Return to Website

Mermaid's Message Board

Greetings and welcome {smile} This is a place to post and share friendship around the world. {{All}} are welcome.  Walk in Beauty always with love.... mermaid

Mermaid's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
copy pasting post from Retreat {Smile}

Hello dear friends {Smile} Am just going to copy/paste a post I left earlier today in the main retreat as it appears there are problems getting in there... so here we go with the glue pot {smile}

"Good morning dear friends {smile}

Well it has been one heckuva week here.so my apologies for not having called in before. Mind you it looks as though I am now talking to myself here as everyone must be busy in their own ~nows~ so I will make it fairly brief this morning.

Dee has been to visit and she left yesterday though I was so tired that I couldn’t even come and sit down to read anything let alone write! We had a storm to beat all storms the other night and so Dee and I stayed up as it was so frightening. It certainly felt like a revisit.to that time that the house was hit and we had the fire only this storm was even more violent. So what did we do? We painted and now the big sitting room is a lovely shade of Farrow and Ball Cooking Apple Green!! {chuckle} I actually did start it late morning and was going to take the week to complete it yet as there was no way we could go to bed with all that noise and lightning and the dogs trembling it was a positive and productive way to deal with it all. At least this morning I have caught up on sleep so I thought I would pop a post in now before my day starts.

{[rick}} I hope that you had a lovely birthday with your girls.

{{elfina}}} have you recovered from your visitor and showing them all around? I went to the docs and got extra painkillers as have been suffering still with my back after our visitor and walking all over Suffolk. I do miss Richard now that he is retired as am sure that he could have sorted out my back without needing painkillers. Yes the little mermaid is lovely and the plants survived the storm the other night. I remembered those on 9/11 it was a terrible day. Oliver lost two friends in the towers so it really brings it home on a personal level as well as the global doesn’t it? It is a shame that terrorism has to exist yet it is a part of our lives now. Sending out the ~wish/hope~ that this too will pass and we can all live in peace on Earth without the need for wars, terrorists and man’s inhumanity to man. As out thoughts become our actions I am sure that if enough of us think that then it will at some stage come to pass {Smile}

On a lighter note, dear Bab is doing well and am sure she will be in herself soon. She said yesterday that your tip for the eye drops works an absiolute treat so thank you sweetie for that as I know she struggled with the drops the last time. Hope your son is now recovered from his cold. How are the grandchildren btw as you haven’t written much about them recently and your daughter? Is their business going well now? I forget how fast the time goes as it only seems like yesterday that we were waiting for the arrival of your first grandchild {Smile} Sending love and {{hugs}} across the Pond to you sweets and we must have a phone catch up soon {Smile}

Can I ask you to hold two families in your thoughts and prayers. Firstly a friend of ours has been diagnosed with only two months left on Earth. It has been a great shock to many of us and so any extra energies for him and his family will be much appreciated as they adjust to the changes coming in their lives. Sitting here sending out energies to dear {{{Barry and family}}}}…

Our friend Clive called me this morning to let me know that Sarah’s father passed away at 6am this morning. {{{Bill}} has been dealing with prostate cancer and I have been helping clive help them so as to speak. It has not been easy for all of them in firstly coming to terms with his condition and then living with the fact that {{Bill}} was on limited time. Now he is at peace and not suffering so please hold {{Sarh, Dinah and Clive)) in your thoughts to help them adjust and also {{{energies}} for {{{bill}} as he crosses the Rainbow Bridge home.

Thank you dear friends as I know you will be sending out energies which will help {{{all}}}. Would you also hold dear {{{worfie}} in your thoughts as his back end is not brilliant and he is getting very ~wobbly~ though he is fine in himself which is always such a tragedy. I think his time is now limited so am making the most of it now bless him {{{worfy hugs}}}}.

Paul is due back this evening and has a long drive back from Scotland so sending out thoughts for a safe journey as the weather is not good and Friday journeys are always longer with people all going somewhere (or home) for the weekend {smile} He has been in the wars a little already with having had yet another fall though at least no broken bones thank goodness! {Smile} I have a few things to do to catch up today and need to run some errands this morning so I will plop this post in now and hope that everyone is well

Leaving a {{warm group hug}} to {{all}} who may enter….

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Re: copy pasting post from Retreat {Smile}

copying another post left in the Tripod board today....

Hello dear friends

I am sorry that haven’t been in yet it has been difficult here now as dear {{{worf}}} has been confirmed with CDRM (the same as Brewster) so I have not felt like writing much. The vet thinks he has three to four months at the moment before the paralysis happens and then it will be time for the Rainbow Bridge for him. Thought I would leave a piccy of him as this is one of his favourite places and he was there again today {smile}

I did make a start on a post the other day which is ironic as I will share part of it here as I wrote it before the vet came….

“…………….Tis a bit of a misty morning today – one can see that Autumn is on the way though the temperatures are still warm {Smile} Saturday night was the first night that the wolfpack were not allowed upstairs and boy did Shiva let us know that she didn’t appreciate it! We had to take that decision as {{{worf}} has struggled up the stairs and his hips are so creaky that we think it is unfair to allow him to continue. He has always been insistent that he wants to go upstairs and stubborn enough to keep doing it bless him {Smile} Shiva is finding it harder as well so we decided that for their own good upstairs is now a ~no go area~ for them. As we will be away on holiday for six weeks then they can have time to get used to being downstairs before we go. It did seem strange though not finding {{worf}} beside my bed in the morning bless him. He was in his usual spot downstairs though as he gets more and more creaky so I am sure that we have done the right thing and this will help him not put so much stress on his joints as the stairs are very steep. Last night we gave in though and let Shiva come upstairs and the boys stay downstairs though am not sure if that was a good idea , at least she didn’t howl the place down all night {smile}

Saturday was so busy with shopping and then having to get out and mow the lawns as this warm weather means that they have to be mowed twice a week! It is really ridiculous this time of year as the grass and gardens are looking in the middle of growing season. The vegetable garden is a mass of weeds (yet again) and Monday will bring the battle of wills again with me asking Michael to weed it and him trying to do everything but weed it! It is really bizarre having a gardener who hates weeding! I must admit I will be glad when it is winter and the garden can be in its deep sleep so that I can have a rest from it. It has been harder on my back this year especially as I have been seeing to the vegetable garden as well. It will be lovely though to head off on holiday and forget about it all for a while so that the batteries can be recharged though I have still tons to do here before I can think about that {Smile} Yesterday I was 8 months smoke free as well which is great and so decided to start a diet to remove some of the extra pounds that have accumulated before my figure gets totally out of control {chuckle} If I can have the willpower to stop smoking and that is now fairly under control as I haven’t had one ciggie since then I can now use my Ray One (Will/Power) to reduce the weight and ~I Will~ do this. (in time the for holidays as well!) {Smile} Hokey dokes before I end up on a long ramble methinks I had best go through the posts right? {smile}

{{{elfina}}} Thank you so much sweetie I do appreciate you taking the time to do that. The links page didn’t work cos there isn’t one at the moment so tis all the same as I get here. I am going to have to call a few folks here and ask them to check out that site as ORC have been getting a few emails saying they couldn’t access those two pages and right now I don’t have a clue as to the problem. I thought that rickman might have looked in and could have offered any ideas as he is very up to date on this sort of thing . Glad to hear that all is well with the family and I hope that there is a nice lot of snow etc (once you are safely in Florida that is) for your daughter’s business {Smile} I think we were definitely doing the same sort of thing as I was exactly the same with our visitor. He was such Hard Work! I am not usually glad to see the back of anyone here yet I made an exception in his case. {chuckle} I think it was because he was here on his own rather than with his wife. She does everything for him and he expected the same service here I think. I was racking my brains to think what it was as I have never felt so uncomfortable with someone staying (and especially someone I knew) it was very strange. Anyways that was then and this is now. It will be fine seeing them both in Canberra as that will only be for a couple of days and Hella will be there as well.

{{rick}} hope you had a lovely time with your girls and the hair is still long though I did say to Paul on Friday what did he think about me cutting it short! Not all lot was the answer or actually it was ~Shall Ihave my hair cut into a bob?~ response ~No~. so long it stays…. {chuckle} perhaps you picked up the thoughts there? {chuckle}

{{{kermit}}}} lovely to see you pop in sweets and sounds as though you have been having a time of it…….”

I hadn’t got to finishing that post to kermit so I will do that tomorrow…. Please hold dear {{{worfie}} in your thoughts and send out energies for him… At the moment he is ok (as it was only a check up visit from the vetfor him to have his repeat medication) so we will take one day at a time. Will be back tomorrow… til then

Love always

Mermaid…xxx

Re: copy pasting post from Retreat on Saturday morning {Smile}

Good morning dear friends {smile}

I thought I would plop a message in here before I start my day. It is a misty morning out there which shows that the seasons are changing {smile} We have Penny and Bob (Paul’s sister and her husband) coming to dinner tonight as they are visiting friends in Cambridge tomorrow so I know I will be busy til then {Smile}

Worf is doing well bless him… and we are looking into hydrotherapy as a means of helping him have quality exercise as that is important. There is no cure for CDRM so the aim is to keep him as comfortable and active as long as possible. Here is a good url which gives information about this disease/condition. We have got the english version of the medications that it recommends to help him also.

http://www.balgownievet.com.au/1_com_deg_myelopathy.htm

As I have said before tis one day at a time and having walked this path before with dear {{{brewster}}} we will do it again though when it was confirmed it was heartbreaking and off I went on my own to have a good ~howl down~ myself, without them being around, else they would have wondered what was up {Smile}.

Anyways am really looking forward to your coming up here dear {{{babs}}} and good to know that all is well there with you and also finally the car is ok {Smiling} Will speak with you later anyways {{{hugs}}}

{{Diana}}} it has been lovely to touch base with you this week and sending out some extra {{energies}} for you {{{beloved wolfsister}}} and {{{hugs}} as well {Smile}

{{{kermit}} aww glad you enjoyed the cyber cruise on Orwell Lady sweetie {Smiling} Could you manage to get into the Public cruise timetable page as that is the one that some people are having problems with so I would welcome your feedback on that one {Smile} It is a pity that you couldn’t be here in person and take the trip yet at least there is the cyber cruises to give a ~taste~ of it {Smile} Hope all is well with you and that the rains have now subsided. Our weather has been crazy here I must admit – yesterday is poured down all day and the day before it was in the high 80’s and nearly 100% humidity! We shall see what today brings {Smile} Sending a {{{big waarm hug}} across the Pond and also one to {{{bobby}}}} {Smile}

Well I will plop this post in for now… Elfina has not been able to get in here and she has left posts in the Alternative board… this can also be accessed through the Forums url which is

http://www.btinternet.com/~seamaid/forums.htm

I use The Forums one to come in here rather than just a direct bookmark. It opens in a new window and then you can see if there is a problem and go to the alternative one and leave a line there – just a thought…. {Smile}

Hoping that everyone has a lovely weekend and will look in again later…. Til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}}} to {{{all}} who may enter {Smile}

With love always

Mermaid…xxx

Re: copy pasting post from Retreat {Smile} Part (a)

Good morning dear friends {smile}

This morning I have been experiencing the joys of insomnia! {Smile} I awoke at 3.30 and gave up trying to go back to sleep at 4.30 at up I got! {smile} Tis now 5am and I thought I would sit and write up a post whilst it is nice and quiet before the day starts and with it the next frenetic lot of events {chuckle}

I have been getting the final bits and pieces sorted out for the trip and it hardly seems possible that in one week and one day we will be off on our adventure Down Under! {Smile} All the itinerary is worked out and methinks we will need another holiday once we return as there is so much to pack in! Mind you we will be having some R and R up in Queensland and here are a couple of urls so that you can see where and what we will be doing {smile}

We will stay here when we are in Sydney although that will only be for a few days at a time in between going to Queensland, doing the drive around New South Wales and ACT visiting friends and going to New Zealand! {Smile}

http://www.theoaksgroup.com.au/Property.aspx?sid=12

When we go to Queensland we will be staying first of all in Cairns at this hotel (where we stayed before and it is very comfortable) We are meeting friends there and will have a week with them in Queensland and then we will drive up to theirs for a long weekend sometime in the drive around NSW {Smile}

http://www.shangri-la.com/cairns/shangri-lamarina/en/index.aspx

We will go on this cruise to the Barrier Reef… it is the Moore Reef day cruise and so time to go snorkelling as well {Smiling}

http://www.sunlover.com.au/tours_moore_reef.php

Then we will fly to Brisbane and drive up to Noosa (as we had to see our {{{Noosa’s}}} namesake! {Smile} On the way to Noosa, we will go past where a dear departed friend {{Roxxi}} used to live which will be rather poignant for me I must admit having also visited where she lived in Canada. We will stay at this hotel

http://www.frenchquarter.com.au/

and we are going whalewatching as well! {smiling} Rob is organising that so I don’t know what boat we will be on yet here is a site which gives some details {Smile}

http://www.seefraserisland.com/ww/ww.html

So that is a little ~taste~ of what we will be doing at the start of the holiday so as to speak yet before that happens we will be in Hong Kong for four days and also in Sydney for 4 days…that will allow time for any jet lag and travel fatigue to pass {Smile}

It was lovely earlier this week as I was able to have a catch up chat with the friends we are visiting there so it really got me started into the holiday spirit {chuckle} Still a lot of work to do here though and how we will get it all into a week I am not sure yet it will be fine. Dear {{babs}} is arriving here next Thursday so will probably pack on Thursday night as she can be more ruthless in deciding what I take with me or leave behind! {chuckle}

All the hotels have the facility for internet connection and friends have internet too hopefully I will be able to write up the~ travelogues~ and get them posted from time to time as I am taking the trusted laptop with me. {Smile}

I think I will do the day to day catch up in a separate post so we can call this part (A) {Smile} be right back… til then

Love always

Mermaid…xxx

Re: copy pasting post from Retreat {Smile} Part (b)

Back with Part (b) {Smile}

Today is {{{worfy’s}}} first swimming day with his hydrotherapy {smile} Paul is going to come home and go with us for that and we will see how he gets on. Hopefully it will help him with his poor joints yet if after three go he is too stressed (or two goes even!) then we will cease. Apparently hydrothereapy is supposed to be very good for his condition so here goes with fingers (and paws) crossed {smile}

We had an interesting and sad experience earlier this week. I was walking the dogs in the long paddock and then came across a bird with its wing caught in the fence. I thought it was a female pheasant and also that it was dead so thought ~aww bless it~ and reached out to touch it. Then lo and hold it raised its head and looked at me with two beautiful brown eyes. It was a Tawny Owl! I got the dogs away and took them in and Paul had arrived home from work so we went back and after a struggle Paul managed to release it from the fence. It’s wing was very badly injured so we took it to our vet. It managed to survive the night and then apparently the vet decided the next morning to put it down as it’s injuries were too severe. I was so angry about that though as we had said we would pay for treatment and it could go to an owl sanctuary yet had to accept the vet’s decision as it had already been done. At least it didn’t die hooked up on a ruddy fence. I don’t know how it go tangled and the only reason I can think is that perhaps a sparrow hawk was after it as I think it was quite a young owl as there was no reason for it to have got caught up the way it did. Anyways it is over the Rainbow Bridge now bless it… I can still see those beautiful eyes and it stayed so calm whilst we worked to free it – bless it {{{Brown Owl energies}}}}}.

We had such rain earlier in the week that there were floods up in Norfolk. {{Dee}} was nearly flooded out as the water was all over her garden yet I think they were ok with the house as they were getting sand bags and the rain stopped. I must give her a call today to make sure that everything is ok.

{{{kermit}}} thank you for letting us know about jayme. I did hold her in my thoughts as I saw the message ages ago then had problems trying to get back in here and I see {{elfina}} has posted to say that all is well with her. {Smile} We are actually going on the Orwell Lady this Saturday night with a couple of friends as it is a musical theme night with it being Abba. I went on that one a couple of years ago and it was great so we had arranged to go on this one – course I forgot that it is a week before we leave for holiday! {smiling} Fingers crossed that the weather will be ok though from the look of the forecast rain is going to happen so it might get a bit squished on board with everyone being down below in the main deck rather than up outside on the top deck … perhaps Universe will be kind and refrain from dropping the water on us for a few hours… {smile} Hope you are well dear friend and as you can see from the above {{worf}}} will get the best of everything to help him we can only do what we do for our four-legged companions…. When it is his time to cross the Rainbow Bridge then he will go with dignity to join Brewster and the labs for we can do that for them. Sending you a {{{warm hug}} across the sea dear friend and an extra special pat for {{bom Bobby}}} {Smile}

{{{Elfina}}} aww lovely to see you back in again – doesn’t it just drive you nuts when it takes forever to try and get in here? {chuckle} Thanks for letting us know about jayme and please pass on my best wishes to her when you next get in touch. What did {{Pat}} think about the Ryder cup then? {wicked grin} I must admit I was glued to the television last Sunday on the final day and thought that Pat probably would be too {chuckle} It will be good to see the next one at Valhalla – Paul says that is a brilliant course. I sat there and cried when Darren Clarke finished his round and everyone came up and hugged him. What a range of emotions.

{{{Diana}}} I am sorry about the msn thinggie the other day… not only did I have messages from you but also from another friend here in the UK who I haven'’ spoken to for a while ... I sent emails to both of you apologising and will try to ensure that when I go away from the computer no msn or messenger thinggies are up and running {Smile} Perhaps will see you later today sweets til then sending you a {{{big warm hug}} {Smiling}

I had a lovely chat on the phone with dear {{robynne}}} earlier this week and at the moment they don’t have a computer so no internet access either which is why she hasn’t been here in the board in recent times. They are all doing well though and it will be lovely to see them again (and go for a ride on Greg’s new motorbike!} {grin}

Well that is about enough from me now for the time being so will plop these two posts in… I hope that everyone is well and leaving a {{{warm group hug}} to {{all}}} who may enter {smile}

Love always

Mermaid…xxx

Just copying a post I left yesterday re the new addition to the family {smile}

Hello dear friends {smile}

Just splashing through to leave some piccies of the new addition to the Magnus family {smile}

Here is the Happy family – Emma, Olly and Archie {smile}

Three generations of male Magni {smile}

Daddy. Mummy, Archie and Grandpa

Will be back later or in the morning to respond to posts as Dee has been here for a few days and she went home today… til then leaving a {{{warm group hug}}}

With love always

Mermaid..xxx

just a bit of Christmas fun {Smile}

Wenceslas wishes you were here…..

Their Majesties King Wenceslas and Queen Berta are currently holidaying in Barbados and will not be back in Bohemia until early in the New Year. They take this opportunity to wish all their friends a very Happy Christmas. Even though they are far away, their thoughts will be with their people especially on the Feast of Stephen.

Instead of sending Christmas cards this year, King Wenceslas is making donations to a number of charities. A full list of these can be found on his website www.wenceslascom/lookout (click on “Good” and follow the links), but here are some of the main causes the King and Queen are supporting.

~Hither and Yonder~. This is the umbrella organisation for a number of self help groups undertaking community projects in the St Agnes area. A great deal of work still needs to be done to restore the fine old St Agnes fountain to its former glory after it was saved from the developers by an energetic local campaign. It also hoped to build a community centre for peasant mothers and toddlers. Money will also be used for essential repairs to the forest fence.

~Give a Boar~. Once again, King Wenceslas is supporting this admirable scheme started by Bohfam, to donate wild boars to the poorest inhabitants of the forest region to help them support themselves by raising livestock. There were teething problems with the scheme last year, but now the most important stretch of the forest fence has been repaired and most of the victims of mauling recovered from the worst of their injuries. Lessons have been learnt and it is time to move ahead with this scheme.

~The Campaign for Sustainable Bohemia~. Thanks to the wonderful work of the popular singer Krok awareness has been raised of the problem of depleting pine logs. The only solution is to turn to some form of sustainable energy, and that is why it is so important to support the plans for a wind farm a good league hence from His Majesty’s castle. More needs to be done to win over local objections. Some dwellings will have to be demolished.

~Deep and Crisp~. This is the charity founded by that wonderful organisation Snow Concern and it is, of course, closely tied to their Majesties’ other environmental interests. Do you remember when the moon shone brightly, the frosts were cruel, and the wind blew stronger? All that could disappear if we don’t do something urgently about climate change. Pretty soon there could be no snow to lie dinted. Scientists say that, if nothing is done, by he year 989, flood water could reach the level of the turret of the castle from which King Wenceslas usually looks out on the Feast of Stephen.

~Stand by Me~. We all know about the growing problem of delinquency in the St Agnes area, having seen it with our own eyes. Many theories will have been put forward to explain this. Some say it is boredom, because peasant youths don’t have enough facilities, while others claim it is the result of being exposed to the constant violent spectacle of vicious wild boards rampaging and goring people.

King Wenceslas had personal experience of the problem when, last Feast of Stephen, a guest of his (a yonder peasant, as it happens) was mugged while making his way home from the castle, somewhat inebriated after a convivial night. In July their Majesties held a charity ball in aid of Stand by Me.

~Tread Thou Boldly~. Queen Berta is patron of this charity which runs a retirement home specially for former pages with frostbitten feet. Alas inadequate footwear for man-servants is a long-standing problem in Bohemia, and they are often expected to go out at all hours of day and night. Tread Thou Boldly offers them expert nursing care and treatment by the nations top chiropodists.

Before they left for Barbados, King Wenceslas and Queen Berta donated a substantial amount of flesh and wine for a charity auction to raise funds to buy a mini-sledge to take patients on outings round our beautiful forested region.

(thanks to end column – Daily Telegraph 12/20/2006)

Hello dear friends {Smile}

I am sorry that have not posted as it has been very busy here especially with Mother staying as she does want one’s fullest attention – then when I have had a bit of time on my own I have just been too worn out to do anything! {Smile}

It has been a nice Christmas – we had our main Christmas dinner taking place on Christmas Eve with the children and the new little one. Mind you when you say children it evokes pictures of little ones and now Olly and Emma are parents themselves and Emma and Dan hoping to be {chuckle}

Babs arrived this week for the New Year so that has been an extra bonus with her here and we managed to go out yesterday to Ipswich to do a little bit of retail therapy in the sales which was great! {Smile} Mother is planning to leave here and return home on Tuesday and I think Babs will stay a couple of days more though am not sure at this moment in time.

I had a chat with Deedee yesterday and can you hold her in your thoughts and send some ~healing energies~ to her for the stitches to hold in her legs as she managed to split them. Mind you perhaps tis Universes way of ensuring that she does slow down somewhat as she has had to. {chuckle}

I hope that all are well and had a good Christmas holiday time. I am now going to leave a little something here that I came across and liked it. And hope you do to {smile}

1, The divine spirit wants spiritual fruit, not religious nuts.
2, There is no key to happiness. The door is always open.
3, Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
4, Laugh every day, it's like inner jogging.
5, Blessed are the flexible for they shall not be bent out of shape.
6, The most important things in your home are the people.
7, He who dies with the most toys is still dead.
8, It's all right to sit on your pity pot every now and again. Just be sure to flush when you are done.
9, Surviving and living your life successfully requires courage. The goals and dreams you're seeking require courage and risk taking. Learn from the turtle, it only makes progress when it sticks out its neck.
10, Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.

If I do not get back later today would like also to wish everyone a very peaceful, prosperous and Happy New Year and I hope 2007 brings everyone all they could wish for and more {smile}

Love always

Mermaid…xxx

PS to the above {Smile}

If you go to the Esoteric Message board either via the Forums

http://www.btinternet.com/~seamaid/forums.htm

or direct there on

http://htmlgear.tripod.com/guest/control.guest?u=seamaid23&i=2&a=view

I will be sharing some writings on the 12 days of Christmas over the next few days which you might enjoy.

Splashing through to leave a {{{warm group hug}}} and a wish for a Happy New Year for {{{all}} who may enter here {Smile}

I hope this coming new year brings all that we would wish for and more {Smile}

much love always

mermaid...xxx

PS I should have some more time to myself after tomorrow when Mother is leaving to return home {Smile}

Good morning dear friends {Smile}

I did make a start on a catch up post the other day and then got sidetracked (yet again). I woke up earlier this morning so thought I would try again before the day takes over… Paul has been home sick with a fluey type bug though hopefully he won’t get the full blown flu as we do have our flu jabs each year. I hope that {{all}} are well and guess that you are all wrapped up in your own ~nows~ also as I have been.

Babs went home on Sunday and it has been the first time for quite a few weeks that there has not been anyone staying here. Dee will be coming over next week – I said to her to leave it til then so that we can just have a bit of quiet time here and tis just as well with Paul coming down with this bug {Smile}

The Christmas decorations have all been taken down and packed in boxes – I just have to get them back in the loft so Michael can help with that on Thursday. Worf is still with us bless him and although he has had a few not so good days he went back swimming yesterday after the Christmas break and really did well so hopefully that is a good sign. I am just doing one day at a time with him and each day is a bonus. He is such a good dog and I will miss him when it is his time to head over the Rainbow Bridge yet hopefully that wo;t be for a little while yet.

Christmas was lovely here though Mother was her usual self. She enjoyed it here though and that is the main thing. We all saw the New Year in together and then Babs stayed on after Mother departed for her home which was lovely. We had a chance to do some retail therapy and hit the sales as well and we got some bargains. I don’t normally do the sales they just happened to be on when we went shopping {smile} Babs treated herself to an iPod Nano which is now top of my wish list for my birthday list! Paul has been informed! {grin} We had a great time figuring out how it works and downloading the iTunes stuff etc etc. Now I have done that I can hopefully get things onto my computer in readiness. {smiling} If Paul does’t get one for me then that is ok as I will treat myself as a reward for a year non smoking! Can’t believe that in 8 days time it will have been one whole year since I stopped. I will wait til my birthday anyways to see if the birthday fairy brings me one {smile}

My next project is now underway with the start of the diet! Stopping smoking has meant that pounds have gone on and the ~click to Quit.com~ web site warned to not try and diet and stop smoking at the same time as it wouldn’t work. Having gone through that I can see why cos I would never have realised that the ~munchies~ would have taken over like they did! So yesterday was the start of day one of the diet and I will stick with this now until I am back to my target weight. Nothing like using that Ray One Will/Poer to good effect and I have now faced the two fears that I didn’t think I could do without the ~comfort ~of ciggies. (1) maybe not being able to deal with stress and (2) the weight gain. I have faced (2) well and truly and managed to deal with (1) as and when needed so that was good although it has taken some doing especially with the weight gain. Have faced a few demons of my own and gone within and come out the other side hopefully with a better perspective. Nothing like a few Saturn transits to test ones resolve is there? As I am only a couple of years away from my second Saturn return hopefully the lessons I am learning now (with Saturn going back and forth in my first house) will stand me in good stead for when that happens and then I can sail through it! {smile}

Well enough of waffling (mind you it is a Sun day for me today!) and will go through the posts for a catch up which hopefully won’t take two long as there aren’t too many {Smile}

{{{kermit}} you are very welcome for the posting and glad I was able to help. Hope you are now getting your computer all sorted out again – mine has been kicking up also (perhaps in readiness for Mercury Rx in a month or so!) yet it seems ok at the moment so am trying not to tempt providence {chuckle} Sending love and {{hugs}} to you and dear {{bom bobby}}} and thank you for being you dear friend.

{{diana}}} hope that all is well with you and {{Ed}} and the {{Willdren Clan}}} and that you are continuing to heal … will see if I can give you a call a bit later this week just to check up on you sweets as hopefully we will not have another revisit for you! {{{hugs}} and {{more healing energies}}} being sent your way.

{{Fee}}} Happy New Year to you sweets and thank you for the email with recipe! Hope you got the photos ok that I sent back to you.

{{robynne}} have finally responded to your email though I think you might be in Sidney at the moment? If you are I hope you are having a great time there and look forward to hearing from you when you are back {{{hugs}}}}

{{{elfina}}} did you get your computer sorted out as you have not been here since 21st December? I see that Tripod have finally sorted out the verification thing as I can copy/paste with a word document again thank goodness as I find it easier to write in a word document and an scroll through the messages then in the board. It certainly saves me a lot of time now that I fon’t have to go in a remove all the stupid cr*p that has been left here in the past. {Smile} I got lots of piccies with me and baby {{Archie}}} at the hospital and we really enjoyed having him here at Christmas – Emma is managing well with him and hopefully I can go into Ipswich soon to see them though not whilst Paul is down with a bug as I wouldn’t want to take that over to them. Am going to be ~Nana Liz~ to him and Paul is going to be ~Grandpa~ {chuckle} I had already thought of the Nana name before I saw your post (as that is what I called my paternal grandmother) so shows that we are on the same wave length doesn’t it? {Smile} You know reading again your post of the mermaid pictures reminds me of when you sent me the first mermaid picture (Circle of Friends) and I loved that one so much so that I have a large gicee reproduction of it framed here on my wall… I got to know Jim Warren (the artist) through it and am very sure that I would love this new one you have seen…{Smile} Hope you had a lovely Christmas sweetie and look forward to seeing a post from you in here! {{{hugs}}}

{{{robin}}}I hope that your surgery went well for you on the 28th – sending out the thought wave for you to pop in and leave a message together with some {{{healing energies}}}} {{hugs}}} PS did you get some snow at all?

Well looking at the clock I am going to pop this post in else another day will have passed without a response. I am sorry if I have not been posting as much as I would have liked – hopefully this year will be different we shall see {Smile} To those whom I may not have mentioned by name in this post my thoughts are still with you and hopefully it will not be too long before you call in again.{smile}

Heading off to start my day and leaving a {{warm group hug}}} to {{all}} who may enter here together with a little ~thought~

~Our life is what our thoughts make of it~ Marcus Aurelius

with love always

mermaid…xxx

1 2