Welcome to our Forum

Active Health Sports Therapy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sports Massage Level??

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone can help?
How do you find out what level of Sports Massage Therapy you are qualified to? I gained a VTCT Sports Massage Certificate a few years ago now and was looking to take some more advanced courses but i don't know what level is best for me?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Andy

Re: Sports Massage Level??

VTCT certificates are set at practitioner level, which is level 3
what advanced training are you looking at? what have you done since qualifiying?
this would help me give specific advice
regards
Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks for your reply. I was interested in the advanced Sports massage courses, level 4 & 5 or any that will enhance my current skills really but obviously i was unsure at what level my qualification was classed as. Since qualifying i have only practised in my spare time mobile and from home.

Regards

Andy

personally I woulkdnt bother with higher level sports massage, VTCT simply ecpect 500 hours supervised practise after several days training, but in my opinion if you do sports massage already what can be different? i would go for a level 5 course that meets the sports therapy national ocupational standards and gives you a range of objective assessment skills and the ability to fix what massage maintains, hope that helps
regards
Gary

Hi Gary,

Thanks for the advice and as i now know i am only a Level 3 i want to be a Level 5!!
I will have a look into some recognised courses.

Thanks again and enjoy your day

Andy