Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
Posts for July 2009

Hello dear friends {smile}

Just splashing through to start the string for July. I do hope to be able to sit and write more later today and go through the posts... Uranus is going retrograde today in Pisces until 1st December so it could go a bit topsy turvy - mind you it has been like that all week! {chuckle}

Wishing {{all}} who enter a very good start to the month of July and leaving a {{{warm group hug}}} and {{healing energies}} to those who need them.

with much love always

mermaid...xxx

Re: Posts for July 2009

Here is a little picture I took of Scooter today at the fairy fountain. He usual moves when I try to get a good photo of him but this one came out all right.

We finally got some sunshine today, I am hoping the rain will hold off until tonight. A whole day without rain would be nice now and then. Yesterday I had the family over for dinner. It was delicious and they all had a great time. It is nice having us all at the dinner table again. With their odd hours it is not always possiable. Anyway my diet was shot to heck as I over did it on everything. John has a friend from Florida working at the golf course this summer so he came to dinner too. He was sure glad to have a home cooked meal. Sara works nights so she was not able to come. I hope when they finally get married we will see her more often.

Diana, I am sorry about your clients death. Theirs is such a lonely sad life. It is wonderful that there are caring people like you to look after them. Sometimes you just can't save them all but the ones you do help are all the better for it.

Kermit I hope you like the little picture of Scooter he is getting to be like a little old man lately.

Mermaid, I am glad you are going to get another boat trip it seems that you and Paul really enjoy them. I bet it is a relaxing time on the water. Wishing you fair skys this time when you go.

Think I muffed up my earlier post as I see it didn't take, so here we go again {grin}

Elfina, thank you for your kind and supportive words. I know that over the years you have been generous with your time and donations as well for those less fortunate and would like to thank you on behalf of all of us that work in this field for your contributions. Without selfless individuals like yourself, the services we provide would not be possible.

I love the picture of Scooter and the Fairy fountain! She's a lovely Fairy and the Older Gent Scooter seems to be watching proudly over the magic garden.

Thunderstorms overhead at the moment, and seems like the Monsoons might actually get here today (keep your fingers crossed for us). Would be lovely to see some showers.

Leaving a fond hello to all who pass through.
Diana

Hello dear friends {Smile}

First of all my deep apologies for the lateness of the birthday wishes. I felt awful last night when I looked in and saw the ones left for dear {{diana}} and {{robin}}}. My life seems to have shifted into a new level of speeding up… this week as an example I can’t believe it is Thursday already.

I have been up early every morning (5am) to try and get chores done as we have been in the 30’s (an no cooler or air condictioning) and also high humidity. I actually don’t mind the heat too much it is the humidity that takes it out of me and just zaps the energy. I think I have walked miles this week with just back and forth to the gates opening and shutting them for people.

There has been a stream of visitors to the house, Paul has been working from home as well so I couldn’t just retreat into the study as I normally do. One learns to deal with the changes though. The hay has been cut and turned and Russell will be here this morning to ~ted~ it up into rows and then it will be baled this afternoon and we can get the hay bales inside later this evening so it will be a long, hot day for sure. At least the Universe is providing and the weather is holding for that as heavy rain showers are finally being forecast for tomorrow. The lawns are brown we have been having to water the flower beds and vegetables every day (which has taken up time) so am sure the earth will be crying with blessed relief as it is almost drought conditions now. Paul is supposed to be playing golf tomorrow as well – (in the rain?) so we will see if he does then we will be doing the weekly shopping, must admit that the workload just doesn’t seem to end does it? Mind you no point in ~whinging~ too much as we are all in the same boat methinks as everything seems to have just speeded up for everyone. {Smile}

There have been challenging times regarding Mother’s estate, so much so that I ended being up on the phone for most of last weekend. Must admit I will be glad when we have got it all sorted out though it will take time just I just have to accept that and get on with it. The travelling can get a bit tedious yet at least with only having to do that once a month at the moment I guess it is not too bad.

It was a lovely little ceremony at our little church to inter the ashes of dear Basil and his wife Daisy on Tuesday. There were just seven of us there as casket was laid to rest in a beautiful spot overlooking the lake. The sun was shining and blue skies which was very different to dear {[Basil’s}} funeral in January. Heather (Daisy’s god daughter) had waited on purpose til the summer to do this and I think it was a good decision. It didn’t take long yet felt very special as Basil was special not only to me but also to Flemish House as he had worked here probably since the 1930’s. The vicar (a lady one) said some nice words and a short prayer and then it was done. Here is a picture and if you see the bank in front of the church they are facing the lake- it is such a beautiful spot. {smile}

This is a site that has more pics which you might like to see. Paul and I were married here.

http://www.geograph.org.uk/search.php?i=6971684

Well looking at the time I think I had better pop this post in and go make start on the day as Paul needs to be woken and the dogs need their breakfast! {smile} I will see if I can take time out to respond to posts later… yet if not I will for sure tomorrow when Paul is away and we are finished with haymaking! {smile} Til then I hope that everyone is well and I have loved reading the posts.

Love always

Mermaid…xxx

There is a saying Make hay while the sun shines....glad the sun is shining there Mermaid. I dont know if they are ever going to get the hay in here as it won't stop raining. It is going to be every day for the next week and it has almost every day for the past week.....One good thing our lawns are beautiful.

What a lovely church and resting place for Basil and Daisy. I know you must miss him.

Our 4th of July Independance Day is this Saturday. I think Pat and I just might take a little picnic lunch and go away for the day if the rain stops. If not then we will go up to Denise's for a little while, it is her and Mark's 11th wedding anniversary. I can't believe how fast time has past. They are closing the restaurant early that day and taking the kids to an amusement park and then to the big fireworks display there that night. I love fireworks but they are such a hassel to attend sometimes. It takes forever to get home from them as thousands of cars are parked everywhere. A few years ago someone parked behind us and we had to wait for an extra hour for them to come so we could get home. Needless to say Pat wasn't very happy about it.....

Rats, there goes the thunder and lightening again, I'll close and shut down the computer until this storm passes. I just got a flood advisery pop up and a storm alert screen.Bye for now.

Hello again dear friends {smile}

Just popping in on the way to Neptune land and although I am feeling fairly knackered now all the hay is in… the temperatures were in the 30’s and it was so hot that I had to lie down for an hour this afternoon. Fortunately Michael came back late afternoon and we also had help as we brought all the bales in at 7pm this evening so although it was still very warm it was not as bad as this afternoon.

Am sending out thanks to the Universe for the good weather this week as we are due rainstorms at 3am so it is just so comforting to know that the hay is all done and in and under cover now so the animals will all have their winter feed. We will have the wheat straw arriving probably mid to late August once the wheat has been harvested so a nice respite until then {smile} We do have some straw left over from last year sojust need to top that up and Paul has to arrange for some more hay to be delivered from a friend of his yet that is under cover now anyways so it won’t be spoiled by the rain. I do hate to see hay bales out in the fields and then getting soaked once rain arrives. Fortunately gone are the days when I was young and used tohelp with getting over 1,200 large heavy hay bales in! Our small amount of a 150 is quite enough now….{grin}

I said to Paul tonight (as we ate our evening meal at 9.45pm outside as it was so warm) that this weekend I am having for me and am not going to do anything strenuous! I probably won’t be able to move in the morning yet that is ok as am off to get my hair done as it hasn’t been touched by a hairdresser since before mother died so that will be lovely to have a trim and a colour {smile]

{{{elfina}}} so glad you enjoyed the pics… yes I do miss Basil terrribly he was such a wonderful Sagittarian soul bless him. Michael who is now with us is Basil’s nephew so it keeps it all in the family so to speak {smile} I hope that you finally get some sunshine… all the rain you have had had arrived here in the UK as there has been a real West/East divide with torrential rain in the west and we have been in drought conditions in the East. The rain should finally arrive here during the course of the night. It will be good when it does as the lawns are just burnt out and the paddocks could do with a good amount of watering as well. I will put the sheep in the hay paddock over the weekend as they can pull that down now and give the other paddocks a well earned rest {smile}

Well that is enough from me for tonight as it is late and I need to go and lie down… think I could also do with a new back as well {chuckle} Will be back tomorrow… til then leaving {{warm thoughts}}}} together with a {{{big group hug}}} for {{{all}} who may enter….

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Hi guys.

I'm sorry I haven't been in here for a while. I've been a fussbudget lately and arguing with most anyone I can. You know it keeps the mind fertile, but that doesn't help the bruised body.

Elfina, that was a nice picture of scooter. I saved a snapshot of him and too, I enjoyed the garden. You take care my friend and Hi to Pat. {{{HUGS}}}

Diana, did I missed your birthday again? Boy what kind of buddy am I? Well here's to a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you my dear friend. Hope all is going well and take care buddy enjoy {{{HUGS}}}

Robynne, I missed your birthday too? Boy I got to get my head out, well you know where my head is right now. I love you my friend. And to you HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Love you{{{HUGS}}}

Mermaid, boy you have really been busy haven't you! I really don't think I could do what you are doing. Just to lazy dude these days don't Ya know. Another great day my friend; Hi to Paul. ENJOY BUDDY! {{{HUGS}}}

well I got to get going. You guys enjoy, you know I love everyone and loads of LOVE and HUGS for y'all.

LIGHT, LOVE and PEACE; Kermit and friends {{{HUGS}}} Bom Bobbi here. My buddy year has been busy writing a lot of politicians, being a four-legged Girl I do not understand what it's all about. You know that we hold all deeply in our hearts and we're sending you all our{{{LOVING PAWLESY HUGS AND LOADS OF LICKY LICKES HUGS}}} Want is say hi to my new buddy SCOOTER. Hey buddy, I'm a love bug so watch out.

Hello dear friends

Just whizzing through in between thunderstorms here. I have been half way through a little catch up post yet had to shut down the c omputer at lunchtime today because of thunderstorms. We have more on the way yet just wanted to pop in to say hope to post a catch up tomorrow as I will have more time to myself then as well.... til then

leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{{all}} who may enter...

with love always

mermaid...xxx

a little ~catch up~ at last! {smile}

Hello dear friends {Smile}

I made a start yesterday writing up my catch up post only to have to shut down the computer as we ended up having thunder rumbles for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Have now copied this to a memory stick and so I can continue on the laptop if necessary today although they have only forecast rainshowers today rather than thunderstorms! {smile} Actually as I started writing this morning (with re-editing yesterday’s writing) the sun is shining and it is lovely out there with the termparutres having dropped by 13 degrees to a refreshing 15C – what a difference to this time last week when we just were melting.

Well here we are at the start of a new week, Venus has now moved into the sign of Gemini until 31st July and we have the effects of the Full Moon in Capricorn together with the lunar eclipse today. We also will have a total Solar eclipse on the 22nd July (29 26 minutes) followed by a further lunar eclipse (in Aquarius) on 6th August activating 13 degrees 35 minutes Aquarius (with the Sun at 13 degrees 35 minutes Leo). As my Moon is in Capricorn tis also a lunar return for me as well today and must admit my dreamtime has been working overtime as we have built up to today.{smile} We can use the energies of this full moon to send out healing to all who need it as they will be potent for quite a few days yet. Anyhow before I go into a full astrology ramble mode I will return to my ~catch up~ post. {smile}

I hope that everyone had a good weekend and that those dear friends across the Pond had a lovely 4th July celebration. {Smile} It was rather challenging for us on Saturday as we had to have one of the sheep put down. I won’t go into details as it was a rather nasty accident so having to have a healthy sheep put down was not the best of things to be done yet it was necessary to alleviate any further suffering. That rather spoiled our Saturday night as I just couldn’t eat any supper after it all. Thank heavens for Michael coming out to help bless him.

I have been catching up with my chores here since stopping everything for the haymaking last week and Paul is in the office for a couple of days so I have the house to myself at least for some ~me time~ {Smile}

I must admit I feel very remiss over the past couple of weeks over the lack of postings from me. It has been a busy time here at home and also with sorting out Mother’s affairs and the travelling down to Reading every month and working 16 hours days once there and then needing time to physical recover from it. It took it’s toll on me yet at least that is now easing up thank heavens even though there have been slightly challenging times with siblings. I think once Mother’s things have been sorted out and we have applied for probate then at least there will be a breathing space from that as it can take six to eight weeks for probate to be granted so we can’t do anything until that happens. In the meantime we can continue to check the apartment and go through and sort Mother’s things.

{{{elfina}}} I hope that you are having a lovely time with your grand daughters. I loved the picture of little Scooter and the Fiary fountain. I still remember that beautiful photo you took of the deer and the mermaid. {smile} It was lovely to read about the dinner with your family.. I know what you mean about diet going out of the window as I have given up for now on mine. I think with having the cancer last year and then learning about mother’s and my aunt’s cancer that perhaps I will just keep the weight in case mine comes back and then at least there is something to come off again rather than having nothing to fight it with. The jury is still out on that decision though. {Smile}

It is lovely to have the second holiday all booked and organised for the boat in September. We enjoyed it so much in May especially that I was fit again and able to jump on and off the boat and then to actually go and visit places and walk. Last year it was all I could do just to be on the boat as on both occasions I was recovering from firstly the operation and then secondly the wretched radiation treatment. It is wonderful this year to actually be able to have enough energy to do things I must admit even though I do get tired quite quickly now. Must be a sign of the ageing process kicking in! {grin}

I hope that you had a lovely July 4th celebration with Pat. That sounded like a wonderful idea to have a nice picnic together with Pat. Did you manage it ok and no being caught up in traffic? It is lovely having the temperatures back to bearable as my poor lawns are just burnt out brown so when we finally get rain proper then they will have a chance to green up. Yesterday with all the thunder rumbling around us there wasn;t much rain falling even though it had been forecast for heavy showers. I think your weather arrived here in the UK as there has been a lot of rain falling over the west and south side of the country yet it hasn’t quite arrived here properly in the east yet. {Smile} Hopefully you now have a nice lot of sunshine so that you can enjoy your garden – talking of which have you recovered from your allergy by now? I do hope so and will look forward to reading a post from you when you have some time to sit and write. Til then sending you a {{{warm hug}} across the Pond {smile}

{{{Diana}}} I was so sorry to read about your resident’s suicide – it is always so sad when something like that happens and I am sure it must have affected you and all your colleagues deeply. I hope that you had a lovely birthday though and it has been good to read about your Dad’s progress as well… once I have finished this post then I must go and put another one in the Healing string. Whilst I think of it have you heard anything from Donny by the way? Please pass on my good wishes to your Mom and Dad and leaving a {{{warm hug}}} for you always. {smile}

{{{kermit}} heck no need to apologise for the lack of posts sweetie…. It is just lovely whenever any of us finds the time in our own ~nows~ to leave a message. I wil sit and write in response toyour email soon dear friend… my inbox is overflowing (yet again) and I feel very remiss myself in not being able to write as much as I would like to…. I think I go inwards when the Sun has moved into my 12th house (where it is at the moment) yet it won’t be long before it crosses my ascendant and so hopefully I will feel a bit more like returning to my astrology writings as it has now been way too long since I have done any. Glad to hear that you are ok though and heckyou just enjoy being lazy… you can be lazy for me as well! {grin} I am just enjoying having the house to myself today and am not doing a lot of chores. I do have to work through the ironing so I keep coming back and sitting and writing when my back starts aching so it is a good excuse to sit and then multitask isn't it? {smile} Whilst I am writing I have the TV on in here and they are showing the ceremony in Hyde Park London where the memorial is being unveiled which is dedicated to the 52 innocent victims who died in the London bombings in 2005 when the suicide bombers attacked the London transport network. I just wish and hope that all wars and terrorists would end perhaps one day it will be possible. Anyways I will refrain from posting more on that subject else I could be on my soapbox for a long while. {smile} Am sending love a {{{warm hugs}} across the sea to you and dear {{bom bobby}}} til you post again {smile}

Well looking at the time I think I will pop this post in with the hope that all are well and am also dending out a ~thought wave~ to dear {{maggy}} to pop in and leave an update on {{dan}} as I hope that he is well on the way to recovery and returning to a hospital closer to their home.

Will look in again later… til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}}} to all who may enter….

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Re: a little ~catch up~ at last! {smile}

Popping in for a quick hello to everyone.

Sounds as though all have been busy these last days, Elfina with visits, Liz with sorting of hay, Kermit with arguing {chuckle} and myself with work and home odds n ends.

This moon seems to be especially potent. I've seen folks burst into tears, yell out in anger, release past memories, etc. Lunar eclipses do have a way of surfacing whatever we've tried to keep hidden, so it's always a most excellent time to address the tethers of the past that may be prohibiting us from moving forward.

It's been roughly three months since I've heard anything from Donny. I do know that he moved from his last place of residence and is ok for the time being, yet beyond that there has been no word.

Mom's birthday is this coming Friday and then Ed's is the following one (the 17th) so it's always a wee bit busy around here until the later part of July {grin}. Three Cancers in one family is a bit interesting at times and my poor dad who is a Virgo is definitely the odd fellow out {laughing}

As I type this up a lovely song from Nickleback is playing on the radio that Ed has dubbed "our song" called "If everyone cared." If you get the chance, give it a listen, is a truly moving song about love and its power to transform an individual and collective for the good. Part of the chorus is,

"If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
Then we'd see the day when nobody died"

How simple it really is, yet humanity chooses to make it all so complicated.

Along that line, has anyone seen the Nicholas Cage movie "Knowing?" Very interesting movie on the upcoming 2012 and/or "end times" events.

Well looking at the wretched clock {grin} I see it's about time to head off to work, so waving a good day to all.

Walk in love, light and peace
Diana

~thought waves~ work! {smile}

Good morning dear friends {Smile}

Just shows the power of thought waves doesn't it? Remember I sent out one to Maggy whilst typing my post yesterday? {smiling} I received a ~round robin~ email this morning from her which I will copy/paste into the Healing Room. Am in a bit of a rush this morning as I overslept a bit so will be back later with a post. til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter..

with love always

mermaid...xxx

1 2 3 4 5