Sports Therapy Forum

Welcome to our Forum

Active Health Sports Therapy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Summer Events 2012 - One Step Beyond

Hi All

One Step Beyond are one of the UK major triathlon events providers. Following on from work undertaken with them in 2012, they have agreed for STO to manage the provision of Sports Therapy at all of their 2013 events.

The work is chargeable, so experienced Therapists will have the chance to earn a fee (this will be a standard fee agreed by the STO). For students, this is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable event experience (as required for your log-books), while also covering expenses.

I am looking to put together teams with a mix of both experienced hands and students. For some of the events, we need a large team and may need to operate a shift system.

The events/dates are as follows (number of Therapists required shown in brackets)

23 Mar, Clumber Duathlon, Clumber Park (4)
21 Apr, David Lloyd Sprint Tri, Lincoln (2)
5 May, Sprint Tri, Southwell (2)
31 May, Workplace Sprint Tri, Nottingham (3)
1 Jun, Nottingham Tri (8-10)
2 Jun, Outlaw Half, Nottingham(15)
8 Jun, Rother Valley (3)
9 Jun, Rother Valley (3)
6 Jul, Big Swim Nottingham (3)
7 Jul, Outlaw, Nottingham, (20)
21 Jul, Woodhall Spa, (3)
24 Aug, Club Relays, Nottingham (4)
25 Aug, Club Relays, Nottingham (4)
22 Sep, Esendex Last Minute Tri, Nottingham (2)
5 Oct, Clumber Park Adventure Challenge (4)
9 Nov, Robin Hood Adventure Challenge (6)
7 Dec Santa Run, Nottingham (2)

In the first instance, register your interests in helping at these events by e-mailing me (with the date/dates that you would like to help) at dave.camm@btinternet.com

I will allocate places based on peoples preferences while also trying to ensure that everyone gets a fair allocation. Each event will be coordinated by a lead person, who will act as the contact for Therapists on the day. Once you have submitted your request, you will hear back from the leader with instructions for the day.

This is a great opportunity to work at some of the leading Triathlon events in the country this year. Although east midlands based, the events attract competitors from all over the country particularly the Outlaws and the Nottingham Tri/Rother Valley events as these are European/International Triathlon Union qualifying races.

I look forward to seeing some of you at the events (you might also get to treat me if I decide to compete this year!)

All the best.

Dave
STO Events Coordinator

Re: Summer Events 2012 - One Step Beyond

this sounds great I will have a look at my diary Dave to see which I can do and get back to you :)

Re: Summer Events 2012 - One Step Beyond

So good to see that the STO are getting paid work for its members and even better to see that its in triathlon / endurance events :)

Well done Gary, Richard, Christian, Dave et all!