Sports Therapy Forum

Welcome to our Forum

Active Health Sports Therapy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CNHC registration

Hi all.

I would love to get your feedback on the benefits you have experienced of registration with CNHC or any other company.
I am in the process of potentially not renewing mine as I personally am not seeing real tangable/financial benefits that they claim to provide.
I have been in business for over 10 years and been registered with various 'bodies' and apart from the discount on products & courses from the STO, and the cheap insurance through FHT, I am having difficulty seeing any benefit to my business.

For example the CNHC claim:

(CNHC) around 50,000 practitioner searches have been made on CNHC’s register during 2011, demonstrating more than ever how important CNHC registration is to the public.....
(Me) None of my clients know who they are and people have found me via Google, not a register

(CNHC) Employment advantages: Bodies such as employers and commissioners are increasingly using CNHC registration as a requirement for employment or referrals.....
(Me) erm? Really? What jobs?

(CNHC) PR support: CNHC registered practitioners have been gaining a wide range of local coverage by using PR support provided by CNHC. One practitioner in South Gloucestershire said that using the CNHC’s PR materials had helped her double her business.....
(Me) 1 practitioner in a register of over supposedly 5000? Not great!

Would love to get your thoughts. Am I being over critical or am I missing something? I can tell you in my first 2 years as a Sports Masseur, before progressing professionally, I was not registerd with anyone and I can't remember there being any difference to the reputation of me and my business.

Regards
Marv

Re: CNHC registration

Im sticking with STO, membership at £35 and insurance at £46, just because I get kept up to date and the insurance is comprehensive for my needs

not renewing CNHC, they dont have enough members to generate the funds needed to police their own standards.

When I was working at CNHC, they introduced a "tag line" are you good enough to register ? , it should have been "as long as you pay us, you're in " thats why I left my role a ST advisor

Re: CNHC registration

I am thinking twice about renewing. I registered with CNHC as a couple of clients were reclaiming through workplace schemes and they recognised CNHC registrations. Personally though - not sure that I recover the cost of the fee.