Sports Therapy Forum

Welcome to our Forum

Active Health Sports Therapy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Imminent Sports Therapy Regulation

I have just heard from a very reputable source that statutory regulation for sports therapy is imminent and that as long as I keep paying my membership fees, I am guaranteed that I will be regulated, even with my diploma! Yipeeeee!

Re: Imminent Sports Therapy Regulation

Now that isn't exactly true is it! Imminent in who's world? A crocodiles? A tortoise? Or something else that lives for decades?

My advice would be to get this confirmed by the HPC themselves, and if it turns out that it actually isn't imminent, contact your trading standards dept, because there are laws to protect against a company making false claims.

Mr Bill Lee Lya
I have just heard from a very reputable source that statutory regulation for sports therapy is imminent and that as long as I keep paying my membership fees, I am guaranteed that I will be regulated, even with my diploma! Yipeeeee!

So the reputable source (aka Prof or one of his paid directors) has promised you that by continuing to pay him a few hundred quid a year, like you or many have done for the last 6 years, ( each member possibly £1000 over 6 years) (multiplied by a few hundred members get you to a few hundred thousand pounds) The same professional association that has changed its "claim" of being the lead body for Sports therapy , to leading membership association, that "only accepts BSc as an entry route, but hypocritically runs diplomas via NIM ( where you can get 10 days qualitiy training for a couple of grand, with no prerequisite qualifications, you can be seen as an equal in membership terms as qualified as their degree graduates taking 3 years, because your £300 is worth the same as theirs)

The facts are in black and white, well a white paper from Feb 2010 when the Government basically said no other professions would be regulated because there was no money or MOG machinery of Government to progress the application.

Or you could join the STO, for £35 get great insurance deal for £46 and get regular truthful newsleters, free CPD, access to subsidised conferences ( next year regionalised)
#justsaying

just found this on healthypages forum

"not had an update on here for a while, however, just to keep everyone informed, during the last two weeks I have had emails from HPHC (HPC), Dept of Health and the Scottish Government.

The HPHC states once again that there will be no regulation of sports therapists through them.

The Dept of Health has said there wil be no statutory regulation of sports therapists, and their preferred route is still voluntary assured regulation (which we already have)

The Scottish Government has stated that it will not pursue statutory regulation for sports therapists."

I saw a job advertised the other day for a Sports Therapist, with the criteria being HPC registered or NHS experience essential.

What chance do you have when the idiots recruiting have no idea?

Just makes me laugh now