Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4
Author
Comment
Posts for March/April 2011

Hello dear friends [smile}

Just popping in to start the new string as we are now in the two month format and today is the first day of March. {smile} I will write up a longer catch up post a bit later today so til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter...

with love always

mermaid...xxx

Re: Posts for March/April 2011

We all must be busy with Spring(fall)chores. They started to build our little screen porch yesterday so far all I have is 2 big holes in the ground and a cut up roof. They are delivering the materials now and my garage will be full of building material until it is done so the car will have to stay out.
I never though such a small job would need so much stuff to build.

My grand daughter Mackenzie turned 11 on the 1st and Emily will be 9 on the 4th. They are enjoying a week of parties. Emily will have her party at the ski lodge on Friday night where they are taking a group of girls skiing...my daughter is a brave one to go for that kind of party. Mackenzies party was last weekend at their other grandparents house where they spent the weekend. I miss them so much during the fun days of their lives.

I am slowly regaining a little more of the old me and even took a painting class on Monday. I have also lost 7 pounds which is a good start.

I had a very nice visit with my sister and her husband this past weekend. I was sorry to see her leave to go back north.

Liz, once again I'd like to tell you how sorry I am about Noosa. Scooter is aging quickly and I wonder how much longer he will be with us. He sleeps 90 percent of the time. The other 10% he is still quite active which is a good thing but he is slowing down on his food and he is losing some of his hearing. I
know that he is the last dog that I will ever own so I am trying to keep him with us as long as we can. I should have said the last dog that will every own me as he still rules the roost.

Kermit, I hope you enjoyed your birthday...they are fun days but as we age we sometimes wish the numbers could go the other way.

Well I'm off to start my day. Wishing you all a good day and an even better tomorrow.

Hello dear friends {Smile}

What a few weeks it has been, we are nearly at the end of the first week of March and I am sorry that I have not been in to post. It has been quite a busy week with getting caught up with things that went by the wayside. I know that I had put on my Facebook page that I had wept for the ~might have beens~ whilst accepting the ~what is~ and so have been returning to the ~what is~ and have been doing lots of things for the boat and garden and I finally caught up with the mountain of ironing as well! {smile}

I thought I would write up a little post this morning as I have to get some artwork sorted out for posters for the boat. I did the main Theme Night posters giving all the dates out yet the Tourist Office would like monthly ones so I must sit and work my way through at least the first few months once the boat starts her season at Easter.

We will be going on the Broads again in May for a couple of weeks which I think we are both looking forward to. I took my laptop in for repair this week as well as I needed to speak with my two lovely computer chaps about laptop and also learning CMS Made Simple a website authoring program as I am going to be making up a website for Emma and Dan as Dan has now taken over the pub that he was working in before so that is all new and exciting for them with lots of new ideas in the pipeline. I hope to make a proper start on that next week once I have uploaded the program onto their server over the weekend and read through more of the instructions! {smile}

The spring flowers are starting to make an appearance in the garden. The daffodils are all in bud so it shouldn’t be too long before they are out. The crocuses are everywhere now together with the snowdrops and yesterday the Sun finally came out! It has been sooo cold the past few weeks and whilst it was till cold yesterday the spirits lifted with sunshine and blue skies. It seems to have been a long grey winter that’s for sure.

Paul bought me a new digital camera for my birthday which is amazing. My Canon one is good yet this has a larger screen and also a x12 zoom rather than the x6 that the Canon has so will be really looking forward to taking pictures on the Broads of all the birds and wildlife there. Talking of cameras, the little camera is working well in the nest box and there have been little feathered ones checking out the inside… if we get a bit of warmer weather then hopefully they will build a nest there so we can have our own Springwatch. It is all now finally wired up properly so all I have to do is switch on the TV and select the channel. Once I have learned how to use the video software then we should be away with pictures as well! {smile}

Paul also booked us on a cruise for September which we are really looking forward to. We had some money still in with Fred Olsen from having to cancel the last one and as we had paid the deposit they were very kind and said they would hold it on account for when we booked our next one. It has meant that we could also upgrade to a junior suite (which sounds grand but just means a larger cabin with a little seating area) so that will be very different as well. As it is our 20th wedding anniversary in early September that will be a nice way of celebrating it. I can’t believe we have managed to stay together for that long! {laughing} Actually it is longer than that as it is nearly 25 years now since we met. {Smile} I do love the Olsen ships as they are so friendly and the crew are brilliant… you always see a familiar face from previous years and somehow they always remember Paul! (don’t know why!} [grin} we will be going on the Black Watch again as we like that ship. We always went on the Black Prince but that has now been sold so it will be the Black Watch now for us even though they have other ships.

Anyways this has been a little bit of a ramble and I know I need to open up the string from last month and go through the posts so I will pop this one in for now and then will be back with another catch up.

I hope that all are well and {{elfina}} was good to read that you are feeling better and {{diana}} am holding {{ed}} in my thoughts and will go and leave a little post in the Healing string once I have popped this post in. So til later... am leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter…

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Good morning dear friends {smile}

For the first time in ages I had a really good night’s sleep and only woke once during the night hours at my usual wake up of 2am. Looks like things might be easing up a bit then as for the past few weeks I have been waking almost every two hours – it was getting so bad that I would just get up at 4am not knowing what to do with myself as I couldn’t get back to sleep. The Universe has been kind this morning though as I slept through until 6.30 so that is brilliant! {smile}

I meant to do my catch up through posts yet ended up getting some more boat things done and so another day passed. Today Ollie and Emma and the grandchildren are coming for a belated birthday visit. Although it does seem like such a long time now since my birthday it will be lovely to see them all {smile} I think the weather is going to be dry at least today so Archie can also come outside and see the sheep and feed the fish which he loves to do. When it has been pouring down with rain then it has not been easy to explain to him that perhaps another time would be better. {smile}

{{{elfina}}} oh my goodness re the girl’s birthdays… it only seems like yesterday that we were all in here awaiting their arrival doesn’t it? Now they are little ladies….{smiling} As you say your daughter is brave to have a skiing birthday partyfor them – I couldn’t imagine even contemplating skis! Am getting vertigo just thinking about it…{chuckle} the way the time is flying sweetie it won’t be long until you will be seeing them again when you return up north. In the meantime the new building work sounds quite exciting and I am sure you will be very pleased when it is completed.

I know what you mean about Scooter getting older and perhaps being your last dog… you never know though what the Universe has in store for you around the corner… I said when we got the girls that they would be the last big dogs (and probably last dogs) and couldn’t have imagined for one minute that we would be down to two so quickly and that it would have been Kirri and Noosa that went first. In the natural order of things it would have been dear {{Chakhotay}} first as he is eight now and getting a little stiff and then {{Noosa}} leaving the girls together… the Universe said ~oh really? So now we have Chakhotay and Shula… Paul and I were talking the other day about what happens when dear {{Chakhotay}} goes as Shula doesn’t appear to be a dog that would enjoy being a single dog. Noosa would have handled that well as he wasn;t dependant on the others yet Shula is very different and more sensitive (well she is a Pisces after all) so we will see what to do in a future yet to happen. I can remember what Scooter was like in his early years though and he really did rule the roost then didn’t he? {laughing} Hopefully he will be with you for a good long time yet as small dogs do seem to live longer.

It was lovely to read that you are beginning to feel a little better in yourself sweetie and that you have returned to your painting classes! I still have the paintings you did for me so you really should continue with them as you are so talented. I hope that the weather has improved for you as well so that you are able to enjoy the warmth and sunshine as that always lifts the spirits doesn’t it. Having sunshine on Friday here really lifted my own spirits and although it is once again a grey day here this morning the forecast is for the sun to come out tomorrow which will be brilliant and perhaps I will take the little MG out again {smile}

Well that has been a bit of a mega response sweetie so I am going to pop this post in and then go back to the other string to go through the posts there. Wishing you a lovely Sunday and sending you a {{{big warm hug}} across the Sea…

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

PS excuse the typos as I am not going to proof read.. {smile}

Hello again dear friends…

It has been poignant re-reading through the January-February string as such a lot of different emotions have been evoked… there has been such sadness and also joy as well with loss and celebration of life. I have been remiss in not responding to posts left here yet acknowledge that I didn’t want to re-read all about Noosa again for a little while because of the gut wrenching pain it brought me. However, I thought I would do it now and then we can continue on in here….

{{Hathor}}} I hope that you are feeling better now after all the events with Moonlady’s passing…and with Noosa… it must have churned things up for you tremendously with Jan’s passing and any of your own fourleggeds. Every time we have a death it brings back the memories of losing our own loved ones be they human or animal. How are you doing with your mum and brother now. I was reading back there so hope that things have improved and that Hell has now defrosted! {chuckle}

{{kermit}} I hope that the weather has also improved for you dear friend… it seems strange when you live in the desert and it is freezing cold! I hope that you had a lovely birthday sweetie – hard to believe how quickly the years pass isn’t it? Course you would have spirit of the Wolf as Wolf is Pisces birth totem! {smiling} I always think the same once our birthday come round that spring is only around the corner and also like you I am so grateful for the gift of friendship that has been given to all of us who have got to know each other over the years both in AC in times gone by and then here in the message boards later. I think the internet is a wonderful invention and it is lovely to see how it has become part of everyone’s everyday life now so different to how it was in the early days {smile} I hope you and {{Bobby2}} are enjoying your weekend and please give her a {{belated birthday pat}} from me and here’s a {{{big warm hug}} for you {smile}

{{Maggy}}} did I read in AC that you have got to have surgery on your knee? I hope that you get help with the dogs and that Dan can go into respite care so you don’t have to worry about them. We have a nice company here who do house and petsitting that we use when we go on holiday so was wondering if you have something like that who you could use? Liked your bit about the donation to dogs home in leiu of flowers btw and I think I would like the same so will mention that to Babs at some stage so if I go first then she can let Paul know. I think I would like my donations to go to the Blue Cross as that is where we got dear Worfy from. I do make a donation to the hospice in memory of Moonlady and also donated free cruise tickets to the Hospice and Blue Cross and I had emails requesting raffle prizes for their fund raising so it was nice to be able to do that as well. {smile}

{{robynne}}} aww thank you for your birthday wishes and also hope that you had a good one too. It has been terrible seeing and reading about the earthquake in South Island especially Christchurch and I do hope that the people there can start to rebuild their lives and homes. Hope all is well with you, greg and the family and we will get back Down Under for a visit for sure – just have to nag Paul is bit more as he is fairly anti flying right now! {chuckle} Mind you his sister (who lives in Hong) is relocating to Sydney so think that will help although we won’t be stopping over in HK any more. {smile}

{{deb}}} aww I felt the {{hug}} in your post even if you were not able to deliver it personally – perhaps one day that will be possible if/when I cross the Pond again. {smile} I hope that all is well with you sweetie and that you are enjoying your new location. {{hugs}}}

{{elfina}}} aww that beautiful picture you left for my birthday was lovely – it is very like Noosa Heads the place which we named Noosa for bless him. A beautiful place for a beautiful boy. We visited there on our last trip Down Under so I could see it for myself. thank you so much… {smile}

{{diana}} Thank you so much for your thoughts and birthday wishes… I am sure that when it is my time to leave planet Earth that there will be a little stampede of all the animals I have had before coming to greet me and I will so look forward to seeing them all again. {Smile} I did take a peek at my own Solar Return chart yet need to look at it in more detail – I know that life is a mix of joy and sorrow and we just have to go along with what each day brings us. I hope that your dear {{Ed’s}} condition can quickly be identified and treated successfully and have been holding you both in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that your mom and Donny are doing well and how is the new house coming along? I left another post in the healing string with an apology for you and am sending a {{{hug}} across the Sea to you and Ed together with some more {{healing energies}}}

Well I think I have gone through all the posts – (I did skim mine about dear Noosa a tad but only because it was stirring up the pain) so I hope I haven’t missed anyone out. Looking at the time I am now late for sorting out breakfast for Chakhotay and Shula so had best pop this post in now before they come and drag me out of my chair! {smile}

I hope that all are well and wishing everyone a peaceful Sunday. will look in later and til then am leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter…

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

It's a lovely Sunday here in Buckeye AZ with morning temperatures cool and a small breeze blowing through the valley. The days are already beginning to warm up to the 80s so summer is just around the corner. Must admit I don't look forward to the 110+ degrees that are near, but the winter was lovely here. We seem to get an evening breeze in the new location, so perhaps that will help come summer time.

Liz, no need for an apology, as I was affirming to myself that everything I'm feeling is perfectly "normal" during a time such as this, especially considering Dad's passing was so recently.

But, as you said, there is no point in dwelling too long in the "what ifs" and much better to focus on the enjoyment of our time together. In my heart I hold on to the belief that all will be well with Ed. He has made the comment to me numerous times that "they'll have to drag me off this realm" because he enjoys life so much and being together. {grin}
Our new home is so warm and lovely. We have placed our favorite things in locations we can see and it brings back warm memories of when they came into our lives, who gave them to us, etc. We might not have the fanciest of furniture, but each piece has its story to tell {chuckle} There's a tapestry in the entryway with an American Indian pattern that Dad bought for me nearly 15 years ago, along with a large Spirit Shield with a grizzly bear on it that was his (a gift to him for his birthday ages ago). He loved that spirit shield, and it has some of his residual energy in it, so when I see it, a smile comes to my face as I remember how very "bear like" dear Dad was.

We've had a lone hawk visiting us for the last week (since Ed's tests). It flies above the house with its piercing call, circles a few times then leaves. Such a beautiful sight and sound. I can't tell what kind of hawk it is as it doesn't fly near enough to see, but I've a feeling that it may be a message as yet to be deciphered.

Hoping each of you has a good week and are kept safe and with those you love.

Diana

We had a lovely visit today with Ollie, emma and the two grandchildren. Little Darcy has a bit of a cold bless her and Archie was in top form today which was lovely. He is fascinated with bird watching as we have so many bird feeders up and also loved the idea of a camera inside the little bird house (even though nothing has actually moved in yet!) {smile} He came and helped me get the stables ready for the sheep and helped with filling up water buckets and also putting the hay in place. Paul took him to feed the fish and help get the bird feeders in place which he loved. Emma brought me a beautiful bunch of flowers for a belated birthday treat and it was lovely having them here.

Paul is having troubles with one of his ankles and is limping all over the place – I have asked him to see the doctor about it to get it checked over but we know how stubborn he can be so will see what he is like tomorrow.

I had a phone call from Jill (who comes and housesits for us) today and we have arranged to meet up for lunch on Tuesday. She is housesitting in ely, Cambridgeshire for the rest of the week so we are going to meet up at Ixworth which is a National Trust property near to Bury St Edmunds. The weather forecast is good for then with sunshine (yippee!) so I might just take the little MG for an adventure! {smile} It will be good to get out for a little while I must admit and lovely to have a catch up with Jill who is a Pisces Sun as well though her birthday is nearer the end of March. She is coming to housesit in May when we are on the boat. I must admit that if I was on my own and with no animals then I wouldn’t mind doing something like that myself – going and living in nice houses whilst looking after peoples pets sounds like a nice way of life and something I could quite get used to. {smile}

{{diana}} aww was lovely to read about your house and lovely that you have both settled in so well. You know I still have the lovely Medicine Wheel on the wall here in the study that you sent me all those years ago. {smile} We had a kestrel here last week which sat on the edge of the bottom pond for a good while. We had time to check the bird book and make sure what it was before it took off so looks as though you and I have hawks around us at the moment. {Smile} I am just waiting for the weather to warm up a little as this winter seems to have been going on and on for ever this season. I think that in another week or so we should have the first of the daffodils out as they are such harbingers of springtime. {Smile} The forsythia are now out in bloom and masses of crocuses are everywhere so hopefully once the warm weather arrives then it will be just perfect {smile} I loved the Ed expression and am sure that this will be the case with him… it seems like such a long time ago when you two first got together doesn’t it? Long may it continue is all I can say…{smiling} Sending love and {{{hugs}} to you both sweetie… {smile}

well I think I am going to have an early night of it as you forget how tired the little ones can make you – must be a sign of ageing methinks… ah well you can’t change it so best to go with the flow…{chuckle}

Hope that everyone has had a good Sunday and will look in first thing in the morning with my coffee or tea.. {smile} til then leaving a {{warm group hug}} to {{all}}}…

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Birthday wish for the Green One

Hello dear friends [smile}

I came across this in Live Chat in AC left by dear {{Hathor}} for {{kermit}}} and as I am not sure if you actually go in there any more {{kermit}} I thought I would copy/paste it in here. {smile}

"Hathor: Happy Birthday Kermit the Green One, friend of AC when the world was still young! Loving wishes to you and Bobbi your darlin' 4 foot! Luv HWAH XX "

I am off outside to mow the lawn in the sunshine as Paul is working from home today so he can listen out for the ORC phone for me. {smile} will be back later this afternoon so til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter and wishing everyone a good start to the week. [smile}

love always

mermaid...xxx

Re: Birthday wish for the Green One

Well, thats another post lost. Have had enough, Going to bed

Liz, If I remember correctly your sister in law lives in Japan. Praying all is well with her and her home.
My cousins husbands family has family there and their home was damaged inside and they may have lost their 2 businesses. Thy spent the night in a school. Praying for the people involved.

we were watching the afternoon news when the news came over about the big earthquake---what got to me was the enormous amount of water flowing everywhere--horrific.

cheers maggy

1 2 3 4