Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Posts for August 2009

Good morning dear friends {smile}

Just splashing through to start the string for August. {smile}

I hope that everyone is well and enjoying the weekend and start of the new month. Will be back a little later with a longer post... til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter {smile}

with love always

mermaid...xxx

Re: Posts for August 2009

Just popping back to leave another post here as I know that I am going to be fairly busy today getting food preparation done and hopefully I can mow the lawn before the rain arrives this afternoon. I did mean to do it yesterday then got sidetracked with the cricket and other mundane tasks {smile} the weather forecast is looking quite reasonable for tomorrow so am keeping finger crossed that we will be able to sit outside. Mind you we do have an large awning that we can open and sit under if it does rain. {Smile} Was sitting here remembering a Fathers Day barbeque after the fire. We had a little plastic gazebo thing that I put up over the table (we couldn’t use the awning as that was covered with scafffolding when they were rebuilding the house). So we sat under the little gazebo and the heavens opened raining cats and dogs! It was so funny and we had to keep using a broom handle to get rid of the water gathering before it collapsed. Clive and Sarah were staying with us and had been out for the day so they arrived back to find a family party in full swing despite the weather so they just pulled up a couple of chairs and joined in! It has been a topic of conversation many times in the intervening years about how much fun it was so I am sure that a little rain won’t put us off if the weather does change. {smiling}

Hopefully we won’t have an influx of wasps now as Kevin found two more nests, another in the quarry and one in the muck heap in the top paddock. If you count the two nests found at our close neighbours then up to now there have been a total of nine nests found in the past couple of weeks. It had got to the stage that we couldn’t even open windows or doors because of the sheer volume of wasps. Hopefully this will ease up as we said yesterday we don’t mind a few wasps as they are a part of life in the summer yet the volume this year has been unmanageable. Well enough about wasps and I will just respond to your post here dear {{elfina}} which you left in the July string yesterday. Thought it was easier to just continue here in the new string so here we go. {Smile}

awww what a lovely gesture by your husband – he is such a sweetie isn’t he? {smile}. It didn’t surprise me one bit though I have to say as I had a feeling that this would be the case and I am so glad that it was. {smiling} The rings sound absolutely beautiful and I am sure that you will enjoy them just as much as the originals. Do we have to put sunglasses on now because you and they will be sparkling so much? {grin} I do hope that the rain eases up for you sweetie as it is so disheartening at times even though water is a necessity otherwise we wouldn't have the gardens and flowers yet moderation is the key isn’t it? {smile} I am sure you are not turning into a wrinkly either! {laughing} I hope that you wake up today to sunshine and blue skies and that you have a wonderful weekend… from the feel of your energies in your post yesterday you will just sparkle through anyways no matter what the weather..{smiling} sending love and {{{big warm hugs}} across the Pond to you dear friend {smile}

{{diana}}} I will put another post in the healing string a little later as I think we need to send a serious boost of energies to Jacqui. In the meantime hope all is well with you and the family and sending out love and {{{hugs}}} to you across the Pond also {smile}

Goodness I have just seen the time and need to go and make a start on my morning. Must admit the dogs are very patient with me as they wait for me to finish here before their breakfast time so I won’t make them wait much longer now {smile}

Will look in later… til then wishing everyone a lovely Saturday {smile}

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Good morning dear friends {Smile}

Just popping in briefly to wish everyone a good start to their week and I will sit and write a longer post once I have completed my usual morning tasks {Smile}

The barbeque went very well and it was lovely to have the grandchildren here with their bouncing energies {smile} I can't believe how fast they progress in a couple of weeks! Little Archie can articulate sentences now and little Scarlet is walking! {Smile} I have taken some pics yesterday so must get them downloaded on the computer and will pop a couple in here in the next day or so.

Remembered yesterday that we are building up to the Lunar eclipse on Wednesday which will be energising 14 degrees of Leo and Aquarius so affecting my 7th house and also Pluto/Ceres at 14 Leo.

This is an Appulse eclipse and is a little weaker than a Total or Partial Lunar Eclipse, but it still can potentially pack a punch on physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels. We can send out healing prayers and thoughts to uplift family members, friends, humanity and the kingdoms of nature. We can also think more about our higher destiny as a soul and spirit on Planet Earth than what we feel we need to receive personality-wise from others.

think I should write that bit out and put it on a post it on my screen here to remind me as Babs is arriving on Wednesday for a visit and sometimes her and Paul get into, shall we say, rather heated exchanges from time to time. I do hope this is not one of them and sending out a little request to the Universe to help make it so. {smile}

On that note, looking at the time I must go and make a start on my day. I hope all are well and leaving a {{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter...

with love always

mermaid...xxx

Mermaid I'm so glad the barbeque went well and that the weather cooperated for you. I had the girls this weekend and it poured buckets on Sunday all day long. Today was a pretty day and the girls played outside under the sprinklers and we had a pretty tea party and princess dress up day. Now for my wonderful surprise. I have a special place where I keep the girls princess dress up jewerly. Today was the first time we used the jewerly in about 3 weeks. As soon as I opened the case I spotted a little green bag with a ring box in it.....and miracle of miracles it was my old diamond. I don't know for the life of me how it got into the girls costume jewerly case and I am almost certain I did not put it there. I was stunned at the discovery. Anyway I had to tell Pat and his reaction was priceless. He said it was all right and why didn't I have a neckless made from my original diamond. How lucky I am to have him, he is a keeper.

Denise just picked up the girls and Pat is at his gold league, so I am going to go curl up on the couch and watch TV and bask in the peace and quiet.

Good night friends.****

Liz, I'm glad that the barbeque went well and will look forward to seeing some of the pics {smile}

Elfina, what beautiful "replacement" it sounds like that Pat gave you. And an added bonus to find your old engagement ring so that you an have a new piece of jewelry fashioned from the diamond. What a sweetheart your husband is.

Kermit, hoping you are feeling better my friend, and that you let us know soon how you're doing.

Off to work here, hoping all have a good week.

Love,
Diana

Hello dear friends

I am just popping in briefly to ask you to send out some energies as our dear friend Clive (Clive and Sarah) died today. Sarah is devastated as are we... I will write more tomorrow as at least I was able to speak with him earlier today. I have lost a best friend....

love to All

mermaid...xxx

Oh Mermaid, I am so sorry for your loss. Over the years you have spoken of their visits so many times. I just know how close your friendship was. I will keep Sarah in my prayers as she must be devistated by his passing.

Oh Liz, I'm so sorry to hear of Clive's sudden passing. I know how close he was to you and if must be a shocking and terribly painful loss.

Sending out waves of loving energy to you sweetie, and to Sarah as well who must be incredibly devastated and in shock.

Asking the Sparrowhawk to guide Clive gently across the Rainbow Bridge, that he will be greeted there by known loved ones and be able to make a quick adjustment to ~Home~

Love you,
Diana

Liz,

Very very sorry to hear about Clive. You'd previously mentioned some health issues, but this seems very sudden. Aww.. know how much time you have spent with both him and Sarah over the years.

Love and Hugs to You and Paul and sending healing thoughts towards Sarah...

Will wait to hear more when things have settled.

Hello dear friends {Smile}

{{{elfina, diana and Robynne}}} Thank you so much for your thoughts and loving energies, bless you they are working a treat. Clive was the brother I never had and it has been a very challenging week to say the least though must admit the energies sent have helped. I do need to go shopping shortly as didn;t do it yesterday so will be back later on with a longer post.

As I don't think I will be back before you are up in your mornings across the Pond and gone to bed Down Under I thought I would leave a {{warm thank you hug}}} to you {{all}} {smile}

Til later... much love always

mermaid...xxx

Good Sunday Morning. Mermaid I hope you are doing well and coping with the loss of your dear friend.
It is never easy losing a loved one and friends are just as close to us as family sometimes. Holding you and Paul daily in my thoughts and prayers.

It's been a busy week for me I had the girls here for a few days and Pat bought a "new" used boat. It is a 17 foot inboard/outboard and in very good condition. We took it out on Oneida Lake the other day for the first time and had to come right back in as the lake was to choppy. Our lake is treacherous in the wind. Anyway it ran great for the short time we had it out. We plan to take it up the canal on the next nice rain free day and give it a real test drive. Our canal system here is really something. I live right off the Erie canal. It has a great history and is interesting to travel. Although now it is called the Barge canal as parts of the old Erie are now closed. Paul might be interested in it's history at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erie_Canal
I wish you could come and visit it someday.

It looks like today is going to be stormy on and off. It will be a do nothing kind of day for me. Perhaps I'll finish the book I've been reading or start to get the house ready for my sisters visit next weekend. I am looking forward to her visit with her hubby and 2 girls. Abby and Emma are 16 and 13 now hard to believe they are growing up so fast. I have to plan something interesting for them to do. Abby just finished a week at CSI camp which is a Crime Scene Investigation camp. I can't believe they have that kind of camps now. When I was young it was just summer camp in the woods with swimming and archery etc. Now they stay at college dorms and learn about careers.

Kermit, I hope you are feeling lots better today. Waving to the room and wishing you each a great day.

1 2 3