Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Posts for November 2008

Good morning dear friends {Smile}

I am a day late in starting the ~November string~ yet so thought I had better get it done this morning before I forget and another day goes by! {smile}

I hope that everyone is well and will write a bit more later once I have got the wolfpack sorted out with their breakfast and morning walk {Smile}

Til later...

love always

mermaid...xxx

Happy Birthday {{{elfina}}}

Splashing in to leave a little something for our dear friend {{{elfina}}} who leaves Fairy Dust wherever she goes... {Smile}

Wishing you a Very Happy Birthday and may your Solar Return bring you all you could wish for and more! {{{hugs}}}

much love always

mermaid...xxx

Re: Posts for November 2008

Thank you Mermaid for the pretty little fairy birthday wish. I am having a good day today. We voted this morning and then went out
to lunch with our son John. John bought me a lovely sweater and Pat bought me all new makeup and an exercise outfit. We will be going
out to dinner with the whole family later this evening when Denise and family get here. Sara will be with us too. I am getting to old for birthday parties I think. I
turn 62 today.

This weekend we attended an auction and both Pat and I were taken with an antique 1870's walnut Victorian bed which we just had to have. It is really lovely and BIG, over 7 feet tall.
I didn't realize how big it was until we got it home but it looks nice in the girls room which is also our quest room.

Halloween was great fun trick or treating with the girls and the party at Denise's restaurant was fun too. Pat got a 7 point buck on Halloween and today we are canning it.
Venison is really tasty that way.

All of our snow has melted and it is in the 60's today very warm for this time of year here. It usually rains on my birthday so I was surprised to see the sun this morning.
Tomorrow we will have a new president. After 2 years of campaining it is finally over. Who ever gets in I pray they keep our country strong and productive.

Good morning dear friends {smile}

I don’t know where the days go to at the moment as time seems to be going by so quickly! {smile} It has been typical autumn weather here in the past week – wet, damp, misty and drizzly – in general fairly bleurgh! {smile}

It has been a strange week thus far, the dishwasher packed up on Sunday and then the heating boiler in the annexe started making terrible noises so I had to turn off the heating before it felt like it was going to blow! {smile} Tis the pump that is on the blink so a new one is now on order and a temporary repair effected to the existing one.

Michael is coming today so will be out in the garden getting yet more leaves blown and gathered as I can’t see the lawns at the moment. At least it is quiet as there are winds forecast for next week so they should bring a load more down! I will sit and write a longer post later today once Michael has gone and I have also been and run my errands in town. Just wanted to leave a quick line in here to also ask you to visit the healing string as I have left a post there about my brother in law this morning.

{{elfina}} so glad you had a lovely birthday and I hope the evening went well also.

Til later dear friends as I must go and start my day {smile}

Love always

Mermaid…xxx

Robynne, Thank you for the lovely fairy birthday wishes.
I had a very nice dinner with my whole family and the food was delicious the drinks flowed and I brought the dessert home. Our friends met us for drinks after dinner at the restraunt which was a nice surprise. Now that I am 62 I can collect Social Security and my first check will arrive in January. It will be great to have a little "PayCheck" all my own again. Notice I said little I don't for the life of me see how anyone can survive on Social Security alone.

We worked in the yard today and wrapped all the trees for winter. This is a job I hate to help with but it must be done. I am allergic to some of the shrubs and my hands always get scratched and itchy when we do this job. They must be wrapped or the deer will eat them all up over the winter and the snow will crush some of them. I can't believe how fast some shrubs can grow in just 6 short years.

Pat is clipping Scooter as I type this and in a few minutes I will go and give him his bath. It is nice and warm today (65degrees) so he wont be to chilly when he goes for his walk later on. Pat is giving him a summer hair cut to get ready for Florida so if it snows before now and when we leave he will have to wear his little coat when he goes out.

Kermit I hope all is well with you. Gotta run Pat's finished and Scooter is getting antsy....it's bath time.

So sorry I missed the actual ~day~ Elfina, but sending out belated {{Happy Birthday}} energies to you.

May the new Solar Year bring you all that you wish for. I have the sense that 2009 will see many wonderful things.

Hi guys,

It has finally cooled off here. I like the warmer weather but the cycle goes on.

Elfina, HAVE A WONDERFUL YEAR. Glad to hear you had a good and happy birthday. Gees, 62, you're a youngen hehe Bom bobbi and me are doing well though Bobbi is showing her age a bit. DARN. ENJOY {{{HUGS}}}

ROBYENNE,great to see you; enjoy your wonderful SUMMER. How is Greg doing? ENJOY {{{HUGS}}}

DIANA , how's the weather in AZ? Hi to everyone. {{{HUGS}}}

Mermaid, so good to hear you are doing well. Will be looking forward to seeing the wee ones again. YUM YUM, all those apples doing a good job for ya. Hi to Paul. Well, a new Pres. will be here in Jan.. Hopefully he'll do as he says he intends to do. You know how I feel about politicians. We'll see. Take Care my FRIEND AND ENJOY {{{HUGS}}}

LIGHT, LOVE & PEACE; Kermit and Friends. Bom Bobbi here. Boy am I ever glad this election thing is done-the phone hasn't rang all day , the TVs are not crowded with those guys calling each other fibbers. Ah, it's so relaxing here again. We Love all youse guys, ALL TAKE CARE AND ENJOY; TILL THE NEXT TIME, {{{LOVING PAWSEY HUGS AND LICKY LICKS}}}

Hello again dear friends {smile}

Well what a week it was! {chuckle} Seemed that so many appliances were kicking up yet now we have the heating pumps all replaced and working (touch wood). It meant though that I had to stay at the other end of the house with the dogs and do other things whilst the engineer did his stuff so there was no computer time for me to be able to sit and write anything. The phone was also going fairly non stop as well so perhaps it might die down a bit next week which will be give a chance to catch up with some well overdue responses to outstanding mail in my inbox.

I found a little time now before I have to sort out the dinner for the wolfpack as Paul is cooking dinner tonight so thought I would make the most of it and sit and write up a post for here in the board as I do feel very remiss with the lack of postings from me. Mind you I see it is quiet in here at the moment so everyone must be busy in their own ~nows~ methinks. {smile}

The leaves are coming off the trees with a vengeance at the moment and it is very hard to keep up with them. Today was lovely though cold outside after really strong winds overnight. Fortunately Michael will be here tomorrow so we can both get stuck into leaf clearing (yet again). It will be somewhat of a relief I must admit when the trees are finally divested of all their foliage! By then we will have an absolute mountain of green bags full of leaves for either burning or making a ton of compost. {smile}

The pups are doing well at the moment and are now coming out for walks again with the big boys. I have to put Chakhotay and Kirri on leads til we get down to the bottom of the quarry so it keeps them all fairly calm before I let them loose as Kirri had hurt her leg yet still insisted on galloping around at 100 miles an hour and then limping for the rest of the day. If she didn’t walk then she still had the energy and when I let her out into the garden it was then like popping the cork out of a shaken up champagne bottle with a wall of death gallop around the perimeter fence! {chuckle} It is hard to believe that they were 8 months old on the 4th of this month I don’t know where the time has gone to I must admit. {smile}

{{{elfina}} was lovely to read about your birthday celebrations and it sounded as thoughyou did have a lovely time. Would you believe that I received a letter from our Pensions Social Services in ready to apply for mine as next year when I hit the big 6~0~ then I can have my pension (what little it is) as well. Will be nice to have a little money of my own I must admit as with the cancer stuff this year I have not been doing much ~extra work~ so Paul has had to be keeping me. {smile} I agree with you on how can people even exist on the amount that the State pays out. Hmm re the wrapping of the trees… you should invest in some good gardening gloves dear friend and perhaps they would help with the ~itchies~? I am not sure I would like to leave my garden for the full length of winter though I can quite see why you do as I think your winters are a lot harsher than ours so no wonder you head off to Florida for the winter months. It must be getting close to the time when you will be packing to leave for the south. Will you be going before Thanksgiving or will you have that with the family first and then leave for Florida? Hope you are not overdoing it this weekend with all the gardening work and sending you a {{{big warm hug}}} across the sea.

{{{robynne}} lovely to see you pop in sweetie and what a lovely graphic for dear elfina’s birthday. You always do such lovely ones {smile} Hope all is well with you, Greg and the family. Now I can’t remember if I can responded to your long post in the October string so once I have this one posted then I will have to go and read back through there so forgive me if I haven’t responded to that one. (and ignore this apology if Ihave! Tis old age (or senile dementia setting in early!) {grin}

{{Diane}} how lovely to also see a post from you dear wolfsister… I hope it is not too long before you are able to call back and let us know how things are with you and the family. {{{hugs}}}

{{{kermit}} lovely to read your post dear friend and I am sure that you are glad all the politicking stuff is done and suted now. I must admit we were getting fairly tired of it all over here and it wasn’t even our election! {smile} It looks as though the vote has been for change and with the Saturn-Uranus opposition being exact on your polling day I am not surprised at the result. I hope your new President elect can come up with the goods once he is properly in office after his inauguration in January 2009. I can understand why people voted for him (or rather what he represents to them) as it was the same principle when people voted for Tony Blair over here as they were tired of the existing Conservative government.

Mind you, it is quite interesting to see the people he is now picking to be on his ~team~ though I believe it was reported in the Daily Telegraph that “The new incoming president has appointed former Clinton aide Rahm Emanuel, a combative, foul-mouthed former ballet dancer who is said to have one sent a dead fish to a pollster who had provoked his ire, as his chief of staff. Mr Emanuel's appointment is a major departure from the smooth, undemonstrative style of his campaign and signals that he is prepared to bring about change in Washington by using consummate political knife fighters who can play by the current rules in the capital.” So I guess it is a matter of “watch this space is it not?”{Smile}

Here in the UK politicians seem to look on it as a career only and try to make as much money and perks as they can whilst in office (and out of it as well). Tony Blair is making a lot of money now on the back of being an ex-Prime Minister as he is not accountable now to government and his wife isn’t doing too badly either as it is being reported that she is charging £20,000 a time to be a speaker at different events in the USA. Think we would be paying her NOT to appear in any over here! {chuckle} Guess that should be enough about politics from me as I am not a political person and don’t have a lot of time for any politicians at the moment I must admit. Hope all is well with you dear {{kermit}}} and {{bom bobbi}}} and sendingy ou a {{big warm hug}}} across the sea sweetie {smile}

Heck I see that time is once again moving onwards and I will need to go and feed the wolfpack their evening meal. I do hope that everyone is keeping well and thank you for your thoughts and posts in the healing string. I will put a post in there after the dogs have had their meal. Til later… leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter and hope you are all having a good weekend {smile}

Love always

Mermaid…xxx

PS: I managed to pop a post in the healing string before I left the keyboard just in case I didn't get back til much later - thank you all once again for your {healing thoughts and energies}}} they are much appreciated and they are working! {smile}

love always

mermaid...xxx

This is the bed we bought for the guest room last week for the girls. They call it their princess bed. It was made in about 1870 and is Victorian.
Although the rest of the house is more on the traditional line I enjoy a touch of Victorian. We looked for a dresser and mirror for it today didn't find one but have plenty of time to find something interesting to put with it.

This picture was taken on my birthday, it is of Pat and I and Denise and her girls and our son John.
Glad to see Pauls brother in law is getting some relief from his ailment. Pat had a perferated colon about 6 years ago which was very dangerous. He was so lucky to have it heal on it's own with medication and bed rest. Hopefully his problem will heal as quickly.

We went to a Christmas open house today. It was at a mini market that sells all sorts of antiques and new items there are over 100 dealers in the market and it was fun. There were many Christmas themed door prizes and I would like to win one. Wish me luck. I won one a few years back and it made a great gift for Denise.

Pat is spending the afternoon watching football on TV. I think I'll go and find some crock pot receipes online to use in the new crock pot I bought today for only $5.00 it was a very good deal.

Have a great week everyone. I plan too.

1 2 3