Return to Website

Low Carb is Easy.com discussion forum

Welcome!

Forum: Low Carb is Easy.com discussion forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
Very, very pleased with my weight loss results!

Hi all, I'm new here but have been doing Atkins for 1 week and have lost 13lbs. I can hardly believe it!

I have been starting the day with egg, bacon, sausage, mushrooms and tomatoes. For lunch I have been having either fish or chicken with salad or stir fried veg. For dinner I have been eating lamb, beef or fish with steamed green veg. I drink 2l of water a day.

I haven't been bored at all with the diet, my fave meals so far was steak with blue cheese sauce and broccoli or spicy chicken stir fry with corgette, pepper and onion with sour cream and a little bit of salsa.

I think the key is to find sauces and spices with low carb content.

I have missed fruit and have found it really hard to give up coffee. Why is caffine advised to be avoided?

Anyway, good luck everyone.

Re: Very, very pleased with my weight loss results!

Very many apologies for not having replied sooner - the email notifications from the forum stopped arriving in my mailbox so I didn't know new messages were there!

Hopefully your great weight loss results have continued since your first week, and you're enjoying the other health benefits that a low carb diet brings.

Regarding the caffeine question, I think that the advice to avoid this is more to do with the belief that it is not good for you (note I say 'belief' not 'fact', as there are various camps on this question). However, you definitely know you're having too much caffeine if it gives you palpitations, and also if you get withdrawal symptoms eg headaches when you stop having it.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Web Calendars   Counters & Site Stats   Online Photo Albums   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com