UK Psychedelia Discussion Forum

Regal Zonophone 2

Forum: General Forum
Start a New Topic 
   Board|Threaded
Author
Comment
CRESSIDA "TRAPPED IN TIME" !

Finally avalilable: CRESSIDA Trapped in Time - The Lost tapes.

Just received from those nice nice guys at Record Collector Magazine. The latest in their vinyl-only, limited and numbered series of reissues, this is actually an entire album of so far unissued demo tapes which predate their first original album.
In fact many of the tracks were included in their eponymous album.
Is it worth the price?
To me absolutely yes!
I do love their 1st Lp and like a lot the 2nd (a bit inferior though), so a full lot of their songs finally unearthed is a little treasure to my ears.
Of course, the sound quality is not top but still very very good, the passion and romanticism of their typical prog style was, as it shows, already there since the beginning and some tracks are - although somehow immature - even more vibrant and enjoyable in this primitive (but not rough at all!) form.

The lavish, very nice gatefold sleeeve with all details inside adds even more pleasure.

To me, a must have for UK prog conoisseurs and collectors!

Email   deleted   Website
Re: CRESSIDA "TRAPPED IN TIME" !

I must have this but don't do vinyl

The three unheard tracks are: 'Sad Eyed Fairy', 'Situation' & 'Mental State'..

i think their two albums are great.

Bernardo is your email address valid ? Can you give me one ? Important things to ask you

Quote: Professor Longhair
Bernardo is your email address valid ? Can you give me one ? Important things to ask you

Yes, its is. Email me whenever you want.
If you have any problem, write again in this theread and I'll give it to you
Bernardo

Quote: bernardo

Bernardo

Hi Bernardo , I've tried again to email you , but when windows mail opens it tells me address deleted . Can you give me another one ?

Bernardo

Hi Bernardo , I've tried again to email you , but when windows mail opens it tells me address deleted . Can you give me another one ?

Misteries of emails/servers/evil tech.....
Yu're welcome to email me at:

berna10@fastwebnet.it

Have a great (musical) Sunday!

Bernardo

Im sat here fuming this hasnt been released on CD

You wrote: "The latest in their vinyl-only, limited and numbered series of reissues"
Did Record Collector release more albums?
Do you know their plans for the future?

I have an old compilation albumn that has 2 unreleased Cressida tracks from an acetate. I wonder if they are on this album as well...

Feddo:
The three tracks are:

''Sad Eyed Fairy''
''Situation''
''Mental State''

Quote: Karney
Im sat here fuming this hasnt been released on CD [/quot

Simple to solve..... Get you (again) a decent turntable! There's plenty in the s/h market.
As a matter of fact, various companies are now (as opposed to the recent past) pressing considerably more LPs together with CDs, not only reissues but new albums too. And a few albums are vinyl-only!

Quote: Feddo
You wrote: "The latest in their vinyl-only, limited and numbered series of reissues"
Did Record Collector release more albums?
Do you know their plans for the future?

I have an old compilation albumn that has 2 unreleased Cressida tracks from an acetate. I wonder if they are on this album as well...

Hi Feddo,
I think Karney already gave you the answer about those tracks.
RC have released so far a number of great ltd LPs, including luxurious reissues of Pussy, Red Dirt, Smoke, Ambrose Slade, Agincourt.
I'm sure some are still available. Have a look at the Record Collector website: they can be purchased online.

Thanx for the answer Bernardo.
I didn't know about these reissues. Do they have also non album tracks like the Cressida?

In Utrecht I was too late to buy a copy of the Cressida. But they will bring me one next time.

Email  

I didn't know about these reissues. Do they have also non album tracks like the Cressida?

In Utrecht I was too late to buy a copy of the Cressida. But they will bring me one next time.

No, I think they don't include non album tracks. Again, you can find more info on the RC website. I have bought almost all of them except a couple, like Pussy (since I have the original , thank goodness).
They are all splendid editions with numbered certificate and a great opportunity to have on legit vinyl edition some monster rarities such as Red Dirt! How many are so lucky to have the Fontana original in their collection??!!?

Good to know that they are repro's and not albums with unreleased tracks. I have reissues or original of the titles you mentioned so can't be bothered.
A release with unreleased tracks is another case...

Thanx for the info. I will check their website.
cheers

Feddo

No, I think they don't include non album tracks. Again, you can find more info on the RC website. I have bought almost all of them except a couple, like Pussy (since I have the original , thank goodness).
They are all splendid editions with numbered certificate and a great opportunity to have on legit vinyl edition some monster rarities such as Red Dirt! How many are so lucky to have the Fontana original in their collection??!!?

Email  

Simple to solve..... Get you (again) a decent turntable!

Turntable! I was glad to see the back of my Vinyl never A-GAIN

Quote: Karney
Simple to solve..... Get you (again) a decent turntable!

Turntable! I was glad to see the back of my Vinyl never A-GAIN

K., if our karma doesn't include vinyl anymore, then it's Ok.
And I sincerely wish you that this Cressida LP will be produced in the little shiny diskette format soon for you, digital fans.

Just received my copy of Trapped in time and listened to a little bit of it . Well , I must say some of the demo versions on it are rawer and better than the definitive versions .
Each and every copy comes with a certificate of authenticity . Mine is copy n° 610 out of 750 .

bernard can you mail me please as your emaill addy has been deleted ..i wont pass it on but would like to send you a music clip
thanks phil

Email