Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6
Author
Comment
Posts for October and November 2010

Hello dear friends {smile}

Just starting the string for October and November posts. I can't believe it is the end of the week let alone the start of a new month! {smile}

Paul has been working from home most of this week though today is the start of the Ryder Cup so I think he might be at the other end of the house! {smile}

{{elfina}} think your Pat might be the same don't you? bless them {smile} I do hope the news from your mother is not too serious and will be sending out more {{healing energies}} to her today together more extra ones for you. {{hugs}}}

Will be back in a little while... til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}}} to {{all}} who may enter and sending out {{healing}} to those who need it....

with love always

mermaid...xxx

Re: Posts for October and November 2010

Hello again dear friends {smile}

There must be something going on in the Universe re site hosting because now my BT site is down (though not just for me but for everyone else) and has been for the past three days. I found a Bt Forums page today where they have been talking about it and now BT have been made aware so perhaps that will be up and running again soon. {Smile}

I decided to refresh the Healing string this morning as there is so much going on with friends and family at the moment so we can gather our thoughts and send out some {{healing}} to those who need it.

I am starting again with my ~catch up~ in responding to posts as it is taking too long to try and edit… so here we go.. {smile}

{{{elfina}}} I hope that you have enjoyed your visit with your friends and that all is going as well as can be expected with your {{mom}}. Seems to be a lot happening with parents at the moment that is for sure… I do understand how worried you must be as it is always difficult when a parent is ill and you live far away from them. I hope that you will have had some news about her by now and that you can pop in here and let us know what is happening. I hope that you managed to get all your email stuff sorted out… you were not the only one who was compromised as I have had messages from other yahoo.com users to have had a similar problem though now resolved. Our weather is diabolical today and I think the summer is now well and truly over. High winds and heavy rain… it brought the golf to a standstill today as well even though they are over in the West. We just have the whole of the UK covered in heavy downfalls of rain right now. Am sending out a little thought wave for you to call in here soon and leaving a {{{warm hug}} for you….

{{Maggy}} First of all thank you for leaving the info about Jayme’s mum and I have left a message today for her on her facebook page. Good to read that you and Dan are in good spirits and all is well with you both. I have noticed the last few mornings that we have been online together as when I have been writing up a post and go to post it then you have just got in there before me! {grin} It is quite nice to know that we are both around at the same time. {smile} thank goodness that you are not thinking about nursing homes for Dan… it is sometimes quite easy to misunderstand things and I am very happy that it has been clarified {smile}

{{Diana}}} I do hope that all goes well with finances for your proposed purchase of your new home. Sounds as though it will be the perfect situation for you and Ed to have Loralee there in her own little place as well so that she doesn;thave to feel alone and you and Ed can also have your space when you need it. {smile} I am sending out {{{positive energies}}} together with a little request to the Universe to help make it so for you all. I loved reading about your dreamtime experiences with your Dad and agree that it was a lovely message to you from him that all is well., bless him and thank you so much for sharing. {{{hugs}}}

{{Hathor}}} thank you for bringing an update on dear {{{Jan/Northwind}}} though it doesn’t look too good for her bless her {{Jan hugs}}} I am sending you some {{energies}} sweetie and have also put a note in the healing string for you as well for all those who are having challenging times. I know you are going through difficult times as well and this will only increase them so please do call back again soon as you know we are here for you. {{{hugs}}}

{{{robynne}}} I did so enjoy reading your post and it was just as though I was sat next to you by your computer! {smiling} Yup you know exactly how it is as I was back into the work stuff here with a vengeance though the boat trip was good and a lovely rest. {smile} So good to hear that Greg and Jase have now got employment as that must have been a worrying time for you all. It has been a long time coming hasn’t it? Now that is fascinating regarding your geneology cos Burstall is just up the road from us! Paul drives through there every day on his way to work! Sending out a thought for you to have a lottery win and then you can come over for a visit and perhaps do a bit of family tracing at the same time! {Smile} If I can do anything to help in the meantime just let me know…. In the meantime sending a {{{group family hug to you {{all}}}

{{{kermit}}} Hope all is well with you sweetie and nice to receive the round robin emails as it lets me know you are about even if you are having a little break from posting here. I am taking time out for me though probably not as much as I should as am gradually getting caught up with things. Paul and I are going to take a little trip on the 17th October (as he has to travel north for business) so that will be nice as we will have a couple of days in the Lake District (where we went a few years ago) and then up to Scotland and home again. So I won’t be able to do anything too strenuous for a few days that’s for sure (apart from be driven about)! {grin}

Well I think I will pop this post in as I need to go and shut the long paddock gates as the sheep have come up because of the rain. Then I don’t have to worry in the morning and the dogs can also have a little run outside to get wet! {smile}

Will look in later… til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter…

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Hope that all are having a good weekend.

Yesterday, Ed, my dear friend Janelle (she's more like a sister really) and myself drove out to look at the property we're considering buying. We set out early, stopped and had breakfast on the way there and caught up on each others busy lives.

After breakfast we headed out to the property which was about a 30 minute drive from our present home (and would be about a 35 minute commute to my work site). The drive itself was fine, freeway for the majority of the way and although there was a large shopping center less than 2 miles from the location, the surrounding area is still farmland, mostly cotton.

When we pulled up to the property my first reaction was of disappointment, the lawns and trees were in quite a state of disarray. Talking with Ed and Janelle though, it was pointed out that the irrigation to the land had been cut off for some time and that once the irrigation was allowed back on, the property would spring back to life. The surrounding trees appeared mostly healthy with the exception of one Mulberry which would need to be removed. There was a lovely Eucalyptus tree, several pine trees, birch, a gardenia tree as well as 2 orange trees, a pecan tree and a couple pomegranate bushes. The back yard was awash with at least half of the trees creating a beautiful shaded area, and beyond that was another acre of land that had been used for horses but we would convert it into vegetable and vine crops.

As for the house itself . . . mixed reactions here. The interior is quite lovely with very nice tile work and good condition. The exterior needs a good paint job. The guest home is attached to the main house but with a private entrance and comes complete with its own efficiency kitchen. The biggest hesitation is we want to know more about the wiring and plumbing as there was no one present so we'll have to get more info that way. It was built back in the 70s so we just want to make certain everything is up to date and sturdy.

The energy of the property was what sucked me in {laughing} Maybe I'm just nature starved having lived in a city for too long, but being out there with no sound of traffic, listening to the abundant avian life and feeling the energy of the surrounding trees brought such peace!

Provided the wiring and plumbing are sound, I've a feeling that we will be purchasing it. Yes, it will require clean up and some work . . . but a year down the road, the rewards and benefits will all be worth it we believe.

When we got to the property there was a starving cat there. THe poor soul was in such a weakened state it could scarcely move but we ran to the nearby shopping center and purchased some dry and wet food for it. We left out 10lbs of dry food for it and opened several cans of cat food. I just couldn't believe that anyone could abandon a cat like that and leave it to starve! Thanks to the surrounding farms and their irrigation, there was plenty of water but we left a gallon worth of fresh water for her anyway. Monday, I'll be making a call to the local humane society to have the poor thing rounded up so they can nurse her back to health and hopefully adopt her out.

On the way home, I stopped at a fast food restaurant to use the bathroom and on the way back out had quite a nasty slip and fall. Someone had mopped the floor and hadn't bothered to place a sign out indicating it was wet! Bit stiff and sore today, black and blue around the knees but it was worth it to have the lovely time with Janelle and Ed.

Goodness, this has been quite a ramble! Best close for now {grin"

Love to all,
Diana

HI GUYS,

Sorry I have not been in touch, I too have been dealing with stuff. Fortunately not as deep or hard as our many friends.

Diana, property sounds good. I'm sure you'll enjoy fixing the property up once you know about the plumbing and... I wish you luck with it and PRAYING YOU'LL ARE DOING WELL. Hope your mom is doing well-not easy. Anyway B2 and myself are PRAYING AND SENDING LOADS OF {{{HEALING, PEACEFUL SUPER HUGS}}} gotta be super with B2 joining. :-)

Haggar, with ya dear friend; {{{LOADS O HEALING HUGS AND PRAYERS B2 SENDS HER SPECIAL ONES TO YA)))

JAN ole friend OUR {{{LOVING PEACE, HUGS AND LOADS OF HEALING PRAYERS FROM B2 AND ME}}}

Maggy, I think of you and Dan many times my FRIENDS {{{B2 AND ME SENDING LOADS OF HEALING HUGS AND PEACEFUL HEALING THOUGHTS}}}

Robynne, so good to hear all are happily WORKING. {{{HUGS AND PEACE TO ALL OF YOU}}}

Mermaid, I check my e mail each day but peter out to quick these days. I know Paul is happy now that youse guys are beating we colonials. LOVE YA FRIEND ENJOY. Ah you think I believe be resting, not today will I believe that. ENJOY, TAKE CARE {{{LOADS O HUGS FROM B2 AND ME}}}

LIGHT. LOVE & PEACE; Kermit and Friends +B2 and her special {{{licky licks and PAWSEY HUGS}}}

Good day Friends,
Diana, I am concerned about your fall and sorry that you hurt yourself.I hope you mentioned it to the staff at that restaurant afterwards before you left.
Because,as you know, that is a clear case of negligence ,and should your knees become damaged later on,you should sue them.Take a photo of your bruises to take to your solicitor just in case.

Your property to be looks and sounds lovely,some elbow grease(slang for hard work !) and checking ,and it will become yours I bet !Poor puss, rotten sods to leave the cat like that.

Kermie, Thank you for your lovely message and those really beaut forwards you send me-I love them.
love to you and BB2.

love and waving to all,
Maggy
PS-Dan can now walk up and down the passage with a walker-Xmas he is determined to do it by himself !!!

Hello dear friends {Smile}

Just popping in quickly before Neptune time to say sorry I have not been able to post. We have a house guest now for a few weeks - the daughter of one of our Australian friends so have been getting her room sorted out for her as it needed to be cleaned out and space made in wardrobes and cupboards etc.

I also took Chakhotay to see his consultant at Newmarket today and he is progressing well thank goodness. His next appointment is in December as he is improving so well. He had more injections in the eye and Claudie is really pleased with how his eye has improved and he has the sight back in it. {smile}

Will write more tomorrow as am fairly tired at the moment... so til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter...

with love always

mermaid...xxx

Just a little note to say Hi. I hope you are enjoying your company and are also enjoying some great fall weather as we are here this weekend. We had our first frost last night but it looks as if today will be another beautiful autumn day. It was supposed to be my sons wedding day which makes me a little sad. I now have to wait a whole year before the that takes place.

My Mother is recovering in a new nursing home where they have therapy for her speech and strength. She is doing well but will never be able to get back all she has lost. She will be 87 next month and tires so quickly. Perhaps she is getting ready to be with my Father.

I hope Chakhotay is responding to all the medication and is seeing clearer. Scooter is slowing down but still as active as a puppy on somedays.

I am still not back to my old self I have good days and bad days. We are going on a little trip to Atlantic City next week which should be fun.

I tried to post a while back but it didn't go through I hope it does this time.

Good morning dear friends {smile}

Well I don’t know where the time is going to as it is passing so quickly.
I am sorry that I haven’t posted in the board much this month as the days have been so busy and by the time the evening is here then I have just been too tired to do anything once we have had dinner. I think it would take me a couple of hours to sit and write just what has been happening here and I know I won’t have the time right now so suffice to say that the last few weeks have been fairly manic in places to say the least! {Smile}

We still have our house guest though she will be moving into her new accomodation over the weekend so that will be a lot easier for her as she won’t have a one and a half hour commute to work (the other side of Cambridge) which will be better for her. She has been staying with us until the house was ready. I have been getting little caught up outside getting in the last of the fruit in and the lawns mowed at long last. The apples are all picked and stored now and I have been catching up somewhat on stuff here in the house. The weather has been kind over the few weeks which meant that I could finally cut the lawns again which took an age as the grass had grown so long because of the huge amounts of rain we have had. The leaves are turning and dropping now though yet to make a start on leaf raking and blowing though that will be the next thing in the coming few weeks. {smile}

Babs arrived yesterday for a little visit before she is going to house sit for us as we will leave on Sunday for a trip to the north for five days. It is part business for Paul and part little break as we will also return to the Lake District where we visited a couple of years back. Will also be able to take the opportunity of meeting up with Sarah (dear clive’s partner) for a little while as well.

Paul has got himself a new (second hand) Jaguar XK8 sports car which he finally picked up yesterday after a couple of weeks of hiccups not the least of which was getting the insurance arranged. I won’t go into detail yet it involved me being on the phone for hours and finally just using a different insurance company yesterday so all is now well. It is a beautiful car and when the opportunity came up for him to buy it I said t him that he might as well go for it whilst we were still agile enough to be able to get in and out of it! {laughing} So we will take this northwards for the trip.

I am going to be out for much of today so I thought I would just pop this post in for now and I will get a little catch up to respond to posts before I leave on Sunday. In the meantime, I do hope that everyone is well as it has been so quiet in here. Isn’t it such wonderful news that the miners in Chile have all been brought up to the surface after so many days trapped underground – I sat and send out thanks to the Universe this morning when I switched on the news and they reported that everyone was now out of that mine.

OK will pop this post in as I need to go and make a start on my day (and I can hear people getting up) so til I return again am leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter…

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Hello dear friends

I have been getting organised packing for the trip and thank heavens {{Babs}} is here with me so it has been making the decisions as to what to take a lot easier. {Smile} The forecast is perhaps for snow in the north next week so the car will be having a good test run then..{smile} I bought a new winter coat yesterday so that will be going with me as well.

I have left a little message in the ~healing string~ as dear {{Hathor}} received news about her beloved friend {{Jan/Northwind}}} who has now sadly returned home across the Rainbow Bridge. Am sitting here sending out {{energies}} to both {[Hathor}} and {{Northwind's family}} as I write...

Will be back later tonight as I have to go and run errands and then sort out some more tasks to complete. So til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter...

with love always

mermaid...xxx

Mermaid I hope that you enjoy your trip and have a wonderful time. Pat and I are leaving in the morning for Atlantic City and some fun. I love the hot tub, sauna and pool at the hotel we are staying at. Going to win hopefully. Pat's birthday is Friday so we will come home late Thursday to spend his birthday with Denise as it is her birthday too. I still haven't figured out what kind of gift to get him.

Tell Paul he just brought the car of my dreams. I wish him great luck and joy with it. We are in the market soon for a new car. We might buy it in Florida and drive it back here in the spring.

My Mother is still in the nursing home. She did have a stroke and is having trouble regaining some of her vision and her speech pattern is not right yet. She has all her words but she rushes through them so that they all become one or she will hesitate and stammer for the word. We are going to visit her when we come back from our vacation. I talk to her every day on the phone.

Scooter is mad at me because we had to put him at the kennel today. He has a lovely room but has to share it with a cat who is caged on the other side of him. He is not that fond of cats.

I am not bringing my lap top with me this time.

Waving to the room and hoping all is well. Diana I hope you get that home and I am sure with a little work it will turn into the home of your dreams. I hope your Mom is coping all right with the loss of your father and you too.
Hathor once again I am sorry for the loss of your friend Jan.
Kermit...keep sending those e mails they are good one.

Well that's it for now, be back on the 22nd.

Hello dear friends {smile}

I am posting this from Paul's computer as mine seems to have a problem with the fan and horrible noises so am not risking loading it up. I meant to take it into Ipswich to have a new fan(s) fitted and it cleaned out so will have to do that on my return. i am taking my little netbook with me so hopefully might be able to write more when we are away though am not sure if the mobile connection will work because the cellphone access is not good in the Lake District. We shall see.

{{elfina}} have a lovely time away - we are back again on the thursday all being well {Smile}

I do hope all are well and sending out {{healing energies}} to those who need them and leaving a {{warm group hug}} til I am able to post again.

Til then....

love always

mermaid...xxx

1 2 3 4 5 6