Sports Therapy Forum

Welcome to our Forum

Active Health Sports Therapy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MoD vacancy requires BASRaT membership

Hi Guys,

don't know if you have seen this but was curious as to what you thought about the requirements?

Cheers,

Simon.

link: https://jobs.civilservice.gov.uk/company/nghr/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTMxNTMzMSZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT0xMjA3Jm93bmVyPTUwNTAwMDAmb3duZXJ0eXBlPWZhaXImYnJhbmRfaWQ9MCYmcmVxc2lnPTEzNjU2ODIzMDYtMTU5YTM5YmI0MzgwYzliYzE2ZGFjN2Y4MTQxYzdkZDgzNGJiYjU0YQ==

Re: MoD vacancy requires BASRaT membership

I have this morning spoken directly to the officer in charge of this vacancy, i have been told that although the advert cannot be changed, any member of any professional association who can prove cometency in this role and meet their lead body criteria, may apply. I am in further discussion to change their policy wording, especially as they informed me that Basrat were "regulated". those serving in the military ARE required to be BASRAT members and I cant change that, they therefore want parity betwen military and civilian staff, hence the advert wording. I will involve all the relevant authorities and do my utmost to rectify these discriminations however, having military experience I kind of suspect that the MOD may be a tough nut to crack, but apply and let me know how you get on
Gary, Chair STO