Return to Website

Zone Programs Discussion Group

Discussions, help, and suggestions about the MSN Gaming Zone programs distributed by www.wingflyer.com

Zone Programs Discussion Group
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: might be known already

Hi Thomas,

I downloaded your file and ran it through the convertor with no problem. The only Issue I had was that Snowie won't read in a match with more than 48 pts, so I just told the convertor that it was 48 pts, ran the conversion, imported the match, and ran the Analysis without an error. I am using Snowie 3, so I don't know if that may be the difference.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

for 1, i´ve uploaded an example zone-logfile of a 3pt match under http://piranhazone.tripod.com/1.txt its no real match, just a short example but i guess u can see compared to the way the zone handles the rules it is possible to play this exact match

convert it as a 3pt match, try to run snowie on it and snowie will crash on 4th move of 3rd game

for 2, i´m not looking for an alert in case the zonefile doesn´t exist, i´m looking for an alert in case the destination jellyfish file already exists, right now the zoneconverter overwrites the destination file without any check or alert wether i want to overwrite it, usualy i don´t keep the zonefiles, but i do keep the jellyfish files sorted by filenames, so if i forget to change the destination filename the converter overwrites my previous jellyfish file instead of creating a new one

Replying to:

Hi Thomas,

Sorry, I have been offline for awhile. TO your questions :

1.) I'm not sure what I would be looking for, if you come across one of those conditions, send me the file and I will see if there is anything I can do.

2.) There's two reason for saving the last zone file converted. Obviously in case you need to re-run it, but also so that you can point to the same directory, so if you are in the habit of saving files in the same spot, this makes it easy to find the new ones if you save them in the same folder. Do you think that there should be some sort of alert if the zonefile doesn't exist?

Thanks for your support and ideas.

Jim

Replying to:

I´m using the Zoneconverter for long time now, I´m happy it exists and I´ve learned how to handle the few bugs, not even sure if it really is a bug

1.) Against all BG rules, Zone allows senseless doubles past winning score, for example, 5pt match, score 4-3, past crawford, cube on 2 already, now the zone allows endless doubles and redoubles up to cube x64, it doesn´t make any sense and BG rules don´t allow this, but zone does and once in a while u have a player who tries it, hoping the opponent will resign instead of take, the converter takes it and converts it as a legal move, but snowie crashes from this, therefore u have to manually remove the dlb from the log before running the converter

2.) The converter keeps the last entered info about players names and filenames for import and export, but it does NOT check if the destination file exists already what means if u forget to change the destination it will overwrite the destination file without to prompt