Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3
Author
Comment
Re: Posts for July/August/September 2012

Hello to all,

Liz, I honestly don't know how you do all that you do. Sending out fortifying and healing energies your way as I write this, and hope that your knees are feeling better and that you have the opportunity to catch a breath this week in between the flurry of your busy life.

Elfina, am adding my healing thoughts as well for Pat, as well as fortifying ones for you. I hope and pray that all is well.

I have an additional healing request of my own for those that are able. My last surviving Uncle received some very bad news this week. His name is Mark and he is my Mom's baby brother, and the last member of her own family unit to still be alive. As children, he was the "cool" Uncle, the one that was always playing pranks, and as much of a kid at heart as we were at the time, so of course he has always been dearly loved.

Mark was having difficulty breathing, so went in for some lung x-rays and they found 3 tumors on one lung and 2 on the other. They deflated his lung to get a biopsy and the news was not good at all, as it is cancer. He was unable to breathe on his own so was put on a ventilator. They did tell him that he'd only be able to be on it for two weeks, and then he'd have to be taken off of it, at which point he would likely die. His only other alternative is to undergo surgery and have part of his lungs removed. If he goes that route, he was told that the tissue may grow back and he could enjoy another 2 to 6 years of life. He chose to go for surgery which we will find out exactly when that takes place.

I can't imagine the kind of fear that would have brought to him, bless him {{Uncle Mark hugs}}, to be faced with such a decision and to know you only have two weeks left should you chose no surgery. Mom has also taken the news hard (understandably). They are very close, and then you also factor in it being near the anniversary of Daddy's own death, and that her sister also died from cancer two years before Dad passed away. Plus, it seems that losing loved ones has been somewhat of a theme throughout her life including losing both of her parents by the age of 9. So if you could please send some thoughts her way as well, I'd greatly appreciate it.

So sorry to be the barer of bad news in these last two posts, and I know everyone is dealing with something. I just know the power of prayer and what miracles we've all been able to pull off here in Mermaid's wonderful Retreat.

Love to you all dear friends,
Diana

((((Diana))))I truly believe in the power of prayer. I will keep your Uncle Mark in my prayers as well as prayers for you Mom and Ed.

Pat had some wonderful news today. He was supposed to have had another lithotripsy done today to crush the remaining kidney stone. He went for xrays first and they showed only small stones. After examining the stones in the xray his Doctor had his team put Pat onto the water bath and do more searching and the conclusion was the stones were to small to crush and he could pass them on his own. He then was able to remove the stent and was sent home. The Kidney that as so enlarged is now normal sized. To us this is a little miracle. It seems the laser surgery last week was enough to break up the stone and he must have passed most of it this week. I can't tell you how happy this has made me.

Liz, glad your work load is lightening up. It has really been a busy summer for you. I'll try to post a little more often soon...I have been a lazy lady for sure.

Dusting off my fairy dust****** and sending you each a little to help to ease all your troubles and make your days happier.

Good morning dear friends {Smile}

I really don’t know where all the time is going as it seems to be moving so fast at the moment. Yesterday I realised that it is only a few weeks until we depart for Australia and nothing has really been done for that apart from book and pay for the tickets and arrange the hotel in Singapore! So yesterday it was back to making a start on what we are supposed to be doing and organising more travel arrangements.. {Smile}

Today the builders are here to sort out some problems with leading before they become big problems and cause leaks in the winter. The dehumidifier is still drawing water out of the walls in the sitting room. Did I say that we have had the plaster off the walls in there as the damp proof course failed? So that is fairly chaotic and we had hoped to have the plaster back on before we left but it doesn’t look like that is going to happen. So hopefully it will be sorted by the time we get back and then at least we can have a coat on plaster back on the brick in time for Christmas! {smile}

Nelson is improving (and I hesitate to write it) as he is now on the third day of no antibiotics and is getting back to his usual very boisterous bouncy self! {smile} Our house/dog sitters are coming to visit this afternoon as they did leave some stuff behind when they were here whilst we were on the boat for a week and they wanted to see how Nelson was doing. They are such a lovely couple – both Pisces – and I am so pleased that they will be here for all of November. We have another couple who will do the first week and then Dorothy will do the second week with Michael’s help as he will walk the dogs twice a day whilst Dorothy is at work. We had been let down twice with sitting during that trip that hopefully (please Universe!) this is third time lucky! (I don’t even want to go into all the stress and events that have led up to where we are now they have all been fairly horrendous, stressful and sad in equal quantities).

I think we have all been going through the mill in various guises this summer and I hope that we have managed to all come through them fairly unscathed as we are now in autumn and we have moved into the Falling Leaves Time with the Sun now in Libra. It is a time to give thanks for what we have and for the strength that comes through the nourishment from within that sustains us and helps see us through the challenging times. {Smile}

{{{diana}}} I am holding your dear brother in my thoughts and have seen sending out {{healing energies}} to him both to help him have the strength for what lies ahead and to assist in his healing. Am looking forward to seeing ~wolfsmoon~ rise again like the phoenix {{hugs}}

{{elfina}}} that is wonderful news regarding {{{Pat}}} I am so pleased for both of you as it must be such a relief after all he and you have been going through {{{hugs}}}

{{kermit}} sending you a {{warm hug}} dear friend – your emails always bring a smile to my face.

I know this is a short post as time has moved on yet again but wanted to leave something now as I know I won’t be able to write again until much later today so at least there is a little ~something~ for when you dear friends across the Pond awaken. {Smile}

Will be back again soon… until then leaving a {{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter… and sending out some {{extra healing energies}}} for those dear friends who need them...

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

PS Please excuse the rambliness and typos as I am writing this straight into the message box. Til later....xxx

1 2 3