Sports Therapy Forum

Welcome to our Forum

Active Health Sports Therapy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Paid Event work with Pacesetter Events

Hi All,

see below - an e-mail I received from Lynne Roscow regards provision of Sports Therapy at a couple of races organised by Pacesetter Events. To my knowledge, Lynne is no affiliated to STO, but nonetheless, for anyone looking for event work over the summer, these events are a great opportunity. Feel free to contact Lynne directly if you are interested in any of the events.

Hi everyone.

I wanted to let you all know that I have agreed with Mark Shaw (who organises these events in Rutland) that I will be the point of contact for organising the massage therapists. It helps him by removing just one aspect of organising such a big event!

I realise that some of you might not have decided which events you will be doing this year, so I will get in touch about a month or so before each event to see who is attending. But if you already know what you are doing, please do let me know, even if you just express an interest in attending.

Last year we had 4 or 5 at each event which seemed fine in general. We could manage up to 6 at the Vitruvian. We had a steady stream of folk coming through, but don’t know how many didn’t want to wait, so may have been able to work on more competitors if we had more hands (there were only 4 of us at that one!).

There will be a couple of gazebos there (mine and Keith’s), mine has room for 2 couches and someone is welcome to share if you want to…unless it is too windy to put the thing up! Feel free to bring your own if you have one and want to use it.

The going rate (for those who didn’t do it last year) is £10 for 15mins.

I have been thinking about providing a few chairs for competitors to sit on while waiting, but I don’t have any available to me as yet, so if anyone can, and is willing, to lay their hands on a few plastic chairs and bring them along that might be good.

Any questions/comments/suggestions very welcome. I have listed below the dates etc. for the 3 events at Rutland this year (copied from Mark’s email).

Finally, as soon as Mark has the race day information available I will forward it on.

DAMBUSTER TRIATHLON - Saturday June 22nd 2013

1.5km Swim – 42km Bike – 10km Run

2013 ITU Standard Distance Triathlon World Championships Qualifier

2014 ETU Standard Distance Triathlon European Championships Qualifier

VITRUVIAN TRIATHLON - Saturday August 31st 2013

1.9km Swim – 85km Bike – 21km Run

11th year of the 220Triathlon Event of the Year 2008, 2009, 2010

Lynne Roscrow, MISRM

www.lrsportsmassage.co.uk

Twitter: @LRSportsMassage

01455 888671

07930 574598