Welcome to our Forum

Active Health Sports Therapy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Job Opportunity Bournemouth

WANTED: Sports Massage Therapist

Dear Prospective sports massage therapist,

First of all, thanks for reading my job post. It's my hope that you have precisely what I need in a sports massage therapist so I can take this ad down immediately and put you to work in the fun and rewarding position available.

If you have enthusiasm, a positive attitude and a sports massage qualification, I have a £10 /hr, fun and fulfilling sports massage position just for you!
My name is alex chisnall and I run a sports massage company at the Littledown Centre, Bournemouth.

My business is dedicated to helping women and men recover from injury, alleviate pain from repetitive strain injuries and generally make them feel good through sports massage therapy.

And business is booming!

I'm looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and energetic person to start treating some of our current clients.

My treatment room is located at The Littledown Centre, Chaseside, Bournemouth, BH7 7DX.

The Littledown centre has 27,000 visits on average per week so there is a lot of footfall at the centre. We are also able to reach 4500 e-newsletter subscribers and 2500 weekly visitors to the gym via the screen promotion.
We also have posters, banners and fliers throughout the centre.
We are also featured on the Littledown website and intranet site as well as being featured in the seasonal magazines throughout the BH Live Group which as well as owning the Littledown centre also owns the BIC, the Pavillion, Pelham's Park and Stokewood Road Leisure Centres so there is plenty of opportunity for cross-promotion.
We also can set up a massage bed inside the reception and foyer area at the Littledown to promote our services to potential customers.

Duties and Tasks
Massage therapists may perform the following tasks:

Take a case history and assess the client's physical condition.
Massage the soft tissues of the human body, such as muscles, tendons and ligaments, to assist healing.
Assess and treat specific injuries and other soft tissue dysfunction, and provide rehabilitation advice.
Administer treatments to promote relaxation, improve blood circulation and relieve muscle tension
Use a range of techniques to enhance sports performance and prevent injury.
Provide advice on stretching exercises and relaxation techniques.
Promote your services throughout the Centre on a weekly basis with the possibility of seasonal promotions at nearby Corporate facilities including offices and the hospital.

Required Skills
Good communication skills: you will be talking with my clients, who are VERY important to me. You must be comfortable conversing in-person and on the phone and know how to conduct yourself professionally. Manners and professionalism are a must.
People skills and personality: must LOVE working with people! As mentioned above you must be very comfortable working with people.
Sports Massage Education: you do not need sports massage experience, but you should have a working knowledge of sports massage therapy and a sports massage qualification
Insurance: Your own public liability insurance

Bonus Skills
If you do have these additional skills, your cv will go right to the top of the pile (but if you don't have these skills, you should still apply because these are not mandatory):
Previous sports massage experience
First Aid qualification
CRB check

If you are hired for this position, you'll begin treating clients in the treatment room 2-3 days a week, 3-4 hours per day, initially on a Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday, including one or two evenings.
Exactly how many hours depends largely on you as well as how successful our marketing efforts are. The potential is there to work as many hours as you want. In the next 90 days we will also be looking for another therapist to are hire as Mondays, Wednesdays Fridays and Sundays also becoming available.
So the potential is there to work as many hours you want and you will be rewarded with an increase in salary too.

You will be paid as an independent contractor and have the opportunity to increase your pay after a 90-day trial period.
The Littledown centre offers a casual, fun environment with a fully equipped treatment room.

I am looking to hire the right person relatively quickly.
So if this job sounds good to you, then please email your CV along with a covering letter addressing the following questions:

1. Tell me a little about your background...
2. What about this position interests you most?
3. What experience, education, and / or certificates do you hold that would make you a good fit for this position?
4. What interpersonal (i.e. people) skills do you possess that would make you an exceptional sports massage therapist?
5. What do you feel makes you stand out above all other applicants for this position?

Again, thanks very much for your interest.

Alex Chisnall Sports Massage
alexchisnall@rocketmail.com

P.S. This is not the type of job where just showing up is enough. Performance is everything to me. If you perform,you will be rewarded. I want nothing more than to find a person who takes real interest in doing good work and taking care of our clients. If that's you, I promise that £10 / hour is only the starting point. I recognise and reward performance!

With all that said, as I mentioned in the headline, enthusiasm and a positive attitude go a long way in my book. I'm a very positive, upbeat person494u and appreciate those qualities in others. As long as you have the basic skills i mentioned, and a great attitude, you're definitely a candidate!
So submit your information today!

Re: Job Opportunity Bournemouth

Hi Alex,
did you ask permision to put this advertisement on here, its not a problem but you will find those that frequesnt this forum wont work for that fee, most are extremely well trained and are busy therapists, you msy also have an issue surrounding the wording of your job opportunity, A recently qualified sports massage therapist(who may be interested in this position) will not be competent treating injuries or be insured to do so. the qualifications now clearly state "work on non pathalogical tissues"
regards
Gsry