Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5
Author
Comment
Posts for July/August/September 2011

Hello again dear friends {smile}

Starting up a quarterly string for the coming summer months as I know we are all busy in our own ~nows~. I have left a little post in the June string and will respond to posts left in there in here (thank heavens for copy and paste into word documents! {smile}

Hoping all are well and leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter {smile}

with love always

mermaid...xxx

Re: Posts for July/August/September 2011

Hi guys,

A happy July to all. We have had some rain finally. Though it was brief, every little bit helps. The temps have finally gone under 100. Diana I know you guys experience higher temps all summer; not sure how ya'll handle that.

All my FRIENDS have a great day and a great time. B2 says for ya'll to run and catch those flying things and jump as high as you can.

LIGHT, LOVE & PEACE; Kermit and Friends + B2

Happy Belated Birthday Diana, Boy have I been a bad girl by not posting this week. I think your visit from the hawk was just amazing and a wonderful gift from above. Sometimes it's the little things in life that touch our hearts the most. I hope you had a great birthday and that the year ahead holds only happiness for you and your loved ones.

Pat and I took the ATV out last Friday and enjoyed the day at Strawberry Lake our new clubs southern camping area. Just as we were leaving Pat got strung by a bee right below his right eye. I didn't have his allergy needle with me only an antihistamine so I gave him 2 and he drove 2 hours to get home. I was a nervous wreck. Anyway he started to swell up a little that night and by the next day we was a mess. He wouldn't go to the hospital until he woke up on Sunday with his eye completely closed and his whole face swollen. We spent Sunday morning in the hospitals emergency room and left with lots of medication. He is finally looking normal today thank goodness. I won't leave home without his shot again.

I am going to Connecticut to my neices graduation party with my daughter and her family this weekend. I will get to visit with my Mom and my brother is coming up from South Carolina so it will be a nice reunion for us. Pat is staying home with Scooter. We in a week for Bermuda on a cruise and I am really looking forward to it.

Well I better go and make supper as it is now 6 o'clock.

My love to you Liz. I know how busy you are and there are just so many hours in a day to do all we want to do.
Wishing you more leisure time soon. Pat and I are really considering a European vacation next summer and a visit with you will be on the agenda. I hope it works out that we can come.

Waving to the room and wishing you all a goodnight.

Thank you dear friends for your birthday well wishes.

It's been a hectic week or so as the boss has been out of town and I've been wearing her hat. Must admit, I look forward to just doing the one job instead of juggling managing the shelter in her absence on top of my usual work! But it was an emergency situation so sending positive thoughts to her and her family and hoping that all turns out for the best.

Elfina, I hope Pat is feeling much better after having such a nasty allergic reaction. The graduation sounds like you will be having a good time with family about. Those moments are so precious in our lives and gone before we know it.

Kermit, we've had some good monsoons kicking up in Arizona, how are you and BB2 holding up on the NM side of things?

Ok, off to take care of dinner then, if I don't get called back into work,an early bed time.

Hoping all that stop by are doing well and leaving {{big hugs}} for you Mermaid.

Love to all,
Diana

Busy people, busy times. Leaving in the morning for a weeks Cruise to Bermuda on the Holland American ship Veendam. Looking forward to snorkeling and fun in the sun. Wishing you all a good week too. Be back next Sunday with pictures.

Lucky lucky you,Elfina !!! Have a wonderful time,sunny skies and no storms .

love Maggy

Hello dear friends [smile}

I will write up a longer post later this evening (all being well) yet am leaving a link here to a new album on my facebook page.

We have a new addition to the wolfpack - his name is Nelson and he is 13 months old. He arrived here yesterday and is settling in quite well. Currently he is asleep here in the study as I have taken some pics today and popped them on my facebook page. You should be able to access the album by copying and pasting the following link...

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2110001063204.119369.1040936369&l=7fb1b997e5

here is a little pic of him...

I know I have been remiss in not posting yetit has been so busy here and also we have spent the past week getting organised as to whether to take on Nelson.

{{elfina}}} if you look in before you leave have a great trip and will look forward to hearing about it when you get back {{{hugs}}}

Til later...

much love always

mermaid...xxx

Mermaid, have just seen the new pics; Nelson is a grand lad,very handsome and seems to have the personality to cheer up the other two.Sure is a big decision to add another dog, but for the mental health of Shula,as you said, seems to have been very necessary.
The xmas pics were lovely and showed the rooms and gardens off nicely-What snow falls-brrrr

We also were deciding about getting another dog,but I asked our vet who knows our circumstances ,and he vetoed it,and dan agreed-I really couldn't cope with another now.

Keep well and happy,love
Maggy

Hello dear friends

It hardly seems possible that a week has gone by since we went to collect Nelson. He has settled in very well and the change in Shula has been amazing. From running away from him on the Sunday by Monday evening she has decided that enough was enough and he needed to be put in his place which she did then instead of him running after her in the garden she was chasing him and boxing him and playing – it was the first time she has really played as she used to do since Kirri died. I was nearly in tears it was so good to see.

I have put more pictures on my facebook page and took some more yesterday evening of them out in the garden. Nelson is a 14 month old very large boisterous pup who has no manners as he has never been trained properly! The change in him though this week has been brilliant as he is very intelligent and is coming along in leaps and bounds. He loves Shula and so as she is responsive and come to call then we allowed Nelson to run in the garden – I don’t think he has ever been able to do that. Unfortunately yesterday he managed to knock me over as he was so focussed on running with her that he didn’t see me so we both ended up on the ground! I did feel a bit bruised last night yet better today.

On Thursday he had his first run in the long paddock with the others. They have found it a bit strange bless them as we haven’t done a quarry walk yet. We had builders in on Monday laying paving slabs on the side of the house as the others had got very damaged over the last two winters. So keeping the dogs in and a new one was fairly challenging to say the least. Nelson has been good with Michael, Robert and the girls as well so considering his life has turned upside down he has been amazing! {smile}

Last night Paul and I just sat in the kitchen and said how we couldn’t believe how tired we were though it was nice physical tiredness rather than the nervous exhaustion of the previous week whilst we were deciding whether or not to take him after lots of driving to meet him and then me taking Chakhotay up to meet him as well. His old home was the other side of Ely which is about an hour and a half’s drive away from here so lots of driving for me also.

Fortunately Paul decided to work from home this week so that there was an extra pair or eyes and hands and legs so all in all it has gone very well thus far. {smile} The young couple that had him before hadn’t given him any training so he didn’t know boundaries. I don’t think he has ever been off the lead before either and said to Paul last night that he probably thinks he has ~died~ and gone to Dog Heaven here! {chuckle} As he is so responsive we think he is going to turn out a very good dog though still a lot of work to do.

Although we thought long and hard about whether he should come here just to see the change in Shula has justified the decision as they have really buddied up. Chakhotay as the boss has been fairly aloof and Nelson has recognised that Chakhotay is the top dog as well.

I am so sorry that I haven’t gone through the posts yet though I hope to over the weekend. I just wanted to pop a message in here for now before I have to make a start on the day.

I hope that all are well and wish everyone a really good weekend. Will be back later.. til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter…

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

PS {{elfina}} hope you had a wonderful cruise! {{hugs}}

Mermaid, you really do have your hands full with the 2 younger dogs, but as you say,it is a delight to see them together.
I can't understand that such a beautiful hands-on animal can be bought by people who do not know how to handle them.I am so glad that you both decided to bring him home.Your pics are really grand; I'm sorry that he knocked you over,a thing I dread. I hang on to anything I can when out in the garden,and they know not too get to close to me then,but--!

We have 2 'lifter'hairs now, and who occupies them during the day ? yep, you guessed it, the 2 dogs! Harry,the schnauzer, gets very upset if Dan sits in his own chair-he sulks !!
Those dogs do give us so much pleasure,as yours do for you.

Keep well and try to stay on your feet,
Waving across the Ponds,

love Maggy

A little ~catch up~ {smile}

Good morning dear friends {Smile}

Hopefully the weather is going to warm up a bit more today as it has been so cold this past week with very unseasonal weather with northerly winds. It doesn’t seem like July that is for sure! {smile}

We have blue skies this morning and sunshine although still a cold wind and I hope to get out in the garden and do some dead heading and tidying up. We have had the builders here last week laying new paving slabs at the side of the house and they haven’t finished yet though hopefully will return later on this week. The front of the house looks a bit like a bomb has hit it as we have all the bins there and other bits and pieces that usually live there the paving has been put down. We thought there wasn;t much point in putting it all back yet until the work has been completed as we would only have to move it all again. It did make Nelsons first week more stressful because of all the upheavel going on here yet at least that is done now.

Actually I think that some of the extra stress was because I had to go for my yearly cancer check up last Monday which came back clear so that is that for another year. My consultant has retired so it was a different lady one and she was lovely so that was good. Also I had received a letter from my doctor that they would not be able to prescribe my painkillers on the NHS any more as the last government set something off that people were not going to be allowed to have them in case they tried to commit suicide (nanny state gone mental methinks). The letter also said to go and see him to discuss pain management. Must admit that filled me with some misgiving because I have had to manage back pain since I was 21 and that was the only one that now works for me as I cannot take an aspirin based painkiller any more. After just having brought Nelson home (who then was on the lead walking and pulling like a train) I was trying not to imagine what it was going to be like with no pain respite! Anyway my wonderful doctor has issued me with a private presecription for that so I have just got a months supply and paid for it. The drug has not been banned here just the NHS have decided that it will not be issued on the NHS. It is a ridiculous situation. My doctor told me that if they issued an NHS prescription for it then the practise would be hit with a £10,000 reduction on their annual budget.. some hell of a fine methinks! Hopefully when I go and see him again next month then it will still be ok to have a private prescription. Sometimes I think common sense has left the planet I really do. Anyways for the time being I am ok again {smile}

I was thinking this morning that last weekend we had spent 3 hours walking round and round the paddocks getting Shula and Chakhotay introduced to Nelson and we were all soaked to the skin. It did work though and I am so grateful to the Universe that Shula and Nelson have taken to each other. He is learning recall as he follows Shula who is very good at coming back to the whistle. I am hoping to introduce him to the quarry walk a little later on this week perhaps though will just go with the flow with him as he learns his new boundaries and can come back more and more when he is called. {smile} I can’t believe how well he has settled in and is responding to training. He is like a huge pup who had no manners at all – it jumping up on the worktops in the kitchen, bouncing off the furniture, full of exuberance… he is now a lot calmer inside the house which makes life easier thank heavens.

Before I carry on rambling I want to go through some of the posts as I am not sure if I am going to be able to go right back through June so here we go… {smile}

{{Maggy}}} the reason I went down is that he was running with Shula and watching her so just didn’t see me! He has cannoned off trees in the garden because of watching Shula which was worrying as I was concerned that he would seriously hurt himself. I am still feeling tad bruised though much better than the evening after it happened! {smile} It was not an easy decision to take on another dog I must admit yet it is already paying off dividends for Shula and for Nelson so that is for the good. I thought when we got Shula and Kirri that they would be our last big dogs – the Universe decreed otherwise. Hopefully the two of them will have a good long time together and also that Chakhotay will have a good few years in him yet. He is very much the elder statesman now though so it is good that the two youngsters can amuse themselves now. I agree re young people buy the requisite german shepherd pup then not having a clue about how to train them or just giving up or breaking up and then the dog has to be rehomed. It has happened with Worf, Noosa and now Nelson and they are and have been all beautiful dogs. I think that your vet sounds a wise man in making that decision for you to not take on any more dogs. Two dogs is probably more than enough for you both and you have them for company when you can get them off your chairs that is! {chuckle}. Must admit it feels as though we have your winter right now as I have just been outside with the pack and the ruddy north wind is still with us! I know for you it is the southerly busters yet this is really weird having a cold cold wind in July! So good to hear that you and Dan are doing ok and I hope that it continues to do so. Sending lots of love and {{{hugs}} Down Under to you sweetie together with a dollop of extra {{healing energies}}} for you both … {Smile}

{{Diana}}} thank you for the energies they are working for sure. I think ole Saturn can be so challenging especially when he is square one’s Moon! Saturn squares are bleurgh yet all things do pass and this will too. Fortunately the influence will be away after September and we will also be able to relax then as we are off on a cruise then rather than just up to the Broads again. That will be lovely for me as then I really won’t have to do anything (like cook meals and keep the boat clean etc) and can really just lie back and relax with some sunshine. {smile} Sounds as though you have been busy busy busy off your feet as usual so I do hope that you are taking time out for yourself as well. I know that your job can be stressful enough in itself though without you having to take on responsibilities of running the place! Hopefully her situation is being/has been resolved so that you can get back to normal. Wasn’t that wonderful with the hawks and the Angel song for you – the Universe provides doesn’t it and am so glad that dear {{don}} was able to get a message through to you for your special day bless him. {Smile} Thank you again for the energies and sending love and {{{hugs}}} and a belated {{happy birthday}}} wish to Ed..{Smile}

{{{elfina}}} Re-reading back I see it is today that you are back from your cruise so I do hope that you had a lovely time and also that your Pat has fully recovered from his bee sting. It would be wonderful if you were able to make it here for a visit next year and you can pick my brains re where you might like to go both in Britain and in Europe. Pat and Paul can go have a game of golf or two together as well which will give us a little time for a good ole girl catch up ras I has been too many years since we last saw each other – Paul has also talked about maybe coming back to Florida soon which would be good as well. {smile} I know exactly what you mean re the first thing in the morning aches and pains as that is what I am like and why I was fairly apprehensive about possibly losing the only medication that works for me with no side effects either! The joys of getting older methinks {smile}. I started my diet last week and have lost five pounds which is great as I want to lose some weight before we go on the cruise and also it will be less work for my joints if there is less weight to carry. Quitting smoking all those years ago didn’t help and then when I was ready to start losing weight I got the cancer and they said that under no circumstances was I to change my body shape until the treatment was over. When it was over I felt so awful that dieting was the last thing I wanted to do! Anyway we will see how it goes now as I am in the right frame of mind for it.{smile} Leaving you a {{{big welcome back hug}}} sweetie and look forward to hearing all about your cruise.

{{{kermit}}} aww hope all is well with you dear friend and also with B2 – thank you for the forwarded emails I have enjoyed reading them. Sending love and {{{warm hugs}} to you across the Pond sweetie.. {Smiling}

I meant to do a little write up about our trip to London the other week (before we saw Nelson) so I will do that in the coming days. We had a lovely time there with seeing the show Dirty Dancing before it finished its London run, then a nice tour around Lords Cricket ground the following day and a river cruise on the Thames seeing all the sights of London from the water (busmans holiday in some ways but I got some lovely photos). We also had dinner in our favourite Italian restaurant Zilli Fish again on the first night and then in the Naval Club (where we stayed) on the second night. It was a lovely break and I will get some of the photos put up on FB in the coming days.

Looking at the time I will pop this post in as I need to get quite a lot of things done today yet wanted to sit and write this catch up post at long last. I am going to make sure that I post more frequently than I have done in previous months as hopefully the “black dog” has gone for walks elsewhere now {smile}

Hope that all are well and wishing everyone a lovely Sunday!

Love always and a {{{warm group hug}}}}

Mermaid…xxx

PS please excuse grammar, typos etc as I am not going to proof read as am out of time and want this post to go in here. I am sure you will all understand the gist anyways. {smile}

1 2 3 4 5