UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blossom Toes or BB Blunder?

I've been listening to the double BB Blunder cd and both blossom Toes albums,and i've come to the conclusion that i preferred "Workers PLaytime"over both "If only for a moment"and "We are ever so clean",am i in a minority in thinking that or are there any others who feel the same,i suppose its like uk Kaleidoscope and Fairfield Parlour,does anyone feel that the later is more enjoyable?Anyway back to BBBlunder,the extra cd worth of out takes etc are mainly of a high standard too and could easily have been intermigled with "Workers Playtime",i haven't really got an argument for or against,i just get a better vibe from "Workers Playtime",and thoroughly enjoy listening to it,even "Rocky Yagbag"!!!!!Be interested t6o hear others views on this!!THank you!!

Re: Blossom Toes or BB Blunder?

Well for one thing, all three albums are different to each other. The track "Seed" from Worker's Playtime is, as they say, worth the price of admission alone.

i am not a massive fan of workers playtime but love the blossom toes albums.

I've always thought the Workers Playtime album is the masterpiece. I like the other two, but if I had to grab one from a burning building, it would be Worker's Playtime. I think of it as the spaciness of Hawkwind, but with less repetitiveness.
I'm curious to hear the extra tracks on the latest CD. Every CD version I've heard cuts off the end of "New Day" which is verging on sacrilegious.

BB Blunder did a BBC session for the BBC, ft Reg King.

Anyone here who have it?

I love the track ''Earache'' residing as one of the bonus tracks on the 2CD Edition 'Worker's', well recorded drumming imho...

Since my original post about 2 years ago,i have came to like all 3 albums,but im with Joe on this,i think BB Blunder is their magnum opus,great music on Workers Playtime and i have reassesed the extra disc on Sunbeams cd,most is of good standard but a lot of it feels like jamming,but of a very high standard,not like the boring noodling on the extra disc of the Deluxe Blind Faith cd for example,As for Blossom Toes,there are now 4 cds worth of their material all released by Sunbeam,you have the Rarities cd and the Live cd to add to the official 2 albums.So theres a lot to choose from,i remember the days i had to buy a Japanese cd of "We are ever so clean"and an import of "If only for a Moment"at an unbleievable price,now there so readily available thanks to the likes of Sunbeam and other labels making extreme rarities available to hungry and rabid psych enthusiast like me......lol.......I just thought i would raise this post once more.

Hi Stuart
I bought the Sunbeam Blossom Toes albums on both Vinyl & CD, i was a bit upset over not being able to buy the BB Blunder on vinyl..still the 2CD was a welcome.

Anyone know if Reg King /BB Blunder ''Little Boy''/''10,000 Miles'' is available anywhere?

Do you mean as a 45?

Mr Wisdom's Whopper
Do you mean as a 45?

Yes it was a 45rpm, but i was wondering if the tracks appeared on a CD at any point?

Got Worker's Playtime on origional Canadian press.

Dont like it.

Karney-boyo
Anyone know if Reg King /BB Blunder ''Little Boy''/''10,000 Miles'' is available anywhere?

It was on Reg King's solo LP which has been reissued on Circle.

Thanks Austin so it is..