Return to Website

Vocalist Forum
Message Board

This Forum is CLOSING!! You may READ the messages but no longer POST messages. Please go to Singing Teachers and use the new forum provided to post messages.

Vocalist Forum
Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: clear voice??

Hi Mary Beth and Sean

It's true that falsetto and full voice are not the same for the reasons we have given. I do find though that working with falsetto voice can give students confidence that they can make tone on higher pitches. It's not an end product but a means of dealing with the whole person as well as the voice.

You do get a flip when you change from falsetto to full voice, and this helps students to identify what they are doing with their upper register.

Sometimes the upper register is squeaky because the larynx posture of the singer is still horizontal, and there hasn't been any thyroid tilt, or far too little. It's hard to make a judgement without hearing Sean sing but it is interesting talking about it.

Regards
Agnes

im so confused lol. these are all great ideas but putting them into practise is extremely difficult because ive completely lost my starting point for head voice and have no idea how to get into it anymore lol. I'm getting there (i know this sounds contradictory) but its really frustrating.

Dear Sean

This problem needs the help of a teacher, and it would be a good idea for you to work with someone on your singing. I can offer you ideas but one of the things that someone said at the last conference but one that I went to, was that if there is a simple solution to a complex problem, it's probably wrong, and I think that's probably true.

You need another pair of ears to help you. There are lots of teachers registered here an on other websites.

Good luck and don't stop trying
Agnex