Return to Website

Vocalist Forum
Message Board

This Forum is CLOSING!! You may READ the messages but no longer POST messages. Please go to Singing Teachers and use the new forum provided to post messages.

Vocalist Forum
Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Speech Level Singing

Cam anyone give me advice about teaching singing. I am 39 yrs old & have been singing for over 30 years. I began lessons at 9 and for the next 30 years I have had singing lessons from over 8 teachers - 4 of them experts/professors in their field. I have learned about twang, belt, speeech quality, breathy quality etc and recently I have been looking into SLS (Seth Riggs). I graduated with a 2:1 in Music in 2002. (my 12,000 word thesis was about the Jo Estill method of singing).
I have worked as a pro singer for 20 years & have a wealth of experience as a performer & also play piano, sax & clarinet.
I would like to teach singing to others (so far I have taught my neice an 8 year old - she is doing great!) but don't have any 'formal' teaching qualification. (I only have a grade 5 (distinction) in classical singing when I was 16 - but I'm really not into classicalat all)
Could anyone suggest what I could do to get a 'teaching qualification' - I would like to teach contemporary singing - particularly pop & musical theatre.
Thankyou
Joanne Wright