Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Posts for November 2009

Good morning dear friends {smile}

Just splashing through to start the string for November on this Sunday morning.. {smile} I will be back later once I have finished going through the posts in October that I want to respond to. Til then wishing everyone a very happy Sunday and leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter {smile}

with love always

mermaid...xxx

Re: Posts for November 2009

2 months more of this year-I wonder what they will bring ?
It seems to me it is "expect the unexpected".
Still we must always look forward and not back.

Mermaid,you and Babs must feel completely drained after the stress of the past few months;I'm so glad that it has been sorted out to your satisfaction.
Also that nasty scare about your health hasn't been as bad as you thought.

Diana, More healing being sent to you Dad and all your family,wonderful that he is making good progress with those blood platelets.

Kermit,our pack send their best to BomBobbie.They are missing one of their mates-Annie had to go for her annual checkup,so Harry is whining,misses her!
All the best for you and your health,

love Maggy

Yesterday I wrote a nice long post with pictures and everything...when I clicked the back button to edit it I messed up and lost the whole darn thing.
Issues with Johns house are getting stronger everyday. We are having difficulty with the power company which is causing a lot of stress. Stress
equates to illness with Pat and he had to go to the Doctor yesterday. He is on antibiotics for an infected boil on his thigh and he has a pinched nerve in his neck.
The doctor said he could go on the trip Thursday but has to be back in his office next week. Blood work tomorrow for both of us.
Florida can't come quick enough for me. Had a lovely dinner with John and Sara last night for my birthday. Sara starts a new job this week so cannot be with
us tomorrow for a family party. We will be going to one of my favorite steak houses tomorrow which is owned by a friend of ours. I have had many great birthday dinners there over the years. This birthday (# 63) has got me feeling quite a bit down. I can feel age creeping up on me quickly this year. I suppose what I really need is some sunshine to help this feeling pass. I have to remind myself how lucky I am to have 2 wonderful places to live. Well I see it is almost lunch time so I better got get Pat's lunch he has to eat before he can take another pill. Waving to the room and sending you all my love. **********

Hello again dear friends {smile}

I have been doing a mega catch up at home with all the outstanding stuff that has piled up in my absence together with putting Mother’s stuff around the house and integrating it with our own things. It has all worked very well really. Paul has been home also so it has not made it easy to sit and do some writing either.

Anyways without any further ado am going to go through the posts as I know there are some from October that I also want to respond to. Hopefully now that I am getting back into a routine here (albeit a winter one with the afternoons getting dark and the early mornings dark also) then I should soon be back into the swing of things here and able to plan out my days a bit better than I have been doing in recent times. At least I have caught up on sleep and energies now which is great and hoping that the Universe lets me hang onto them for a while as well! {grin}

{{{elfina}}} I hope that {[Pat]} is feeling a lot better and less stressed and hopefully you can both catch up with yourselves when you go down to Florida for the winter. It seems your summer has just zoomed by as well doesn’t it – in fact life has generally stepped up a pace or three – I thought it was supposed to slow down as we get older? Somehow something has gone a bit awry regarding that adage! {chuckle} Have just seen your latest post where you lost one – that must be infuriating! I always write up long posts in word and even when I do a short one I usually copy it to the memory just “in case” it goes haywire. Sending out some calming energies and I wrote about the florida bit before seeing this latest post from you so must have been picking up on your energies somewhat methinks {{{hugs}}} I did a double take re your birthday dinner as knew it was tomorrow (the 4th) so thought I was stating to have senior moments! {laughing} Aww I hope you don’t feel ~down~ about your age sweetie as we can’t stop it happening can we? I do hope that Pat is feeling better with all the stress and the pinched nerve. As you say (and I said up there) it will be much better when you two are back in Florida and the kids can get on with things themselves. {smile} In the meantime you just enjoy your birthday sweetie and put your feet up whilst Pat is away as well and recover your own energies. {{{more hugs}}}

I loved the outfit for your Halloween party and you would both have made a striking couple… hope you both enjoyed yourselves and that Pat was able to switch off from the house and things.

Talking of Halloween …

{{diana}}} we don’t have trick or treating near to us though I think they do it in the towns a bit more… as we are in the middle of nowhere with no young children nearby (and those that do wouldn’t like to meet up with our wolfpack~ we don’t have to have the ~treats~ handy! {grin} It is lovely to know that I won’t have to be on the motorways every month travelling to Mother’s and the heavy work load there though it did feel strange when we closed the door for the last time. When we were both driving away I was talking to Babs on our cellphones (we both have hands free) and when we came to some ttraffic lights she noticed that we had a ~red kite~ {hark} flying in front of us – it did a circle and then flew away – I have never seen them there before (as this is on the edge of a large town) so we thought that was a lovely sign.. I meant to mention it to you before.

So good to hear that your Dad is improving and have been continuing to send out energies to him. I have been able topop in and read the posts then when I was starting to write I would get interrupted.. either by telephone, two leggeds or fourleggeds! {chuckle} I hope that the person who tried to suicide has had second thoughts about it now and that he won’t keep trying. As you say it must bea point of desperation indeed if they feel the only alternative to life is ending it. I sent out energies to him when I was reading your post about it.
How is your friend Suzie doing? Having walked that path before if there is anything I can do to help then please let her know.. in the meantime I have been sending {{energies}} her way as well.

{{{kermit}} I do hope that you are feeling lots better dear friend {{{hugs}}} Think ole Saturn has probably been doing a number on your sweetie as the ole taskmaster has been opposing our suns hasn’t he. Thankfully he has now shifted off into Libra thank heavens so hopefully life can ease up somewhat. Sending some {{{healing energies}} your way sweetie and hope you and {{Bobby}} are doing ok {{{hugs}}}

{{{Robin}}} I do hope that you are managing well and have been thinking of you and sending out {{energies}} across the Pond.

{{{robynne}} hope you have the computer fixed now sweetie and yes wemusthave a long overdue catch up. Will have to figure out the time difference now that all the lclocks have changed (ours to winter and yours to summer)… in the meantime hope you and Greg are well together with the children and grandchildren.. sending you a {{{big warm hug}}} down under {smile}

{{{maggy}}} was lovely to see your post the other day and hope that you are now recovered and will soon be back to normal after your nasty fall. At least Dan knows how you have been feeling with him having done it first. All is well here and the dogs are fine though Shula is being a little monster with trying to beat up the big boys and poor Kirri as well. Paul took them out this afternoon and she was charging at Noosa so fast that she completely bowled him over – and he weighs in at around 48 kilos and she is about 30! Babs and I were absolutely shattered last week though now we are both regaining energies thank goodness {smile} Your saying about dog check up reminds me that the pups need their booster injections so I must get that organised tomorrow. I got Noosa and Chakhotay done before I went to Reading so it will be pups turn this week. I am so glad that I can get back to more of a normal routine here (though am not quite sure what normal is at the moment!) {smile} I have to get back to the doctor for more blood tests in the next week or so though have been putting it off til I am caught up here I must admit. At least the surgery shows nothing untoward in that particular area {Smile} I think the enzyme count was high because of stress so hopefully will be proved right on that score. Hope that you and Dan are now fitter and looking forward to your summertime … sending you both a {{warm hug}} Down Under together with some {{healing energies}}} to speed up your recovery {smile}

I hope that this post isn’t too garbled as I so desperately wanted to go through and respond to individual posts and I also hope that I haven’t missed anyone out…. If I have then you know it would not have been intentional. I have to go and get wolfpack fed so will pop this post in with the hope that {{all}} are well. Will be back tomorrow when we will be having a little birthday party in here for dear {{{elfina}}} so til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter...

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Dear Elfine,

I hope that you enjoy your birthday as I see that it is 4th November today .

VERY MANY HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY, DEAR FRIEND.

Sorry to hear about all the hassles re John's new home,and sure hope that all will be resolved very soon.

Let's hope that Pat will be soon over all the stress
and enjoying his time away. BTW Have you tried giving him some massage with tiger balm or the equivelent, I think it should help.

Mermaid,
Been thinking of you and sending some healing over the ditch to you .

I am walking with a stick now,a bit 'ouch',but can go Ok.For the supermarket,it is still the sit down 4 wheelie !!!

Dan passed his driving assessment,but has to be retested in 6 months. . We are very happy about that,alto' still finds it sore to turn his neck to the left side,but manages.

love Maggy

Happy Birthday {{{elfina}}}}

Today's the day! {smile}

Happy birthday dear {{elfina}}}

I hope that you have a wonderful day dear friend celebrating it in style with your loved ones around you. {smile}

May this Solar Return bring you all you could wish for and more. {{{hugs}}}

love always

mermaid...xxx

Re: Happy Birthday {{{elfina}}}}

Leaving off deep-felt ~~Happy Birthday Wishes~~ to you Elfina.

May the year ahead be illuminated with the light of divine blessings.

May you be wrapped in the warmth of the love of friends and family.

And may you daily open the gifts of good health and security.

Love,
Diana

Thanks for the wonderful birthday wishes dear friends. I had a great birthday dinner out with the family. My grand daughters were a little tired but stayed awake through the meal. I got some really nice presents and cards and phone calls from my family far away. The restaurant owners bought us the first round of drinks and they had a lovely chocolate cake for me. It was an early night because the girls were tired and my guys had to get up early.

Pat and John left at 6 o'clock this morning for a 5 day trip. I hope they have a great time. They have been at each others throats during this whole business of house building. This get away should be just the thing to bring them back to normal again. They have been looking forward to this trip for awhile now. I am already lonely and wondering what to do with my time. I have projects planned but just don't have the energy to do any of them today. I've taken 2 walks with Scooter so far. It has started to rain so I can't do the yard work I had planned. There is a forecast for snow tonight and I hope it will be a very light snow fall if any. I am just not ready for snow yet this season.

Dear {{{elfina}}}}

After all the stress of the past few months then you just take some time out for the next few days to catch up with yourself and rest and recover your own energies! Make the most of being busy doing nothing as you will soon be packing and heading South. {smile} Sending some big {{{hugs}}}across the Pond sweetie and so glad that you enjoyed your birthday.

I have had a really busy day today with gardening and leaf raking and bagging and then Paul and I did our weekly shop this afternoon as we have company tomorrow evening. Paul's sister Penny (together with her husband) is coming to see the children and grandchildren and us. She will see Emma, Dan and Scarlet tomorrow afternoon, then overnighting with us then will see Ollie and Emma and the little ones on Saturday morning before returning back to Kent. Talk about a flying visit! {chuckle}

Paul is off to play golf tomorrow so I will run some more errands in the morning as I need to pick up dog food and sheep food (now we have the human food in) {Smile}

Will write some more tomorrow... I need to go clear up the kitchen and then off to make an early night of it. til tomorrow... leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter...

with love always

mermaid...xxx

Elfina, I'm glad you had an enjoyable birthday. I imagine all of the stress of the house building was bound to catch up to your guys sooner or later, so here's hoping that they have a safe and enjoyable journey.

Liz, as always your life is busy but just sending out the thought/hope/wish that you get some time in for yourself to recharge your batteries as it has been quite the year for you as well as for dear Elfina.

Dad continues to progress, and am very thankful to you dear friends here for your energies and prayers sent on his behalf.

Don showed up without prior notice a couple of weeks ago so that was quite a surprise to say the least. He has started to attend to some things needing to be taken care of, so that's good and I'm hopeful he will make the most of this transitional time. I know it can't be easy for him as we had to put him in the 4th bedroom and there's only a single sized bed in there, yet it certainly beats sleeping on the couch or the car methinks.

The weather has been up and down and all over the place temperature wise here {laughing} Don't think it can make its mind up as to if it's autumn or summer so we fluctuate between low 90s and mid 70s while it sorts it out! It is lovely though to be enjoying the cooler temps.

Wishing all who enter a peaceful weekend.

Love,
Diana

Boy am I tired, I just got home from babysitting my grand daughters all weekend.
Denise called early Friday afternoon to say that 2 of her waitresses and the baby sister were sick and she needed me to watch the girls. Thankfully I packed clothes enough because I stayed almost the whole weekend. It was nice spending time with the girls but if I saw another cartoon I was going to burst. I got them to play outside as much as possible so with the fresh air and sunshine.I was tired out as was Scooter. Their cat and Scooter did not get along well so we had issues all weekend with the cat tormenting Scooter and him chasing her whenever she came into the room. Scooter and I slept on the couch
and I am sure looking forward to my own bed this evening. I haven't done any of the chores I set for myself for this weekendso tomorrow will be a busy day for me. I cannot wait for Pat to come home on Tuesday night.

I hope your visit with your sister in law and the children and babies went well this weekend Mermaid. You must have been a very busy lady for sure.

Diana, I hope your brother is finding life a little bit less challenging now that he is home.

Our weather this weekend has been beautiful and in the high 60's which is unusal for this time of year. It snow on Friday so yesterday and today were a bonus. I see there is a hurrincane approaching in the Gulf of Mexico I hope it is a mild one and it dosen't cause any damage. It would have been great to get past a hurrincane season this year with no hurricanes in the gulf. The season offically ends at the end of November. I really don't want to get to Florida and have one hit near us. Keeping my fingers crossed for beautiful weather when I get there.

Waving to the room and wishing you all a nice relaxing week ahead. *****

1 2 3 4