Sports Therapy Forum

Welcome to our Forum

Active Health Sports Therapy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clinician study

I am an MSc sports therapy student based at UCLAN in Preston. I am currently studying the uniformity of knee rehabilitation between clinicians and I was wondering if you might be able to fill out an online questionnaire for me. It focuses on knee rehab, specifically post surgery but should apply to what you offer also. All information should be included. If you have any questions please let me know.
Also if you know anybody else it may be worth me contacting, please let me know or forward the details on to them.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/9GS7QGW

Thankyou

Stephen

Re: Clinician study

From a persoanl perspective, any athlete who I see post surgery tends to have been discharged from the NHS Physio route prior to my intervention, therefore it is likely to be several weeks into the rehab plan, once functional capability has been reached, they are discharged, so my approach would be compromised initially and possibly begins with recreational conditioning. This has occurred with clients undergoing full knee replacement, ACL reconstruction, MCL reconstruction and arthroscopy.

My question therefore is; does your study allow for split approaches or allow for delayed start rehab
regards
Gary