Sports Therapy Forum

Welcome to our Forum

Active Health Sports Therapy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I want to retrain as a Sports Therapist

For a few years I have been looking for a way out of the Engineering world in which I currently make my living. It has taken a while to work out which direction I wish to go in, but as I’ve always been an active person, I figured going into Sports in some way would be the right course of action.
After much thought, I have made the decision that I will get myself retrained as a Sports Therapist and have been recommended this Active Health Group’s course (http://www.activehealthgroup.org.uk/level_5_advanced_sports_therapy ) by two friends who have done it.

As a full time engineer, a parent, and a practicing Martial Artist, I will have to balance my time carefully and need to understand what is involved timewise, so am left wondering how much time (months rather than hours) it normally takes a person.

At the moment, I am planning to raise funds over the next couple of months, then purchase the course and work from there.
I assume that the practical content (20 weekday format) can only be started after a level of knowledge and understanding is attained – home study, etc?

Of course, any other advice that might be useful would also be appreciated.

Re: I want to retrain as a Sports Therapist

Hi Danny, if you email(address is on this thread) me a contact number I will give you a call about this, or you can phone the office to discuss, Elisha the training manager will be able to help you. I came to this industry from a construction background following a recurrence of a sporting injury, I wish I had done it 10 years earlier
regards
Gary