Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Posts for September 2009

Good morning dear friends {smile}

Just splashing through to start the string for September - I will endeavour to post here whilst away on the boat though if that is not possible then will be back on the 12th September.

So til I can post again leaving a {{{warm group hug}}} to {{all}} who may enter....

with love always

mermaid...xxx

Re: Posts for September 2009

Hello dear friends {smile}

I wrote up a post earlier ~live~ and then managed to lose it all so this is being done in a word document so at least I can save it. [smile}

Well here we are on the boat and moored up alongside at Fleet Dyke.as the wind is too strong for us to be at anchor. think we would be spining round the anchor rope and getting a bit dizzy in the process! {smile} Well I say anchor yet it is a mud weight really rather than a sea anchor so we wouldn't trust it in these kind of winds. At least being alongside it means that I can usually get some kind of a signal to get online so hopefully will be able to get this post in.

We got away late morning and after a little delay once we got to Potter Heigham to pick up the boat then we were away by 2.45pm and then moored alongside here late afternoon. Everything is now unpacked and organised and I thought I would pop a little post in here whilst I am able to.

I think we will be here for about 24 hours as the weather forecast is not brilliant so we can keep the boat here and then do a little exploring on foot around South Walsham Broad.as there is a rather nice 150 acre water garden to explore as well.

Anyways will pop this post in now as I need to think about dinner. I hope that all are well as it has been quite here in the board so probably means we are all busy busy as usual. {smile} Will look in as and when internet connect permits and when I pop this post in then will see if I an save the posts to sit and respond to offline.

Leaving a {{{warm group hug}}}} to {{all}} who may enter...

with love always

mermaid...xxx

Mermaid, so sorry the weather was not cooperating for you. May the rest of the week be as nice there as it is here. I hope you faired well the past 2 days.

Yesterday we took the boat out on the lake and it was really calm and Pat had a chance to see how fast it would go. I was bitting my nails but the boat handled well and Pat enjoyed a bit of speed. We then docked at the canal at the last space available. We were able to go ashore for a lovely lunch. We then took a long slow ride up the barge canal which was so relaxing. Tomorrow we might take the boat up to the Salmon River for the day and take the girls out with us. Our weather has been perfect this week for the first time in a long time.

It is Labor Day weekend here in the states which means most everyone has Monday off. For us it is just another lazy day. Retirement has it's perks for sure.

Hello dear friends {smile}

Thought I would write up another post whilst we are at anchor on Salhouse Broad and Paul has taken himself off for a little sail inthe sailing dinghy {smile}

It was certainly rough weather for the first few days though the wind has finally abated from the gale force ones we had Tuesday through Friday morning. We moved the boat finally on Friday and went and moored on the river near Salhouse Broad (which is one of our favourites) as it was still too gusty to drop an anchor. Today (Saturday) the weather has been much better and so now we are at anchor for the night. Must admit I did feel a little nervous as it has been so windy and we only have mud anchors rather than the full seaworthy ones yet Paul says it will be fine so I do trust him on that {smile}

My internet connection is a bit ~leary~ as we swing around so hopefully I wil get a least a little something able to be posted in the board.

{{elfina}} sounds as though we are both messing about on boats at the moment doesn't it? {smile} I hope that you have a lovely time of it with your girls and am sure that they will really enjoy it (little Pisces that they are} {smile} It is also lovely to read that you are having some good weather for a change! It is supposed to get warmer for the rest of the week so that will be nice as it really felt like autumn these past few days I must admit (especially with the gales).

We had an offer in already for Mother's apartment yet the agent still has other people wanting to view it so will wait and see what happens on that before making any decisions. In any event I would have to check with Babs before accepting any offers and currently she is holidaying in Prague doing the culture bit! {chuckle}

There was a beautiful Full Moon last night (on our Wedding Anniversay) and it was a lovely quiet night as well so we were able to appreciate it {smile} Sheesh I keep getting bounced offline at the moment so it is just as well that I am writing this up in a word document methinks! {smile}

We had our bank Holiday weekend at the end of August so it was last Monday that was the public holiday. Today we went for a walk at St Benets Abbery (or rather the ruins of it). We have motored past it so many times and said we must go alongside and take a walk there that finally we did it today! Then we had lunch alongside there before heading off to our mooring where we are right now.{smile}

Well I think I will try and pop this post in and then answer a couple of emails that I need to do before switching off the laptop as am running it on the boats batteries at the moment so I had best not totally drain them out! {grin}

I hope that everyone is well and that you are all having a lovely weekend over the other side of the Pond. Leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{{all}} who may enter until I am able to post again. Hopefully it won't be too long... {smile}

love always

mermaid xxx

Just a little note to say Hi. I am hoping that by now the weather there has calmed down and that you have had some clear sailing. Our weather here has been the best of the summers with warm sunny days and cool clear nights. My grand daughers went back to school yesterday and we will now settle into our fall mode. I won't have them for dinner that often as the girls have to go to bed early and they live a little distance from here. Johns house is being started today, it is going to be slow going for awhile as we still haven't got all the contractors committments yet. Sara came yesterday and we had a lovely visit. It is the first time we have spent time alone together and I find her to be a really nice person. She will make John a good wife.

Diana I hope all is well with your parents. How are the wedding plans coming along?
Kermit, thanks for your e mails, hope you are feeling lots better. Scooter sends his love too.

***Waving to the rest of the room***.
Have a relaxing time dear Mermaid.

{{{elfina}}} just splashing through to say it was lovely to read your post. should think you will find it a little strange not having the girls around so much. The holiday is going well and we have been very lucky with the weather since those first few days. Paul has done quite a lot of sailing with the dinghy which he always enjoys and which has meant that we have been at anchor a lot so not always easy to get online.

Right now we are tied up alongside on a mooring as he wants to watch the football tonight so I have taken the opportunity to hop online and check emails etc. Thanks heavens too for the notifications from Bravenet when there are posts in here {smile}

Sounds as though your future daughter in law is meeting with your full approval there {smiling} I hope that it doesn;t take too long for their house to be built especially before the onset of winter. Does it take very long to build a house over there?

I hope that Diana is ok and that her Dad is ok so will also go on the saying that no news is good news. Sending out a thought wave for her to pop in here and leave a little one-liner to let us know how things are with them all.

Thank you again dear {{elfina}} for popping in as it seems that everyone is way too busy with their own ~nows~ at the moment doesn't it? Sending you a {{{ig warm hug}} across the Pond and hope to get in here again before we leave for home on Saturday. I must admit that although we are having a lovely holiday and rest it will be lovely to sleep in my own bed again! {smile}

{{kermit}} I hope you are ok sweetie... pop a line in here when you are able please {little nag}} and a {{{big hug}} together with some {{healing energies}}} being sent to you also {smile}

Well that is it for now as I need to go and make a start on some cooking! I hope that {{all}} are well and will be back as and when my internet connection here on the boat permits... til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter....

with love always

mermaid...xxx

I am now a grandpa.

My grand daughter Elexi was born today @ 2:09 P.M. here in Orlando.

She weighed in @ 8lb 1oz

09/09/09 is a good day!

Just splashing through quickly to leave {{{warm congratulations}}} for you dear {{rick}} and welcome to Planet Earth to little {{{Elexi}}}}. I will do her chart in the next few days {smile} Til then hope Mother is doing well and we want to see a picture in here soon!

I will be getting the pics of little Darcy off the camera soon - most likely once we are home so we can have more baby pics in here! {smile}

Have to shut down the computer now as we will be making a move... so til later wishing all who enter a lovely day and leaving a {{{warm group hug}}} and another {{special hug}} for {{Granpa Rick}}! {smile}

much love always

mermaid...xxx

Congratulations Grandpa Rick, Elexi is such a lucky little girl to have such a great birthday 09/09/09.
She is going to capture your heart I am sure, just as all little girls do. Wishing her a happy healthy life.

Oh the joys of broadband again! {smile}

Just a line to say we are now back at home and once I am unpacked etc then will be back to write up a longer post. {smile}

Of course we couldn't forget that it is dear {{rick's}} birthday today so want to wish you a

and I hope that your new Solar Year brings you all you could wish for and more! {smile} Mind you it seems that you have started it in style with the new addition to your family doesn't it? {smile} In any event I hope that you have a great day today! {{{birthday hugs}}}} {Smile}

We have company tomorrow and Monday so I will at least get something posted here before they arrive later on the the morning. Til then I hope everyone is well and having a good weekend, (especially the birthday grandpa!} {smiling}

love always

mermaid...xxx

Regretfully I didn't get my post written up and the visitors are due any minute now so just popping in to wish all a very Happy Sunday. {smile} Our visitors will leave tomorrow so by Tuesday I should have some long overdue time to myself. til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{{all}} who may enter...

with love always

mermaid...xxx

1 2 3 4