavy showers. I have to unpack and get things straightened up a bit then will return with a longer post and be able to read through the strings and posts.

Til later.. leaving a {{{warm group hug}}} and {{belated birthday wishes}} for our Cancer friends - will post in the birthday string soon....

much love always

mermaid...xxx

So happy to have you home. Now don't overdo it trying to unpack and get the house and dogs sorted out all in one day. Pace yourself, the work will be there tomorrow so take your time.....

I have missed you. Welcome Home.

Dear Mermaid,

So glad you are home safe and sound. Hope your holiday was a wonderful one.

Today I am going over to my sister's house to make myself some shorts as our weather here in Kentucky is going to get really hot pretty soon.

I've been busy babysitting and visiting my daughter and making jewelry (earrings).

Glad to have you home again and hope you are feeling stronger.

Love,

Ann

Hello again dear friends {Smile}

Thank you for the kind welcome home thoughts they are much appreciated. After the lovely break and rest and relaxation it has been back to earth with a vengeance so as to speak. Have been doing lots of catching up stuff and usual domestic things and it has been lovely being reunited with the wolf pack – they were all pleased to see us home safe and sound again after our absence on the water {Smile} I know that some people do take their dogs onto the boats yet couldn’t begin to imagine our lot on a boat for sure! {laughing}

The hospital called today and changed my CT scan which was scheduled for tomorrow to next Tuesday as apparently they won’t have the staff tomorrow! So that will defer the radiation treatment for another week (as it should start around 10 days after the CT scan) which is actually quite nice as I can just enjoy getting back into the swing of things here. I have also been thinking about taking the drug Arimidex which I am supposed to do for the next five years and have been doing some research about it as the side effects are fairly horrendous. The oncologist told me about these at our meeting before the holiday and I had decided to refrain from taking it whilst on holiday as I didn’t want any side effects to happen whilst away on the boat. After reading of more horror stories on the uk breast cancer care web sites have come to the conclusion that my initial gut feeling to not take it is correct and so I am not going to take it. Will just go through with the radiation treatment and that will be an end to it.

Babs will return home on Sunday so I might not be able to write up too long a post before then though I will see if I can get some pics popped onto a web page so that you can see the beauty of the places we visited on the boat.

It has been lovely to read the good news about what has been happening in my absence and warm congratulations {{elfina}} on your son;s engagement that is wonderful news I am sure you are now bursting with happiness {smiling} I hope that you all had a lovely 4th of July over the other side of the Pond as well as the birthdays that I have missed this year. I will put together some belated thoughts and get them posted in the Cancer Birthday string very soon.

Well it is late now and so I will pop this post in…. I had intended to just shut down the computer yet thought I would write up a little post before I turned in for the night {smile} Please excuse the typos as I am not going to proof read this before posting else it might end up not getting posted til tomorrow and another day will have gone by! {smile}

I hope that all are well and am leaving a {{{warm group hug}} til I return again {Smile}

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

PS what a lovely surprise to see you call in dear {{Tweetie/Hope}} I will get to call in and respond in your string very soon. In the meantime have a lovely time in Virginia Beach – I remember our meet up there as though it was yesterday. My love to Dark Wolf and Dave as well as a {{special hug}} for you dear friend {Smile}

Good morning all...I am glad to see Mermaids' trip went well, waiting to see some pictures soon.
We had unexpected company for the past 2 days. Friends from Florida visiting NY stopped by to see us too. It was a complete and welcome surprise. It has been so hot here they thought they were back in FL. It's cooled down a bit today so Pat and I are off on a little excursion to the Corning Glass Museum. It should be an interesting day.

Waving to the room and wishing you all a great summer day. ***** Gotta hurry and get ready for my outing.

It's great to have you back Liz As always, following one's "gut feeling" in dealing with health issues is of prime importance. Thank goodness for the good things that the internet brings us so that the information is readily available to assist one in making a more thorough and informed decision.

Elfina, congratulations on your son's recent engagement announcement.

Off to begin the day. Four more days left of vacation before the return to work so going to do a whole lot of nothing after today and just rest up for the next phase of work.

Love to all,
Diana

1 2 3 4 5