Sonya's Mystery Shoppers Forum

Chat it up with fellow mystery shoppers! This is a general discussion group - all topics are welcome, but please keep it shopping related. As with any public comments, please keep it professional!

Sonya's Mystery Shoppers Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: Tax Status - Schedule C or 1040?

Krista;

I know this is a day late and a dollar short, but obviously looking at the dates, hopefully you can answer my questions, Which form did you wind up using?, and did you list as mystery shopping or another type of business? Thank you

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

We do secret shopping and would like to understand how we put this into the tax forms. In TurboTax it asks if 1099-MISC (secret shopping income) should be reported on:

Schedule C - If you earned this income as part of a self-employed business.

Schedule F - (farm income - obviously not the right category)

Form 1040 - to report this as wages.

My question is, can we put this on Schedule C or does it go right to FOrm 1040? How do you decide?

Thanks,

Larry and Krista

Re: Re: Tax Status - Schedule C or 1040?

I'm the one who posted the messege........day late and dollar short. I didn't realize I didn't give my name.

Replying to:

Krista;

I know this is a day late and a dollar short, but obviously looking at the dates, hopefully you can answer my questions, Which form did you wind up using?, and did you list as mystery shopping or another type of business? Thank you

Replying to:

We do secret shopping and would like to understand how we put this into the tax forms. In TurboTax it asks if 1099-MISC (secret shopping income) should be reported on:

Schedule C - If you earned this income as part of a self-employed business.

Schedule F - (farm income - obviously not the right category)

Form 1040 - to report this as wages.

My question is, can we put this on Schedule C or does it go right to FOrm 1040? How do you decide?

Thanks,

Larry and Krista