Sports Therapy Forum

Welcome to our Forum

Active Health Sports Therapy Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
does my daughter need a degree

Hi

I've just discovered your website, when researching sport therapy with my daughter. She is currently at college doing sports and exercise science, and thinking about what next. Have been looking at sport therapy degrees but after looking here and reading some of the forums, now not sure whether this is the best route to take. As her college course is an nvq l3 could she continue down the college route? Apologies for the long post, but any advice really appreciated. Regards Tracy

Re: does my daughter need a degree

unfortunately there are not many FE college providers for sports therapy that run courses which meet the national occupational standards, also the L3 S&E science wont usually give yoy the prerequisite qualification to access higher level courses, youve obviously done some research, I would recommend doing some more and contacting providers to see if their courses meet your daughters needs, where do you live ? if its close to manchester or london then i could reccomend a course that produces the best prepared therapists to succeed in this industry
regards
Gary