Regal Zonophone 2

Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
The What's New: Get Away

The What's New
I assume that 'Up So High' is familiar to many since it has appeared on quite a few compilations. I was positively surprised when I heard Get Away from the same EP, dreamy folkrock (think Disraeli's "What Will The New Day Bring") mixed with R&B-ish garage sounds. Brilliant!

Re: The What's New: Get Away

Quote: Jonas
The What's New
I assume that 'Up So High' is familiar to many since it has appeared on quite a few compilations. I was positively surprised when I heard Get Away from the same EP, dreamy folkrock (think Disraeli's "What Will The New Day Bring") mixed with R&B-ish garage sounds. Brilliant!

"Get away" is FAB! Remember when this ep was discovered in the mid 90s and it was cheap when u found it.
Attended the rec. fair in Paris many times during the 90´s and picked up circa 5 copies.

One great track, one very good track, one okay track and one stinker(Daisy).
Any info on these guys? They sound and have names that seem American but this was released in France right?

Email  

They came from Florida and if i remember correctly they first came over to France as a backing band for a US female singer.

The back cover states that they were discovered by Line Renaud (well-known French chanteuse) in Disneyland (or is that Disneyworld?), Orlando playing for 3000 in 1965. She brought them to France. They issued two French EPs this being the second (the 1st apparently contains folk covers 'Early Morning Rain', 'Last Thing On My Mind'...)

Quote: Jonas
The back cover states that they were discovered by Line Renaud (well-known French chanteuse) in Disneyland (or is that Disneyworld?), Orlando playing for 3000 in 1965. She brought them to France. They issued two French EPs this being the second (the 1st apparently contains folk covers 'Early Morning Rain', 'Last Thing On My Mind'...)

ah yes that´s right Jonas.
the first ep is nothing to write home about ; )

A great article can be found over at Bedazzled with quite a few film clips too.

THANX JONAS! NEVER would´ve thought to see a clip of "Get away"

Email