Low Carb is Easy.com discussion forum

Welcome!

Forum: Low Carb is Easy.com discussion forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Help please!

Hi, I have finaaly decided to lose weight. After working out at the gym for 4 weeks I havent lost any weight so have now decided to go on a diet as well as do regular exercise. I have decided to try the low carb low GI diet. Although I have a book and the recipes in it seem boring and i dont really like fish. Also it says on this website you shouldnt drink fruit juices, but can you drink fruit juices if yoiu juice the fruit yourself? So many questions and so not enough space. Also how do you get the cookbook i keep reading about. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Email  
Re: Help please!

Lorna

Very many apologies for not having replied sooner - the email notifications from the forum stopped arriving in my mailbox so I didn't know new messages were there!

The secret of doing low carb or low GI is to get a good cookbook which shows you how to make the items that are 'trickier' to do on low carb. Too many low carb cookbooks simply give recipes for main courses that were never carby in the first place! Check out the Low Carb / Low GI Cookbook at www.lowcarbiseasy.com/cookbook.htm as this tells you how to make proper satisfying meals on the diet. It also ensures you don't become bored, by showing how to make low carb versions of your high carb favorites such as ice cream, bread, pies, quiche, cheesecake, cookies, cakes, porridge, granola and many other treats.

Regarding fruit juices, these are a bad idea on a low carb or low GI diet because your body gets an instant sugar hit with them. Advertisements make out fruit juice to be very healthy, but actually for most of us they are simply too hard on our blood sugar/insulin balance and we should keep fruit juice for an occasional treat only.

Jackie

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com