Low Carb is Easy.com discussion forum

Welcome!

Forum: Low Carb is Easy.com discussion forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
All of a sudden it's not working!

I've been successfully low carbing for 5 months, staying within a 2 lb. range. All of a sudden scale is not responding. No chg in schedule or exercise. Only chg I've made is returning to Atkins Induction phase. Body holding onto lbs. @ high end of range. Even gained a lb on 3rd day. What's happening? Why is body not using fat stores?

Email  
Re: All of a sudden it's not working!

It might possibly be the amount of protein you're eating. Protein intake in excess of what you need gets converted to glucose ('gluconeogenesis') and in this way acts just like carbs. My suggestion would be to check your daily protein intake.

Regards
Jackie

Re: All of a sudden it's not working!

Dear Jackie,
Thank you, as always, for responding to my post so quickly. I thought about your possible explanation of my situation and, although it didn't exactly "fit", it directed my focus on my protein consumption. Perhaps the "glitch" was not enough protein, rather than too much. Anyway, the scale (and my recalcitrant body) has begun to respond, as I knew it must. Thank you again for being out there when I need you.
Tiny Dancer

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Counters & Site Stats   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools   Cheap Domains