Low Carb is Easy.com discussion forum

Welcome!

Forum: Low Carb is Easy.com discussion forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Eat less meat to save the planet?

Are other low carbers as concerned as I am about this new message that you should reduce your meat consumption to reduce global warming? The head of the UN panel on climate made this point recently and it has been all over the web:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/7600005.stm

I've put the relevant links at

http://lowcarbclimatechange.blogspot.com/

and would like to hear reactions from low carbers. Jimmy Moore had a few things to say, but other than that it has been quiet.

Thanks,
Brian

Re: Eat less meat to save the planet?

I must admit that this is the first I've heard of it, and no, I'm not concerned in the least.

To be honest, I'm sick to death of being dictated to over what I can or can't eat or do, and if I hear the words 'climate change', 'global warming' or 'carbon footprint' much more I will scream.

Email  
Re: Eat less meat to save the planet?

"But if we're honest, less meat is also good for the health, and would also at the same time reduce emissions of greenhouse gases."

Oh dear. The author of the article has obviously never been exposed to any of the compelling evidence that meat IS an important part of the diet for most people and is just parrotting the usual 'meat is full of fat which makes it dangerous for our hearts' misinformation.

Well, actually, if we made everyone go vegetarian that probably would be a good way to save the planet - by killing off most of the population. But I'm sure that's not the effect of eating less meat that he is envisaging.

If only the climate change people, when proposing changes that affect people's diet and therefore their health, would talk to the paleo diet people first!

Jackie

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Blogs   Email Forms   Free Web Hosting