Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How to use the message board here

Hello dear friends {smile}

I thought I would leave this note here on how to use the forum as it seems we will have to use it more frequently til Tripod eventually get themselves sorted out. I did email them and have yet to receive a reply. I have upgraded this by paying a fee so that we don’t have the ads and pop ups which hopefully will make it easier.

When you first arrive here the front page shows a welcome message to the right and then there is a line saying either (dependant on what you have got set) ~switch to board style~ or ~switch to threaded style~ with ~Return to web site~ to the right of it. I think if you use the ~Board style~ then it is not quite as mind boggling as the threaded style. You can see where there have been new posts with the latest post showing date and time. The threaded style shows every single post and can be confusing. Yet just click on them and switch back and forth and see which one is most comfortable to use.

You can start a new topic by clicking ~Post~ in the centre of the ~search line~ block (as I am doing now) or you can click on the topic of choice, read down and then click reply in that particular topic.

You can preview your posts if you wish (by clicking the preview button) before posting or you can post direct. You can also search for names on the top bar as well which is quite interesting.

Hope this makes sense. If anyone has a more simple way of explaining it then please leave your thoughts here {smile}

Love always

Mermaid….xxx

Re: How to use the message board here, P.S.

Hello again dear friends

I have made the default setting to board style now though you can still switch to the threaded style if you prefer. Having a wander round the service manager here and learning some new things. Hopefully the text is now easier to read as well {smile}

love always

mermaid...xxx