Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Posts for August 2008

Hello dear Friends {smile}

Just starting the August post string and will be back with a catch up post later this afternoon. Today wil be the end of my second week of treatment and one third down the line will be completed! {smile}

We also have an eclipse today though here in the UK it will only be seen as a partial one. The following is from my newsletter from Steve Nelson and thought I would share it here.{Smile}

"The August 1st solar eclipse signals great changes for the world with many new opportunities, especially for those attuning to spirit within in this time. South Node solar eclipses signal collective pattern breaking that may occur through political changes or through earthquakes and other natural disasters. These Earth changing events may precede or follow in the month of the eclipse.

According to the astrologer Bernadette Brady "The nature of this series [Saros 10 South] is one of breaking out of a very negative situation where there is no hope to a more positive space that contains many options. The solution will be shown by the Cosmos and needs to be taken up without much delay." For more information about eclipses and the various Saros cycles see Bernadette Brady's The Eagle and the Lark - a Textbook of Predictive Astrology.

The August 1st 2008 eclipse has a positive transforming quality as Pluto is in a friendly Grand Trine with the newly returned love goddess Venus and her underworld compadre Persephone (Eris). This Grand Trine releases its power (via a square) through the dwarf planet Ceres, the Great Mother goddess and
revealer of the Mysteries. We're in for a very interesting and enlightening month."

Wishing {{all}} who enter a very happy Eclipse and New Moon today! {smile} Will be back later.. til then

love always

mermaid...xxx

Re: Posts for August 2008

Hello dear friends {smile}

Phew what a day it has been my feet don’t seem to have touched the ground! {smile} I had just got back from the hospital and the guys arrived to mow the lawn as I have been rather spoilt these past few weeks as have had help with the grass cutting so I haven’t had to worry about it. By the time that they had gone I was then trying to do some housekeeping on the laptop as it seemed to have slowed down a lot so dear Clive was on the end of a phone talking me through a number of things and I did learn some new things as well about Windows which is great and I have put into practice {smile}

Had just finished doing that and Paul arrived home so we then went off and did the shopping for the week and by the time we got back and unpacked, walked and fed the dogs I was just too tired to cook so sandwiches it has been and now feeling a lot better I thought I would sit and write a catch up for here before the evening has gone by as well! {smile}

I am going through the remainder of the July posts yet am putting the responses in here as tis the 1st of August, so hope that makes sense {smile}

{{{Diana}} Hope that your eco day is going well – we have been cutting back on a lot of power driven things here anyways as the cost of power has now gone through the roof so heaven knows what it will be like by the time the winter comes! Gas (as in natural gas not petrol) prices went up by 35% and the electricity has gone up though I can’t remember by how much. The cost of petrol has also gone through the roof (I am really noticing this as I have to do all the driving to and from Ipswich at the moment!) {smile} Anyways that is enough of winging about the rising cost of fuel methinks…{smile} With it being so hot here last week it was fairly unbearable as we don’t have air conditioning in the house so today it has been a lot better after the heavy rain overnight and it is lovely and comfortable outside. I just don’t want to imagine your temperatures and how hthe dogs would manage I don’t know. I was walking them at 6.30 in the morning in the heat so that they could enjoy a walk before it got too hot. I will pop some pics in soon as need to download a few more. I feel so remiss on being behind with all my computer stuff at the moment yet once this radiation stuff it out of the way I won’t know what to do with all the spare time I will have! There can be posts and emails galore from me then…{chuckle} Thank you so much for the healing – all the energies are working well for sure and I am very grateful for any that are sent my way {smile} Sending love and {{hugs}} across the Pond sweetie and perhaps we will be able to have a catch up as it has been way to long since we had a chat {smile}

{{{Kermit}} perhaps an idea if you don’t want to write up a post in Word or wordpad and then paste it into the message board window is once you have written your post just highlight it and right click on the mouse and click ~copy~ so then It will hold a copy of your post so if you lose it then you can just right lick paste it back in again. If you can’t do the mouse bit (cos you have a laptop) then highlight it and do ~Control and C~ which will copy it then you can do ~Control V~ to paste it if you need to. Perhaps Rick can think of something that might help you if you lose a post. I always try and write up a long post in a word document though if I just write one straight into the message window then I do copy it into the memory just in case I lose it by mis-typing the code thinggie in. Good to hear that Bobby is doing well – Shiva is slowing down a lot now bless her though hopefully she will be round for a good while longer. She is asleep here in the kitchen and right now I am sitting here surrounded by wall to wall wolfpack all having a sleep! [chuckle} Haven’t forgotten the chart just I have been sleeping myself most afternoons this week as the radiation has been knocking me a bit for six – must be the Pisces bits in me {smile} Sendingyou some {{healing energies}} together with a big {{{warm hug}}}

{{{robynne}} was lovely to read your post and also to hear that {{greg}} is doing well. If he was getting a bit bolshy we could all just send him a load of knock out energies couldn’t we? {wicked grin} Heck well done to him for stopping smoking – I know what it is like with the ole snack attacks! {chuckle} I started to lose some weight and have now been told by the radiologists that I am not to lose weight! Sheesh you can’t win can you! {chuckle} I did get the munchies quite a lot when I first stopped though this year it has been a lot better and more under control. Today I have now completed one-third of my treatment ! Yay isn’t that great! {smile} By the end of next week then I will be half way through it which will be a double point of celebrating… yet for now tis still one day at a time [smile} Mind you looking at the time I get tired so quickly so I think I will have to stop now and pop this post in as my eyes are now closing so tis probably a good idea for me to get off to bed just as you are up and about for the start of your weekend! {smile} Will write some more tomorrow as two days with no having to drive! Yippee! {grin} Sending love and {{healing energies}} and{{warm hugs}} to you {{{all}} in my favourite place on the planet! {smile}

Well, as I said to Robynne up there I am now sitting here falling asleep as I didn’t manage a nap this afternoon so am going to pop this post in for now and then will be back tomorrow with more of a write up. Til then wishing {{all}} who enter a lovely weekend….

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Dear Mermaid,

It's good to hear you doing so well with the treatments. As always, you are in my prayers.

Well, I've started the red riding hood hood and I've ended up doing my own design. I knew there was a reason the hood pattern was only 99 cents. What a mess. I had no idea making a little cape with a hood could be so complicated.

I'm so glad we are entering a good month. The world sure could use a break. Hopefully, the earthquakes and floods will stop for a little while.

It's really hot here in Kentucky and we got plenty of rain last week so the garden looks great! Lots of cherry, roma and better boy tomatoes! And the cucumbers and squash were super this year. My sister has a hibiscus (red) at her house that is just gorgeous.

Well, I'm off to church. Today is writing class and I'm bringing some of my poems to read.

Love,

Ann

Mermaid, So very glad all is going well with the treatments. Time is passing a lot quicker so they will be over in no time. Again wishing you well with each passing day.

I leave am going to Connecticut in the morning(Monday)with Denise and the girls. We should have a fun time visiting with my parents and Pats sister and all the cousins and kids etc. Pat is staying home so it will just be us girls for 3 days.

I'll tell you all about it on my return. Until then be happy and have a great week group.

Hi guys,

We have had a lot of rain lately. Dolly came up through Texas and now Edwardo is threating to do the same thing. We have received our yearly total in these past few days.

The vet said that Bobbi probably had a fainting spell. She is now on water pills three time a day and one for her heart. The water was accommulating in her lungs and her heart murmmer cause her coughing. She has stopped coughing pretty much all together; it is just getting all those pills in her. Let's see: in Liverwurst, she'll eat; mixed in with my noon meal, she'll eat then at night we mix it up between milk, baloney, liverwurst or anything that she appears to like including Smucker's Peanut Butter :-)

Maggy, thanks for your thoughts. My eyes are doing well. Maybe things will change for you guys weather wise as I'm told La Nina is breaking up and El Nino will be in charge again. Good Luck, appears Earth Changes are being felt through out Mother Earth in various ways. {{{HUGS}}}

Robynne, Hope Greg is doing really well. Boy, that can be very stressful. I will need glasses because of my stigmatism but I do well without them though not as good as when I get my glasses again. {{{HUGS}}}

Mermaid, think of you many times every day and will be very happy when you tell us you are totally well again. I am thinking of doing the draft thingy as a save your sanity thing. I know I am bummed out over seeing Dr.s so much and can image how you must feel doing all that you are doing. That solar eclipse sound like what is expected about this time in space. Many have been suggesting stuff will be/start to happen. Though I believe that fate is not cut in stone, if we become aware of what we are doing and the destiny of Mother Earth can be aborted if we-humans-wake up to what we are doing. I look at the Aztex {sp} and see the 12-21-2012(=11) looming closer and closer and wonder just what might be in store should we continue our destructive ways. I am very concerned of how the mid east has been going, reports Iran has the big bomb. Maybe best if the human race were wiped out and our friends, the animals, are in charge again. I know I am going through changes and we'll see how well I do. OPPS, TOOK OFF AGAIN SORRY {{{HUGS}}}

Bom Bobbi has been walking well and appears to have great energy since her meds have been started. gees, her meds cost me more than mine. hehehe BCBS should cover my Bobbi!

LIGHT, LOVE & PEACE: Kermit and Friends {{{HUGS}}} Bom Bobbi here. hehe just wanted to scare him and it WORKED hehehe WE LOVE ALL YA'LL TAKE CARE AND LOADS O {{{PAWSEY HEALING HUGS AND LICKY LICKS}}} to all!

I am home from my visit with my parents and family. It was a whirlwind 3 days. All in all it was a good visit but I did have some car trouble which cost me $311.77 to have fixed. I was lucky to find a garage close by that worked on it the same day and got me back on the road in time to go home. My father lent us his car while we were there so it wasn't that bad. I had a pizza party for 18 of my family members at my sisters home on Tuesday. It was strange hosting a party at someone else's house. Thankfully most everyone there was family and we all pitched in. It was a lot of fun. Monday evening we visited with Pat's sister who has Alzheimer's, she is doing so well with the medication. She cooked dinner for us and it was almost like old times with her. She did repeat a lot but was more aware then I have seen her in a long time. I was happy that my daughter got to see her that way. I wish my husband had as he worries so about her.

I hope your treatments are going well this week Mermaid. Wishing you a quick full recovery with each passing day. Sending out new and stronger healing energies to Greg so that he will be good as new soon. Eye soothing and good seeing energies going out the Kermit****and fairy dust wishes for Bom Bonnie may she be completely over her fainting spell.

Gotta run as a storm is brewing again. I don't like to be on the computer while it is thundering etc. Bye for now.*********

Hey Liz

Well it might be the opening of the Olympics today..

but also you are half way through the radiation marathon Liz.. so made a little gif for you...*grin*

Hope you are getting through it all okay.

Lotsa love
Robynne and Greg

Hi there!

My daughter and granddaughter visited yesterday and the cape and dress fit perfectly. One amazing feat for me. Just goes to show you that measuring really works.

While they were here my daughter made herself a pair of earrings and she had the same amazingly proud look on her face that she had when she was little and had done something she really thought was cool. She wouldn't let me help her, of course. It was really fun!

I read through the posts and am so glad everyone is doing better. How is little Anthony doing?

The weather is super here in Kentucky - low 80's and plenty of sun, so I think I'll spend the day outside.

Have a great day!

Love,

Ann

Hello dear friends {smile}

Firstly, my apologies for not posting as often as I would wish. I have been so tired that I have slept more than I would have liked and therefore there has not been any spare time for being at the computer. Paul was away on Thursday night so I thought I would sit and write up a post then only to find we had thunderstorms and torrential downpours of rain – suspect it probably arrived from your side of the Pond dear {{elfina}} {smile} - so the computer and modems had to be unplugged and I spent a fairly worrying evening hoping that the lightning would stay away from the house especially being on my own with the dogs!

Friday I was just exhausted and so we went shopping on Saturday as Paul didn’t get home til Friday evening and then I was going to sit and write then yet ended up on the sofa sleeping for the afternoon. Still at least it is getting my batteries recharged ready for the next week to come {smile}

The vegetable garden is being very productive so Paul has been workinghard out there picking peas and beans and getting them all in the freezer – we will enjoy the benefits of his work in the winter months for sure {Smile} I went round in the week to see Yvonne (who I got the pups from) and saw their brothers and sister. Was so funny seeing the male versions of them as well {chuckle}

Talking of dogs – my sister in law (who is really a cat person though she does have a pup and an Irish Wolfhound) send me an email which I thought was hilarious so will share it here with you so you can have a chuckle as well. Hers had pictures with it yet I seemed to lose them when I brought the email in on outlook express yet am sure you will be able to see the different breeds in your mind’s eye when you read it. Will pop it in a separate post and then will write up some responses a bit later in a word document and post that later {Smile}

Til then hope you enjoy the following and are all having a lovely weekend {smile} Leaving a {{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter…

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

How many dogs does it take to change a light bulb?

1. Golden Retriever: The sun is shining, the day is young, we've got our whole lives ahead of us, and you're inside worrying about a stupid burned out bulb?

2. Border Collie: Just one. And then I'll replace any wiring that's not up to code.

3. Dachshund: You know I can't reach that stupid lamp!

4. Rottweiler: Make me.

5. Boxer: Who cares? I can still play with my squeaky toys in the dark.

6. Lab: Oh, me, me!!!!! Pleeeeeeeeeze let me change the light bulb! Can I? Can I? Huh? Huh? Huh? Can I? Pleeeeeeeeeze, please, please, please!

7. German Shepherd: I'll change it as soon as I've led these people from the dark, check to make sure I haven't missed any, and make just one more perimeter patrol to see that no one has tried to take advantage of the situation.

8. Jack Russell Terrier: I'll just pop it in while I'm bouncing off the walls and furniture.

9. Old English Sheep Dog: Light bulb? I'm sorry, but I don't see a light bulb!

10. Cocker Spaniel: Why change it? I can still pee on the carpet in the dark.

11. Chihuahua : Yo quiero Taco Bulb. Or 'We don't need no stinking light bulb.'

12. Greyhound: It isn't moving. Who cares?

13. Australian Shepherd: First, I'll put all the light bulbs in a little circle...

14. Poodle: I'll just blow in the Border Collie's ear and he'll do it. By the time he finishes rewiring the house, my nails will be dry.

How many cats does it take to change a light bulb?

Cats do not change light bulbs. People change light bulbs. So, the real question is:

'How long will it be before I can expect some light, some dinner, and a massage?'

All of which proves, once again, that while dogs have masters, cats have staff!

Hello again and hoped you enjoyed the little dog/cat funny – I certainly did {smile} Actually the comment about the shepherd and the jack russell terrier is very apt as I can just see our neighbours terrier doing that and Noosa giving the shepherd response as he patrols our boundaries! {chuckle}

Am flipping back through the posts so I can catch up with responses (the beauty of typing up a post in a word document!) {Smile}

{{Ann}} I am sorry that I didn’t reply to your post earlier yet was very happy to read today that the red riding hood cape turned out so well. All you need is Chakhotay now as his name is Chakhotay Black wolf! He is as gentle as a lamb though {smile} Here is a piccy of him {smile}

Our greenhouse is full of tomatoes and if the rain would stop then they will start ripening a bit faster and I will be up to my elbows in making tomato chutney! {chuckle} Our cherry season is in late May so they are all gone now. I know that we are buying USA cherries at the moment from the shops. Was lovely to read today about your daughter’s visit as well with her making the earrings – it sounds as though you all had a lovely time of it {Smile}

{{elfina}}} sounds as though you had a lovely family visit and a shame that Pat didn’t go with you so that he could see his sister for himself. I am sure that you will have managed to reassure him though. As you can see from my post above – I was giong to sit and write last Thursday then the thunder storms took over and so no computer time for me which was a real bummer as I was actually quite lively Thursday evening! Must have been the adrenaline kicking in as I was nervous about lightning strikes and fire! {smile} Hope all is well – did you see the opening ceremony of the Olympics? Wasn’t it amazing…. I sat and watched it all then managed to fall asleep whilst some of the athletes were coming in yet not for too long so was able to see the Olympic flame being brought in and the torch being lit. I somehow don’t think that anyone will be able to match that opening ceremony and they say that London isn’t going to even try – which is probably just as well methinks though heaven knows what they will be thinking up to put on… {smile}

{{{kermit}} good to read that {{bobby}}} is doing better now thank goodness. C rikey sounds as though she has a great time taking her pills! {chuckle} Mine have theirs in butter so they all sit in a row and take it in turns when they have tohave medicine. Noosa has to have medication all the time as does Shiva so they get the butter treat and then the others when they have their wormers. They all think it is a great treat to have pills {grin} Yup much easier to type up in a word document sweetie and then if the code thinggie doesn’t work then just a question of copy pasting it back in. Actually all you have to do is copy it before posting so you have it in the temporary memory so you can paste it back again if you have to {smile} How are the eyes doing now by the way? Yours that is not {{bobby’s}} {grin}

{{robynne}}} aww what a lovely graphic! Thank you so much!… I love the pic especially as she has silver hair which is what is happening to mine though I did get it cut and coloured last week so tis brown again {grin} If I could go silver all over overnight that would be great methinks… though hardly likely to happen for a while. Hope all is well with you and that dear {{greg}} is continuing in his own healing.. won’t be long now til the new grandchild is here will it? I think you said in the July posts so will have to go and have another look. {Smile}

Well looking at the time I had better pop this post in as I need to go and feed the wolfpack. Will see I can can upload some pics of the pups (doglets) so you can see how big they are now. Perhaps I will have time a little later.. so til then leaving another {{{warm group hug}}}}

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

1 2 3